Nitrogen Nutrients Derived From Ammonia Sources

• Thread starter ThatGuyMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

I'm just now in week five of my flowering phase with an outdoor plant and I've noticed that with using advanced nutrients the buds are starting to smell like ammonia or cat urine.
After hours of research, I've found that advanced nutrients for soil derive there nitrogen from ammonia sources including
1) AMMONIACAL NITROGEN (.5%)
2) NITRATE NITROGEN (3.3%)
3) UREA NITROGEN (.2%)

I would like to get eveybody's input on this topic. I'm sure that by flushing the plant over the next two weeks until harvest should help it develop a more skunky and true cannabis smell but I'd like to hear your thoughts!
Nutrients with ammonia derived nitrogen contents vs nitrogen derived nitrogen contents!

BioStimz

BioStimz

In abrupt situations like this, you need to add an ammonia-oxidizing bacterium to the soil.

Here's an inexpensive option:

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

Here's a related fertilizer product you can use next time around:

To create a living soil, three groups of microorganisms arepresent: bacteria, fungi and Archaea. In the quest to better soil the fastest acting group - the Archaea – has been missing from other fertilizers. Although it is naturally occurring and essential, no one has been able to grow it commercially until now. And it is only available in Jobe’s Organics fertilizers. We call it Biozome. Other organic fertilizers may contain bacteria and fungi, but they don’t contain Biozome. Jobe’s Organic’s Biozome contains a very aggressive group of microorganisms thathelps break down beneficial complex materials andminerals into basic nutrients that plants can readily absorb. With Jobe’s Organics, you’ll see great results faster.

Screenshot 20171009 070625

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

To create a living soil, three groups of microorganisms arepresent: bacteria, fungi and Archaea. In the quest to better soil the fastest acting group - the Archaea – has been missing from other fertilizers. Although it is naturally occurring and essential, no one has been able to grow it commercially until now. And it is only available in Jobe’s Organics fertilizers. We call it Biozome. Other organic fertilizers may contain bacteria and fungi, but they don’t contain Biozome. Jobe’s Organic’s Biozome contains a very aggressive group of microorganisms thathelps break down beneficial complex materials andminerals into basic nutrients that plants can readily absorb. With Jobe’s Organics, you’ll see great results faster.

View attachment 748618
Wow! What a expert response! Ill be by the hydro store today to search for Jobe's! Would be killer to get a plant on Jobes only and another on advanced nutrients to compare smells ans stuff! thanks again for such a damn good reply! :)

BioStimz

BioStimz

Wow! What a expert response! Ill be by the hydro store today to search for Jobe's! Would be killer to get a plant on Jobes only and another on advanced nutrients to compare smells ans stuff!

Just remember to consider it's 5-2-3 ratio - this is more ideal for vegetative growth, but it's a great way to add ammonia & nitrate oxidizers to the organic media.

But if your ever in a pinch like your original post, you'll want to check out the other link, as the ammonia-oxidizing bacterium is most efficient method I can think of for relatively rapid ammonia-removal.

~

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've just stated up on this board, as I basically stayed away for a while. Is this the thread when someone says to piss in your rez? Lmao..I've seen it more than once. Ya do not need much N! Even in veg. Look at the Lucas Formula, or the ratio in Botanicare veg. Also ya gotta remember most growers add cal/mag, and that's usually 2-0-0.
In flower i drastically reduce N. When using Lucas at week 4, I'll cut it to 4,or 5-16, and reduce each week, and phase out the cal mag *adds great tastes, and colors!
I feed very light throughout anyway. My method.. the least amount of butes that keep your plants healthy is best.
Example of both Veg, and bloim for Botanicare line
6 ml base, 2 1/2 cal mag, and 2 silica.
With tap, that puts me at 1-1.2 EC

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

View attachment 748618
Can i use this to also supplement calcium/magnesium in a coco/hydroton medium? I use advanced nutes with botanicare cal mag at the moment with each feeding

Organikz

Organikz

@BioStimz
someone has some splaining to do. You can in fact buy azos by itself. Do you work for Jobe's? No way you're pushing jobes as a superior organic fertilizer...

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Can i use this to also supplement calcium/magnesium in a coco/hydroton medium? I use advanced nutes with botanicare cal mag at the moment with each feeding
I've used every major nutrient line, additives etc....Advanced Nutrients ='s waste of $, crappy tasting flower (FAR TOO MUCH N IN veg/flower nutes) BESIDES Roots excel, and Drip clean, I've had the best results using Lucas formula, or Botanicare line. 5 ml base, 2 ml cal/mag in tap, and silica (I make my own). I also start cutting N by week 4. I don't want green plants when I'm ready to harvest....Onceagain green ='s hay.
Just my experience, and price tag speaks for itself.
Here is an OLD ass pic from my Sunshine #4 days. This is how I like my cannabis to lookat harvest.

20130929 033750 resized 2
BioStimz

BioStimz

@BioStimz
someone has some splaining to do.
No.... not really.

You can in fact buy azos by itself.
You can buy anything as a standalone. Once again... that complex isn't comprised of just azoz, and I haven't seen a comparable fert-product like it - hence the reason I posted it.

You can in fact buy azos by itself.
Do you work for Jobe's?[/QUOTE]
No.... you?

No way you're pushing jobes as a superior organic fertilizer...
I'm not "pushing" anything. So what "superior" product within that category do you suggest?

Let's compare profiles, shall we?

~

Organikz

Organikz

No.... not really.

You can buy anything as a standalone. Once again... that complex isn't comprised of just azoz, and I haven't seen a comparable fert-product like it - hence the reason I posted it.

Do you work for Jobe's?
No.... you?

I'm not "pushing" anything. So what "superior" product within that category do you suggest?

Let's compare profiles, shall we?

~
Espoma has a biostarter but is filled with mychorzial fungi. I've honestly always seen any organic grower that I respect to basically tell us azos is an unnecessary product. Lactobacillus is more than capable of handling the job of organic deconstruction. I thought azos was similar to mycos...no

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Alfalfa meal does the same things

• Highly-efficient conversion of nitrogen
  • Drives clorophyll production
  • Helps keep plants green and efficient
  • Highly-efficient conversion of nitrogen
  • Drives clorophyll production
  • Helps keep plants green and efficient
  • Acts as growth simulant
  • Works symbiotically with mykos

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Espoma has a biostarter but is filled with mychorzial fungi. I've honestly always seen any organic grower that I respect to basically tell us azos is an unnecessary product. Lactobacillus is more than capable of handling the job of organic deconstruction. I thought azos was similar to mycos...no
Well, I'm not sure if this is a secret from the cannabis community, but I had started to develop pythium during a very hot dummer. There's an agriculture product called Myco-stop. When I'm running a larger operation, I'd use it twice during flower. It's very expensive, and must be used within 20 min if mixing. We'd get it online at an agricultural website. I've never seen it at a grow shop.
Anyone ever hear if it?

Organikz

Organikz

Mycelium can be cultured by simply grinding malted grain or even oatmeal. And sprinkling it on your soil or in my case the alfalfa straw I use is actually all stuck together by mycelium.

What I have been told time and time again is to start with a solid humus source. Coot said it himself. Get your humus dialed and you won't have any questions that need an answer. Spend the extra money on quality ewc and all those bells and whistles aren't necessary.

Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

Espoma has a biostarter but is filled with mychorzial fungi. I've honestly always seen any organic grower that I respect to basically tell us azos is an unnecessary product. Lactobacillus is more than capable of handling the job of organic deconstruction.
My friend you are forgetting the context of this thread i.e. ammonia-removal. What have the respected organic growers told you about archaea?

Archaea are integral for ammonia oxidization & soil nitrification.

If you can come up with something better.... then let's see it. They use this stuff in waste plants it's so effective.

~

Organikz

Organikz

My friend you are forgetting the context of this thread i.e. ammonia-removal. What have the respected organic growers told you about archaea?

If you can come up with something better.... then let's see it. They use this stuff in waste plants it's so effective.

~
my friend i think you are forgetting the fact that a lot of strains smell like ammonia. As a matter of fact there is a strain that gravekat works with called norcal piss. My white widow smells like cat piss. It's a terpene my friend. it turns into a great smoke believe it or not. ammonia is nothing. ammonium nitrate doesn't form in buds. it has been processed down and used up by chloroplasts to make sugars that carry hydrogen and carbon to the flowers.

Source and sink...

Organikz

Organikz

if he does have a large amount of ammonia and you chelate it you are going to cook his plants as it's converted to ammonium nitrate. a more logical approach if in fact you have a hot soil would be to introduce a carbon source such as wood chips as a mulch. throw some compost. grow some rye grass.

in certain cases a flush is necessary but it's a last resort. Right after a flush just throw a compost tea down the crown. I've had to do it and still ended up with a good harvest.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/003807179400165W

azos is naturally occurring in EWC and compost also

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

~
the ammonia the OP is sensing is probably the plants terpenes. Some strains smell like urine. And that wouldnt have anything to do with the soil or the ferts being used.

Top Bottom