Patient Collective Model

• Thread starter pollenchucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Anyone else going to this?
I had planned on trying to make it but it's a long haul from up this way. Instead, I opted for a phone consult because I had other questions I wanted answers to that I figured might be out of place at such a seminar.

6 years as a patient and I never once felt the need to have an attorney. However, that was before all of this bullshit came down with the dispensaries (1284) and the local Gov's thinking they can run shod over our rights because they can now regulate the business side of all of this.

the only good thing about any of it is that I finally got a say on the dispensary issue via a local vote. :evilgrin:

Can you say "exceptional circumstances"???:clapping

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone else going to this?

I see it didn't take long for people to tear Tim a new one on the westword, complete with links back here...

I'm going. I've never met Tim Tipton but have heard horror stories.... I think I'll make sure to stay far away! Anyway, I'll post up a report..... and if anyone else is going, feel free to PM me!

T

TyKaycha

I'm going. I've never met Tim Tipton but have heard horror stories.... I think I'll make sure to stay far away! Anyway, I'll post up a report..... and if anyone else is going, feel free to PM me!

He's easy to spot. Typically a worn-out tie-dyed t-shirt, scraggly beard, got a Dickie-do belly (meaning his belly sticks out more than his d*ck does), and usually some bad B.O. (but maybe I have a sensitive nose or just expect him to have bad B.O.) In other words he's a wanna-be dirty hippy (the worse kind there is)

R

Rednick

It's easy.

It is NOT a new concept, really. The ROCKY MOUNTAIN CAREGIVERS COOPERATIVE has been doing it for almost seven years, here in Colorado.

What you do is this:
1) Scan all documents and distribute to multiple houses at once.
2) Take 'donations' so you don't have to pay taxes. Then don't pay your suppliers, because it was a donation. (don't worry about getting fucked up b/c they grow weed, not coke).
3) When someone gets busted, disassociate. If present during the bust, grab your camera and start taking pictures. Remember the phrase "I'm a journalist. I am just here taking pictures". Your name is on nothing, you will be fine.
4) Keep changing the name and locations of your collective's store front. Movement is the key here, if they can't find you, you can't pay them.
5) Take a page from Bill Clinton, when the lie gets too big...keep on going, you're in too deep to go back now.
6) Most important. Make sure you are scamming push overs and sick people. The weak must feed upon the weaker.

Follow these rules and you'll have mad bread to break up.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Alright, I went last night, "Timothy" was there, as I guess he is called by women in public. I am too nice to say much more, but at an initial glance he wasn't a guy I would get involved with.

Before I get too far into typing, I want to mention, I have never met this lawyer, I'd never even heard of him till last week, and I am in no way affiliated with CTI. For the $150.00 I spent, I figure it is worth it if I diseminate some information to fellow growers, which is why I am typing this.

So, Adam Mayo actually was pretty good, he is a ballsy fucker for coming up with this idea. And also very ballsy for standing up there in front of 60 people, a lot of whom were venting about no longer having enough patients. Some were downright angry, and he spent the first 30 minutes dealing with a bunch of skepticism. I'd guess 95% of the people in attendance were Caregivers. The only drawback with Mayo is he is very young, which normally wouldn't bother me, but with my ass on the line I'd like a representative who's been to court a few more times than, say, ME!

Anyway, the basic premise of the MPC (Medical Patient's Collective) is that a group of PATIENTS, not CAREGIVERS, can group togther and grow. No where in 1284 does it prohibit patients from doing a co-op, in fact there's not much mention at all in 1284 of patients, which kind of leads us back to Amendment 20 as far as Patient's Rights. So, patients are CONSTITUIONALLY ALLOWED TO GROW SIX PLANTS. It's in the State Constitution. 1284 only comes into play if the Medicine is being sold, and in a Collective, there is no SELLING, just GROWING. Oh, and CONSUMING! NO SELLING!

The model is similar to a Landlord / Tenant relationship. If you are a Landlord in Colorado, you can lease space to growers, and you aren't responsible for the plants. Same here. There is a group of patients, with one patient/organizer. No Caregivers! No one who is selling weed, or, at least in Adam Mayo's opinion, he can't defend you, everyone has to be just growing their own. The patient/organizer is the Landlord, or if he doesn't own the property, just has rented it, he'a the sub-landlord. The other patients are "Tenants...." So, the Landlord/Patient/Organizer has secured the space, handled the infrastrucutre, lights, fans, exhaust, or EVEN BETTER, the thing is outside. The Patients/Tenants all agree to compensate the Landlord/Patient for use of the space, either paying for a 10 x 15 space (as an example) for 6 big plants, or paying a fee per unit harvested, or some other creative way, kicking money to the Landlord at the end, or once a month, whatever has been worked out. Each patient/tenant must participate. They can't just sign up and come get some weed at the end, they have to actively particpate, water plants, tend the girls, or you are back to the Landlord Patient actually being a Caregiver. Of course plenty of advice will be shared by the landlord, and maybe even nutrients supplied, lighting, etc... even harvest help was discussed. Everything has to be well documented, all plants labeled with the owners name, tentant agreements on hand, in case the police stop by for a look-see.

So, pretty much that was the meat of the meeting. There were some forms and flow charts handed out, some other lit. and lots of questions.

