• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hello!

Welcome to the second grow log installment from outwest. I'm mixing things up this time and abandoning almost all bottled nutes. Subcool has inspired me with his super soil. I like simple, and the notion of a water only regimen is very appealing. Banana Manna and some organic P & K during flower will probably be the only additions. While yield is a nice-to-have for me as a personal grower, quality (aka dankness) is paramount. My personal preference is taste and smell above all else. For me, if it smells stanky, and tastes yummy, it usually feels good too. Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, doesn't matter to me, just make it taste good and feel good!

With that in mind, Subcool's Super Soil seems like a great way to go. The only changes I've made to his recipe was to add a little more powdered humic acid and azomite. I've also added a gallon of Growstones for every bag of roots base soil. I'm using 7 gallon fabric pots. The first 2.5 gallons of the pot is filled with Super Soil, then I put in another half gallon of straight roots (also amended with Growstones) that I gently mix a little with the Super Soil base. Then I fill the rest of the pot with the Growstone amended roots soil. I've left about 1.5 inches of room at the top so I can top things off once I've transplanted.

Some other changes in the 4th Dimension (the name of my garden) are lowering of the tray by about 18" (more head room!), a new oscillating fan, 7 gallon pots (from 3 gallon), and of course the Super Soil.

If you have any tips or tricks for amended organic soil, please speak up. One thing I'm unsure of is watering frequency with this type of soil.

Here is a photo of the garden, just waiting for some clone love:

4thdim sf

Here is a trick I learned on this forum for mixing the soil: A compost tumbler. To say this made soil mixing easier is an understatement, even if I did dump 2 bags of super soil on my basement floor.

Tumbler sf

Thanks & Enjoy!

outwest

Krasi

Krasi

Good luck with ur new round, may it be fertile and generous:D
That compost mixer looks a very handy gedget for mixing soil, and ur soil looks ready fot the job

DieselBoy

DieselBoy

Cool setup. I've been wanting to do the Super Soil myself and the tumbler is a great idea.

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Have a link for the super soil by subcool? Was wanting to take a look. Love the genetics!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
hell yeah nice!!! Im all over that chem sour d

Hoping for some dank!

Good luck with ur new round, may it be fertile and generous:D
That compost mixer looks a very handy gedget for mixing soil, and ur soil looks ready fot the job

Thanks, Krasi. Fingers crossed!

Good luck bro. It looks like you have things in order. I'll be watchin!

I'll be posting!!

Cool setup. I've been wanting to do the Super Soil myself and the tumbler is a great idea.

It was a lifesaver!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'll have to find out the answers to your questions. My understanding is that it's pretty stable.

I have a confession. I've got a few clones coming. 2 are definitely P98 BK, 2 are either HeadBand or an NL5 cross, and the last 2 are Chem Sour D. . .I think. My memory is a little foggy. I know I wanted a Chem or Diesel strain, but now I'm fuzzy on where I landed. I'll confirm today. Doh.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
well I love everything chem so after sleeping on it I googled it this morning and followed the tracks so to speak. So Im going off what others are saying at icmag

Im very excited for you please keep us updated

peace brother

My memory was betters than expected. Pull up a seat DanK I've got some Chem Sour D on the way. From what I understand its a pretty stable cut. Thanks for watching!

outwest

S1N1ST3R

S1N1ST3R

I have been looking at super soil a lot lately but, I cant pry myself away from coco. Everything looks good bro. I will be following along.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have been looking at super soil a lot lately but, I cant pry myself away from coco. Everything looks good bro. I will be following along.

Thanks, S1N. I had several favorable grows with coco, but the more organic, and more simple I can go, the better. I'm really hoping for some stanky danky on this run, then again, who isnt?!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Did some house keeping tonight. Nothing worth photographing, probably not even reading about, but I figure I'd document it in the diary.

Re-attached the pullies in the light, wiped down the lens hood, installed a new fan, and replaced the pre-filter for the scrubber. The ladies should be in the dirt before the end of the week.

If anyone has some 101 tips for transplanting into soil, I'm all ears.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I apologize that this has sat idle. The babies are coming home from the nursery later today. Have some finishing touches to put on the garden. Pics to follow.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom