Do HLG clones/fakes exist?

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I found a killer deal locally on a HLG Scorpion R Spec, only used for 1 grow apparently. I'm trying to figure out if it could be a fake or if they are just hard up for money.
Would love to put it right between my 2 Vivosun VS4000 in my 8x4.

Do hlg clonesfakes exist

Do hlg clonesfakes exist 2

Do hlg clonesfakes exist 3

Do hlg clonesfakes exist 4

Do hlg clonesfakes exist 5

Do hlg clonesfakes exist 6

P

Phyto

There are fakes out there, but normally you'll find them on Amazon or Alibaba, not on the secondary (used) market). I have an HLG, yours looks real to me, sounds like you got a great deal. You'll be happy with that light, it's VERY powerful. If you have any questions contact HLG, their customer service is the best!!!! You can probably download all the specs and manuals from their website.

Last edited:
Newty

Newty

There are fakes out there, but normally you'll find them on Amazon or Alibaba, not on the secondary (used) market). I have an HLG, yours looks real to me, sounds like you got a great deal. You'll be happy with that light, it's VERY powerful. If you have any questions contact HLG, their customer service is the best!!!! You can probably download all the specs and manuals from their website.
I didn't actually buy it yet, think I will though.
They are asking $350 and if they get asking price will throw in a HLG 120 watt light. Which means they will take less then $350 on the R Spec.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I didn't actually buy it yet, think I will though.
They are asking $350 and if they get asking price will throw in a HLG 120 watt light. Which means they will take less then $350 on the R Spec.
Thats a no brainer, jump on it!

Newty

Newty

Got it!!!
I offered $230 for the light and they took it.
Definitely is legit, looks brand new, and was owned by an older couple.
Came in original shipping box with shipping label on it, came directly from HLG.
Manual was included and they didn't use the hangers that came with it so those were all in bags unused.
Even had the wires and connectors for adding a RJ11 connector along with a HLG sticker.
Can't believe I got it for the price I did!
I picked it up on my lunch break so I'll post some additional pictures later.
Now the next step, orientation in my 8x4 with my other 2 lights. 🤔

Last edited:
P

Phyto

Got it!!!
I offered $230 for the light and they took it.
Definitely is legit, looks brand new, and was owned by an older couple.
Came in original shipping box, came directly from HLG according to the shipping label.
Manual was included and they didn't use the hangers that came with it so those were all in bags unused.
Even came with the wires and connectors for adding a RJ11 connector along with a HLG sticker, also unused in a bag.
Can't believe I got it for the price I did!
I picked it up on my lunch break so I'll post some additional pictures later.
Now the next step, orientation in my 8x4 with my other 2 lights. 🤔
Congratulations, you got a great price and a great light. Happy growing!

Top Bottom