I think ultimately, I would let someone else try it first! Adam Mayo admitted he'd gotten some negative feedback on his idea from some other MMJ Lawyers, but the base logic made sense to me. We'll have to see how Law Enforcememnt Acts... all I kept thinking was "Eddy Lepp got 10 years for his co-op.....!"
No THANKS!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Thanks for the update Bud! Yea timmy is at any MMJ related meeing he can be at hocking his scam, that's how he makes a living and he's gotta put food on the table!

I wouldn't try the co-op deal, it's too easy to consider a co-op owner a caregiver in court.

This could work with city owned property but good luck getting a city to agree to that!

T

TyKaycha

... Adam Mayo admitted he'd gotten some negative feedback on his idea from some other MMJ Lawyers, but the base logic made sense to me. ...

First Thanks! for going & posting. I wanted to go but had to work. Second of course the lawyers don't like it. Once the initial paperwork is set-up & filled out, they are basically out of the picture - no income for them.

Anyway still need to read everything you posted, as so far just skimmed it.

Again thanks for posting!

rep+

:character0050:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I wouldn't try the co-op deal, it's too easy to consider a co-op owner a caregiver in court.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but now with the DOR setting up the Marijuana Enforcement Division, couldn't Matt Cook just make all this go away by waving his magic wand if he and/or LEO aren't happy with this new idea?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but now with the DOR setting up the Marijuana Enforcement Division, couldn't Matt Cook just make all this go away by waving his magic wand if he and/or LEO aren't happy with this new idea?

No it would take a ruling by a judge, or a law by the state legislature, or a local ordinance. Matt Cook just enforces 1284, and the Patient Collective is not part of 1284.

The first sentence of 1284 says something like "This act shall regulate all activities relating to the growing AND sales of medical marijuana.." The key word is AND...... since there are no sales, just rental of space for growing, 1284 doesn't apply.

S

shotgunrider

Patient Collective

Thanks for posting the info on the Denver discussion. Is there anyone here in the Springs that is actually setting up something like this? I wouldn't mind being a member of a coop but I'm a little worried about being the guy that writes his name on the lease...

R

Rednick

Thanks for posting the info on the Denver discussion. Is there anyone here in the Springs that is actually setting up something like this? I wouldn't mind being a member of a coop but I'm a little worried about being the guy that writes his name on the lease...

My cooch is bloody too.

coloradochem

coloradochem

:anim_09:so is this a dead discussion? Is there neone thinking of this seriously?

sky high

sky high

I personally couldn't see how the economics would work in my area. By the time I rented a place and set it up/charged other patients for rent/etc. I think all that would be happening is that you would be driving the cost of meds through the roof trying to cover basic expenses..... in essence, setting yourself up for the same (ridiculous) $400 per z model that we already have via the "Centers".

Folks should drop their patients as soon as the State >formally fucks with/sets the new definition of "caregiver" but keep their count via >sharing< garden space as the law allows (or, doesn't prohibit I should say...LOL)

rock it, folks!

s h

cardrack111

cardrack111

bump

in wake of all the proposed caregiver bs...i am considering getting an edibles rec, or moving my patients to a "collective model".

all my plants would be in a recirc system..would i have to take pics of my patients helping with res changes? lol , or is their name next to their plants(very large trees) sufficient?

i understand i should consult an atty, but would like to get this discussion going.

i'd prefer an edibles rec..but want the best protection possible if they come knockin. i'm currently in an area that is a bit conservative..

sky high

sky high

FWIW, I paid for a private consult with the attorney who brought this up/carried out this seminar on Patient collectives....

he told me that even in (and especially in) a >patient collective< situation he would not recommend that anyone grow over 3/3. "It's a great way to get a Felony conviction" were his exact words.

If you did try a collective....you have to keep very good records....tag the plants for each patient..and if you can..make it appear that you are just renting space rather than doin it all. Could be stiiicky....I couldn't see a way to make it work and not fall into the same trap as the Center where you then gank your patients for $400 bags to be able to keep the model afloat. however, I live where property rentals are extremely high.... so maybe someone else could joggle the numbers and get it to work... dunno.

IMO, it's worthy of a couple hundred bucks to a good attorney to find out on yer own >>>IF<<< an edibles "rec" (whatever that is) will hold up in court/is truly what you need in court and if said attorney will go to trial with you on such a premise.

be safe

s h

S

SoCoMMJ

IMO, it's worthy of a couple hundred bucks to a good attorney to find out on yer own >>>IF<<< an edibles "rec" (whatever that is) will hold up in court/is truly what you need in court and if said attorney will go to trial with you on such a premise.

Technically, you don't even need an expanded [edibles] doctor's rec. There is language in Section 18 article 14 [AM20] that states you can grow and posses what you deem is medically necessary. However, this is only an affirmative defense and could require a court case to sort it out. And you had better be able to prove the need.

Quoted from our constitution:

(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and

(II) No more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

(b) For quantities of marijuana in excess of these amounts, a patient or his or her primary care-giver may raise as an affirmative defense to charges of violation of state law that such greater amounts were medically necessary to address the patient's debilitating medical condition.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
The guy (I can't even remember his name) was pretty specific that the operator had to either own or have a master lease for the property and each patient had to sublease their space and that space had to be clearly marked and the leases needed to be available for inspection and the patients had to tend thier own meds...... HB 1284 specifically prohibits Caregivers from Co-oping so you have to make sure you have everyone maintain their status as "Self-growing Patients."

Top Bottom