New member, New grow. BOG & CaliConnection, 600w

• Thread starter ssteely71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ssteely71

Welcome to my grow. This is my 5th grow as a legal medical cannabis patient. All my grows have been successful but each has had its moments of doubt.
It will be a mixed run.
I'll be saving my prized sourbubble and kimbo kush seeds for later grows. Here's my list.
BOG Blue Moon Rocks x 5
BOG Lifesaver x 4
Bagseed Og Kush x 2
Cali Con mystery freebie x 1
Cali Con Tahoe OG Fem x 1
=13 total

My germ rate to date has been 100%. My fem rate to date has been 45%. The Tahoe will be my first fem seed. Mainly focusing on BOG gear this run. I won't be cutting any clones or looking to save any phenos from this run. It will be two-3 weeks veg from seed and straight into flowering. After this grow I'm moving locations.

So picked out the seeds and into my high~tech propagation chambers ( Tupperware )
New member new grow bog  caliconnection 600w

I use a mixture of 1/4 Tsp per gal DynaGro K-L-N @ pH 6.0
To soak paper towels. A layer above and below my seeds. Very wet and seal them shut. Then into my grow area
New member new grow bog  caliconnection 600w 2
I put the Tupperware onto a seedling heating mat under 108w of T5 on 24/24.
New member new grow bog  caliconnection 600w 3
I usually open them every 12 hours and refresh the wetness if needed. I expect all of them popped within 3 days, not counting one iffy bag seed that looks weak.
So. I'll hope to be using an organic soil mix if I can get it mixed this week ( doubtful) otherwise I'll be using a bagged soil amended. Will be vegging and blooming under 600w Mhs. My Hps was just too hot in bloom last grow. Hope your interested. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Here's a shot of my latest pull. It's SinCitySeeds Galactic Jack.
New member new grow bog  caliconnection 600w 4
Dank !!

Last edited:
iCultivate

iCultivate

Welcome mate! That tent looks like is begging for some nice, fat girls to be shaking their booty in there! ;)

-- iCultivate --

*Disclaimer: I do not suggest people invite fat girls into their grow tents to shake their booty.*

S

ssteely71

Great to see you bro.i believe I saw you at the booth saturday.I came into the convo late, lol, but caught the name.welcome.
Hello and thank for the welcome. If you were at the exotic genetics booth it was me. I ask a couple of very nice gentleman to identify a strain I had. They guessed bullrider and were very helpful. The breeder at EG with the HTCC cup awards was very gracious and hooked me up with a nice pack of Kimbo. Once I get my skill set dialed in I'll be looking for purple stemmed lady Kimbo's!

S

ssteely71

So. It seems I'm have an environmental mystery effecting my germination. 12/13 seeds cracked open BUT... Once they cracked open they stalled out. Almost seems that as soon as the little root touched the paper towel that growth stopped. I knew within 36 hours that growth was stunted so I rinsed the seeds gently in clean pHd RO water and placed them into clean containers. Only the BOG seeds recovered with vigor and are now in soil. I recently bombed and disinfected my whole grow area and all utensils and am convinced I have some residue or something. I've never had issues germinating and besides the clean up the only new process is the seedling heating pad I have in use. Here's what a seedling looks like 3 days since it cracked. What's its problem? Or is it just me? Lol

burn4me

burn4me

could they be in shock from heat pad? this is your 1st time with the pad right? maybe the tried and true method used before was your sweet spot for germ. just my guess though. maybe a better farmer could pin point it though. best of luck im def gonna be lurking to see this though.
oh and welcome to the farm my friend.

S

ssteely71

That was my first thought too. I did place a towel and a tray between my seed tray and the heating pad so it wasn't too hot. And air temps have remained stable at 69-75*f My only other guess is bleach residue in/on my utensils. But yeah. I think I should go back to wet paper towels in a wine glass in the dark.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
View attachment 379227 So. It seems I'm have an environmental mystery effecting my germination. 12/13 seeds cracked open BUT... Once they cracked open they stalled out. Almost seems that as soon as the little root touched the paper towel that growth stopped. I knew within 36 hours that growth was stunted so I rinsed the seeds gently in clean pHd RO water and placed them into clean containers. Only the BOG seeds recovered with vigor and are now in soil. I recently bombed and disinfected my whole grow area and all utensils and am convinced I have some residue or something. I've never had issues germinating and besides the clean up the only new process is the seedling heating pad I have in use. Here's what a seedling looks like 3 days since it cracked. What's its problem? Or is it just me? Lol
Did they get a little too warm?

S

ssteely71

Did they get a little too warm?
I think so.
The Cali Connection seeds most stunted. The BOG BMRs are thriving and even one has popped out of the soil. The BOG Lifesaver has 2 doing fine and two not as well. Checked the date on my DynaGro KLN and it's ok. I'm going to go ahead and pop a couple more Lifesavers my old way today. See if i get better results. None have died YET but I can tell their stunted Thanks so much for the info and insight farmers!

S

ssteely71

Ok. I got the seedlings out of the Tupperware. Shaping up to be a BOG run now. I got the 5 BMRs , 4 Lifesaver ,and added 4 SourBubble. I just put the SB straight into a light soil mix to germinate. Also still have one CaliCnt fem TahoeOg that should recover.
Let's see what I have next week...

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Nice line up brother.. I would go back to your proven method on germing.. You;ll love the hardiness of the BMR's.. Looking good bro.. Got me a stool.. Best DP

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Do away with the light when germing this way..it will stunt and/or kill seedlings tender tap roots from my experience...not so much if you put them straight in soil or your fav substrate...but light on any roots is trouble, with seedlings or full grown plants...warm and dark/w paper towels....warm and light if planted directly in soil...good luck...nice line-up...I'll be peekin in if ya don't mind...B

Top Bottom