Patient Collective Model

• Thread starter pollenchucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pollenchucker

pollenchucker

I've heard this idea tossed around before, but haven't heard of it being done yet. I live a sheltered existence tho. (I have no affiliation)

Medical Marijuana Business Legal Seminar

Overcoming HB1284: Forming Legal Patient Collectives

A Seminar by Attorney Adam Mayo

Mon., Oct. 25, 2010
6:30 pm to 9:00 pm

-----------------------------------------------------
*ENROLL ONLINE*

Attorney Adam Mayo presents a new profitable business model that allows
patients to continue to help other patients without worrying about the
regulatory nightmare and invasion of privacy created by HB1284. The Patient
Collective business model (protected by the Constitution) may actually
offer more legal protection than the MMC model (protected only by statute).
Like MMC's, patient collectives can be run as for-profit organizations.
Unlike MMC's, Patient Collectives are not regulated by HB1284 & enjoy 100%
protection under the Constitution.
Cost: $150.00/single
$125.00/each if you enroll with a friend!

INSTRUCTOR
Adam Mayo, Esq.
Hammond Law Offices
2504 Riverside Drive
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
Phone: (970) 879-6060
Web: www.mayolawyer.com
Email: [email protected]

Adam has been practicing law in Steamboat Springs, Colorado since 2004.
Adam works with dozens of dispensaries, patient collectives, MMC's and
other caregiving businesses.

*ENROLL ONLINE*

*OTHER CTI CLASSES*
Oct. 20: Medicine-Making Class
Oct. 30: Medical Cannabis Retreat: Cannabis Therapy 101 and 201

These classes are part of our Certified Cannabis Therapist (tm) training
program.

*ENROLL ONLINE*

---
Cannabis Therapy Institute
P.O. Box 19084
Boulder, CO 80308
Phone: 877-420-4205
Web:
Email: [email protected]

The Cannabis Therapy Institute is a leader in cannabis professional
training and education. We are committed to providing the best instructors
in the field to share their knowledge, wisdom and skills with others in
this growing industry. Cannabis education and training are the foundations
of a credible medical cannabis industry that can provide the top-quality
care that patients deserve.

S

selfhemployed

I don't understand.. I thought they effectively made collectives illegal?

S

selfhemployed

Interesting... Any details on how it would work?

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

I'm tempted to go.

what I heard people talking about is tearing up their caregiver rights and entering into agreements with other patients to share resources and growing space.

the commercial model they are talking about is pretty interesting. that could be the next boom, and if it take the bight out of 1284 for hobbyist/small caregivers, that would be swell.

S

selfhemployed

If it is what I am envisioning I would be 100% for this.

Where is the information in the commercial aspect of this?

I have long dreamt of a collective type of deal that allowed patients (or caregivers) to all vend their medicine under one roof without a middle man. Each member of the collective would pay a monthly fee to cover the costs of a brick and mortar "store" and the costs associated with it.

That would equal lower than dispensary prices for patients, and a legal and fair compensation for the patient/caregiver providng extra meds. There would be no "business" making any money off of another person, 100% of any profit made would go to the patient/caregiver minus their monthly fee.

That would also drive up the competition and therefore the quality of the medicine being sold.

If this patient collective model is somewhat similar to this then thank god.

If I'm interpreting this wrong and am way off on what they are referring to then I blame the ultra stank dank Chemdog D I've been blazing. :rauch08:

C

COmidnightrider

It is NOT a new concept, really. The ROCKY MOUNTAIN CAREGIVERS COOPERATIVE has been doing it for almost seven years, here in Colorado.

J-fly

J-fly

We started a collective like this in Summit county already. Its small right now, but we are growing!

I would like to take this class in order to meet more people and learn some new ideas.

$150 is kind of steep, but I think it could be worth it.

My idea was just to get each grower in the collective 5 patients. Maybe assign one of the non growing patients as the slanger. We also have one person in charge of seeds/clones.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It is NOT a new concept, really. The ROCKY MOUNTAIN CAREGIVERS COOPERATIVE has been doing it for almost seven years, here in Colorado.

This Comidnightrider is Tim Tipton, the biggest ripoff artist and degenerate to hit the CO MMJ scene.

Tim, you owe countless people for "medicine donations" from RMCC. Probably in the neighborhood of $20,000 just from people I PERSONALLY know you have ripped off. Not to mention how you ripped ME off for $1,500before the cooperative was really up and running. Funny how you never mentioned one thing about RMCC 5 yrs ago. STAY AWAY FROM RMCC!!!!

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF CO MMJ TIM TIPTON! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

R

RMCG

We started a collective like this in Summit county already. Its small right now, but we are growing!

I would like to take this class in order to meet more people and learn some new ideas.

$150 is kind of steep, but I think it could be worth it.

My idea was just to get each grower in the collective 5 patients. Maybe assign one of the non growing patients as the slanger. We also have one person in charge of seeds/clones.

You're the same one that didn't want to pay to talk to a lawyer either. It's tough as hell navigating this stuff, I'll take any and all advice I can get.

:cool0044:

150$ is cheap.

I'm in!

Thanks for the link!

J-fly

J-fly

You're the same one that didn't want to pay to talk to a lawyer either. It's tough as hell navigating this stuff, I'll take any and all advice I can get.

:cool0044:

150$ is cheap.

I'm in!

Thanks for the link!

Why should i pay a lawyer thousands of dollars i dont have? Looks like i should be teaching the seminars. This guy is making money of a patient collective model that i have already organized and had running for over a year.

:rasta2:

D

DrGreenGenes

This Comidnightrider is Tim Tipton, the biggest ripoff artist and degenerate to hit the CO MMJ scene.

Tim, you owe countless people for "medicine donations" from RMCC. Probably in the neighborhood of $20,000 just from people I PERSONALLY know you have ripped off. Not to mention how you ripped ME off for $1,500before the cooperative was really up and running. Funny how you never mentioned one thing about RMCC 5 yrs ago. STAY AWAY FROM RMCC!!!!

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF CO MMJ TIM TIPTON! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

ahhhh.... TIMMY!

LOL

Still at it?? Man, I never even met this guy, sure glad about that.

:puke.....everytime his name comes up, someone spews...LMFAO....:puke

O

Octopus Sun

Patent CoOp's work.
No caregivers are allowed at all, remove that word and status.
Patients only are allowed with a Red Card, no paperwork to keep you safe.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

what if you're a caregiver AND a patient? are we just hush hush about the caregiver thing and am I just to tell people I'm just a patient? Ok, I can play that game.

C

COb

If it is what I am envisioning I would be 100% for this.

Where is the information in the commercial aspect of this?

I have long dreamt of a collective type of deal that allowed patients (or caregivers) to all vend their medicine under one roof without a middle man. Each member of the collective would pay a monthly fee to cover the costs of a brick and mortar "store" and the costs associated with it.

That would equal lower than dispensary prices for patients, and a legal and fair compensation for the patient/caregiver providng extra meds. There would be no "business" making any money off of another person, 100% of any profit made would go to the patient/caregiver minus their monthly fee.

That would also drive up the competition and therefore the quality of the medicine being sold.

If this patient collective model is somewhat similar to this then thank god.

If I'm interpreting this wrong and am way off on what they are referring to then I blame the ultra stank dank Chemdog D I've been blazing. :rauch08:
Check out the good karma collective in Cali. I've always envied and admired what they do... and like you said would love to see that type of model here.

And lay off the D homie :fubar

R

RMCG

Anyone else going to this?

I see it didn't take long for people to tear Tim a new one on the westword, complete with links back here...

Top Bottom