New To Cannabis Consumption And Had A Bit Of A Problem

• Thread starter An4rchist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

An4rchist

Hello,

Great to be a party of this community!

I am new to cannabis and I have to say that I ran into a bit of a problem. I have searched online and found there were significant amount of others who experienced something somewhat to what I have. Allow me to briefly explain. I ended up making some cannabis oil a few months back and put it in my tea. It was great. Relaxing, even helped me sleep better. That's it. No crazy experience just relaxation and better sleep. After 3 weeks of 4 consumptions a week I decided to "double up" on my dosage and see what happens. Well, let me tell you, I was pacing my apartment for 5 ours while going in an out of conscientious thought and waves of paranoia. LOL. Anyway, I had an ever so slight and annoying dizziness to my head for about 10 days then it went away entirely. (and no the cannabis was not laced as I knew how it was sourced and was legit and reliable). Well I ended up getting some new cannabis. Two batches worth (perhaps one was older then the other or they were different strains, I do not know). One batch I made into oil and the other I left as is. I tried a much smaller dosage of the oil just to play it safe. I got a tad anxious but that was it. So I waited 48 hours and tried again. Again, a tad anxious. In the end, I think I was just so nervous as to what happened last time that I worked myself up a bit. So I decided that maybe ingesting is just not for me. So the very next day I vaped with cannabis that I obviously did not convert to oil. I did four mild puffs within 5 minutes (I didn't even close my mouth all the way on the tube so that I breathed in air as well as vape). I got slightly relaxed and it helped me sleep. I then did it the very next day again. Same result. THEN, 48 hours later (I had done no vaping or ingesting) I suddenly felt a rush to my face and tingling over my body. It was very severe, but my first thought was the recognition that it had something to do with cannabis. I remember trying not to panic as to why I suddenly had this feeling while sitting on a couch and talking, but I went to bed. Then for the next 11 days (today being the 11th day) I felt a variety of anxiety, dizziness, a heaviness to my head where I want to lay down for a bit and so on. Now the anxiety has lessened in the last 3 days. I had a bit of anxiety this morning but overall I see some improvement. But I still have some dizziness and "heavy headedness" and if I focus to much on it, I admit that anxiety can trigger more anxiety and other feelings as described above. So I can't brush aside the fact that some of this is perhaps intensified by psychology.

All to say, has anyone experienced this before? Should I be worried? Is this permanent? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Do I just need to ride this out and know it will all be okay soon?

And by the way, I'm not on any meds, I have never had any psychological issues by which I needed to see a therapist. I am, as far as I can tell, a healthy 34 year old male with wife and kids and just want to get a peace of mind as to when this will end and hopefully relate to others.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Sounds like anxiety to me. Cannabis may not be for you, but for now you need to understand that anxiety can cause tons of strange physiological symptoms head tingling, heart attack, doom, facial numbness, dizziness, shortness of breath, feeling constricted, feeling dissociated like you're dreaming are all normal. You may have had a one time reaction, or your brain may not like cannabis. This is definitely not uncommon, i and many others have experienced almost exactly the same symptoms, i no longer have them. I'm not the same case as you at all though because i have serious physical and mental disease, but i know other people like you who struggled with it at first and now love it. Go low and slow. Eating is more nerve racking than smoking for me, its also way easier to overdose(literal, not dangerously, it is not dangerous physically to consume large quantities of cannabis). Youre not an abnormal situation though at all.

A

An4rchist

Sounds like anxiety to me. Cannabis may not be for you, but for now you need to understand that anxiety can cause tons of strange physiological symptoms head tingling, heart attack, doom, facial numbness, dizziness, shortness of breath, feeling constricted, feeling dissociated like you're dreaming are all normal. You may have had a one time reaction, or your brain may not like cannabis. This is definitely not uncommon, i and many others have experienced almost exactly the same symptoms, i no longer have them. I'm not the same case as you at all though because i have serious physical and mental disease, but i know other people like you who struggled with it at first and now love it. Go low and slow. Eating is more nerve racking than smoking for me, its also way easier to overdose(literal, not dangerously, it is not dangerous physically to consume large quantities of cannabis). Youre not an abnormal situation though at all.

Thank you for that. It's just good to hear that others went through the same thing and have found recovery. The mind can play crazy tricks when you don't know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can say that the more I focus on it and begin thinking "this is never going away" or "this is only going to get worse", the symptoms do get worse as a result! So yes, anxiety plays a role. I'm 99% positive it is not simply anxiety has I never had this problem until AFTER the week of my consumption of cannabis. Not to say I haven't struggled with anxiety before. I have but, as far as I know, not to any degree by which I would seek medical help or due to an actual mental condition. But thank you SO much for your comments. I will try and post a weekly update. Any encouragement in this process is always encouraged. ;) :) THANK YOU!!

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome to the farm, dosage as your discovering is very hit/miss, that being said my wife takes both tincture and MJ capsules, both have for her a top dosage, where if she goes over produces (in her case) an inability to sleep among other things, and yes these are all heavy indica medicines, that I’ve grown and put together.
That said your relating a feeling that’s lasted more than several days, and could be psychosomatic responses or again something else entirely (because what do I know).
Hoping these feelings have dissipated now, but other than that don’t have much more to offer.

A

An4rchist

I'm not the same case as you at all though because i have serious physical and mental disease,

And I forgot to mention that I am sorry to hear about your ailments.... I truly hope you can find some relief and recovery. If you do not mind, I will say a prayer for you. :)

I hope you have a great weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom