Our 2nd Time Cloning W/ My Step By Step Photos- Lithium Og Kush - June 25 Cut Day

• Thread starter AJGirlsGrow2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Was this helpful?

• Total voters
AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I received 2 clones from a friend back in March 1st. I am just about to harvest them, my first harvest. I cloned those moms back then and kept 4 which I am now also about to switch to flower and they are bigger than the moms so I cut 8 more today with just a few adjustments via things I learned since then.
**Note: I do not claim to be a professional or anything. I have had a set up for about 4 months and have spend countless hours watching tutorials, videos, reading, talking with people, visiting forums, etc. and I'm still pretty new but I feel confident in what I've learned so far. I CAN say that we have been successful because all 6 of my 1st clones rooted though it took like 3 weeks, and I gave two away and have 4 awesome flourishing bushes now which gave me 8 more cuts. Please see my steps and the photos that go with them.

Items I use:
I use some latex gloves, scissors that I cleaned with alcohol, 2 bowls of water, jiffy pellets, a 5 dollar envelope of Clonex gel, a skinny pain brush or any skinny like item, paper towels, a tray with grooves and a dome for the top, that's about it.

Step 1:
Identify your cuts off the plant, cut at 45 degree angle and put them in bowl of water immediately. Let them soak while you work, put your other plants back.
Step 2: Put your peat pellets in the bowl of water so they can expand.
Step 3: Cut lower leaves off cuttings and cut a half inch of fan leaves to divert energy.
Step 4: Scrape ends of cutting, ensure 45 degree angle. Dry off ends of cuttings and dip in cloning gel, coating nicely.
Step 5: Place coated cutting into expanded peat pellet and drop a teaspoon of water into the middle.
Step 6: Place them all in tray and spray inside of dome and cover the clones in tray.

Keep them in a warm and humid place. Spray inside of the dome twice a day for first few days. After pellets dry up a bit, pour a small layer of water in tray, maybe 1/4 inch, it will force them to look down for water and root. Once I see the roots I transplant right into my Roots Organic Soil. They have slight signs of nute burn but nothing severe, recovered NICELY. You can see how nicely my first cuttings came back....

Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 2
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 3
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 4
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 5
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 6
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 7
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 8
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 9
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 10
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 11
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 12
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 13
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 14
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 15
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 16
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 17
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 18
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 19
Our 2nd time cloning w my step by step photos  lithium og kush   june 25 cut day 20
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I received 2 clones from a friend back in March 1st. I am just about to harvest them, my first harvest. I cloned those moms back then and kept 4 which I am now also about to switch to flower and they are bigger than the moms so I cut 8 more today with just a few adjustments via things I learned since then.
**Note: I do not claim to be a professional or anything. I have had a set up for about 4 months and have spend countless hours watching tutorials, videos, reading, talking with people, visiting forums, etc. and I'm still pretty new but I feel confident in what I've learned so far. I CAN say that we have been successful because all 6 of my 1st clones rooted though it took like 3 weeks, and I gave two away and have 4 awesome flourishing bushes now which gave me 8 more cuts. Please see my steps and the photos that go with them.

Items I use:
I use some latex gloves, scissors that I cleaned with alcohol, 2 bowls of water, jiffy pellets, a 5 dollar envelope of Clonex gel, a skinny pain brush or any skinny like item, paper towels, a tray with grooves and a dome for the top, that's about it.

Step 1:
Identify your cuts off the plant, cut at 45 degree angle and put them in bowl of water immediately. Let them soak while you work, put your other plants back.
Step 3: Cut lower leaves off cuttings and cut a half inch of fan leaves to divert energy.
Step 4: Scrape ends of cutting, ensure 45 degree angle. Dry off ends of cuttings and dip in cloning gel, coating nicely.
Step 5: Place coated cutting into expanded peat pellet and drop a teaspoon of water into the middle.
Step 6: Place them all in tray and spray inside of dome and cover the clones in tray.

Keep them in a warm and humid place. Spray inside of the dome twice a day for first few days. After pellets dry up a bit, pour a small layer of water in tray, maybe 1/4 inch, it will force them to look down for water and root. Once I see the roots I transplant right into my Roots Organic Soil. They have slight signs of nute burn but nothing severe, recovered NICELY. You can see how nicely my first cuttings came back....
Have you tried rapid rooters or root riot plugs like the one on your clonex pack?
Ive never tried jiffy plugs for cloning, only for seed starting, whats your success rate?
Also, I wash a new razor with alcohol and gently slide the razor for the 45° cut, if you crush the membrane with scissors it probably wont root.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I have only cloned once now before this, just with same method above. 100% success rate, I have 4 like the top photo from first one I kept, I gave two away. All 6 I did rooted. I used the scissors that time. Just repeated since it worked on all, cut 8 this time.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Have you tried rapid rooters or root riot plugs like the one on your clonex pack?
Ive never tried jiffy plugs for cloning, only for seed starting, whats your success rate?
Also, I wash a new razor with alcohol and gently slide the razor for the 45° cut, if you crush the membrane with scissors it probably wont root.
Guess I could give those a try it just happened to be first way I watched and I had the pellets already.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Items I use:

Step 1:

Look like a professional to me :) ( thumbs up)

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Are you giving out advise or just telling how you do it? Regardless of you success rate always cut with a new Razor, dont cut the 45 with scissors.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Guess I could give those a try it just happened to be first way I watched and I had the pellets already.
The root riots have very little water, mostly air, cuts root really fast and will actually look like the pic on the clonex pack.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Ill gets some of those next time I'm in the shop, def sounds better.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

New razors have a coating of oil to prevent rusting in the package, always clean your new razors with iso.

Cali Root, Not giving advise, I put a note that I am no professional this is just how I do it and it worked for me 100%. I personally used the scissors both times, but I'd have used a new razor if I had some, I was not picky since it worked first time.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes I'm aware of the razors and oil, nice for pointing that out tho. I'm actually starting to get picky even with ISO near anything I do.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I did not know about cleaning the new razors, always learning.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I should also share that I experimented a couple weeks ago and cloned a tomato plant same way but without any gel, cut with scissors and put in the one pellet I had, it rooted in 2 days so today I went ahead and did two cucumbers, you can see them in my tray to the left with the other clones.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

This is what the moms came from, and that half dead one was even worse, brown stick only no green, i stopped taking pics and then it rooted and turned into the beauty in the bag I cut a few from today. Phew.
polaroid_2017-05-31_21-19-24_original-jpeg.705932

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

So I just checked out my new spot my boyfriend and I made for the clones outside of my tent, a little closet spot, dude the humidity is at 99% in the dome. Bomb.

IMG 20170625 193849
IMG 20170625 193830
IMG 20170625 193812
AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

thats the actual carry case for tent it has the mylar inside, on the floor, and then as you can see foil on the walls, gotta work with what you got!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
thats the actual carry case for tent it has the mylar inside, on the floor, and then as you can see foil on the walls, gotta work with what you got!
Pretty sure thats the waterproof protective floor liner

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Pretty sure thats the waterproof protective floor liner
It's not lol its the carrying case. the liner is in the tent, he was going to take it out for the wall and i said no so yea its really just the case spread out LOL

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Never seen a grow tent with a carrying case...

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Never seen a grow tent with a carrying case...

:D:D:smoking::cool::p:love1: Guess that is weird, funny you say that he was trying to put it as the liner at first fucking with it getting mad as ever and then we realized it zipped up and had handles lol it looks just like an instrument carrying case of some sort

Top Bottom