New Grower, Need Help In A Challenged Environment-cold

• Thread starter giannid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

Phylex, anyway you can post some pictures of your setup? Seems like you have it figured out. Was thinking about using one of those radiator looking oil filled space heater. I think the one I was looking at had a thermostat built into it. I imagine it would be fine as long as the temperature stays above 55 to 60 degrees when the lights are off. Do you guys think the led lights will produce enough heat on there own to keep the tent warm when running? If not I should probably just use a mh setup.

Thermo
SPaceHeater
Filter1
Exhaust
Intake
Mushroom
Phylex

Phylex

I'm running a 5x5 Growlab tent. They account for negative pressure (walls sucking in) and add 9" to their respective tent sizes because of this. A 4x4 is actually 4'9" x 4'9", and their 5x5 is 5'9"x5'9". The 6" hurricane is pushing 435 cfm. It seems to work very efficiently in my 5x5.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Welcome to, The Farm!
I would get a small space heater for that sized tent. It will be more then sufficient. As far as venting I would hang a can fan and scrub the tent. Trying to vent outside the tent would deafeat the purpose of heating the tent. Oil heaters will take up to much space you will need the room.

Perfect ! Add some co2 as well since there won't be much air flow

G

giannid

How's this Co2 work and where do you purchase it? Any problems it can cause?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

You can use tanks. The tank is plugged into a controller which regulates the co2 levels. It's all 12volt hookup like your normal plug. They run co2 through thin tube you can hang above your plants . Or you can use a co2 burner hooked up to natural gas or propane that is more of a experienced level of co2 so I'd suggest a tank. If you ever decide that route

G

giannid

You can use tanks. The tank is plugged into a controller which regulates the co2 levels. It's all 12volt hookup like your normal plug. They run co2 through thin tube you can hang above your plants . Or you can use a co2 burner hooked up to natural gas or propane that is more of a experienced level of co2 so I'd suggest a tank. If you ever decide that route

Yeah, I don't think tanks is going to be a good option. Thanks for the info dieselduds but I think that's going beyond my skill level and getting complicated.

Top Bottom