Plant Falling Over At Base

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Went outside to check on my girls and add some water and found my biggest girl leaning over on the tent wall.

Part of the issue is the roots are in a huge ball but are held up high. I ended up placing a soft roll of carpet tape under one of the bigger branches and its supporting it. Luckily all it needs is balance but I don't want to kill it by allowing it to continue to happen.

Has anyone delt with this and if so what was your solution was. Or does anyone have a suggestion?

I was thinking I could drill a small hole in the lip of my lid and tie it down on the opposite side.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Went outside to check on my girls and add some water and found my biggest girl leaning over on the tent wall.

Part of the issue is the roots are in a huge ball but are held up high. I ended up placing a soft roll of carpet tape under one of the bigger branches and its supporting it. Luckily all it needs is balance but I don't want to kill it by allowing it to continue to happen.

Has anyone delt with this and if so what was your solution was. Or does anyone have a suggestion?

I was thinking I could drill a small hole in the lip of my lid and tie it down on the opposite side.
Bamboo stakes bud... Something you do in veg or right at flip usually.

S

Shawnery

How exactly do I use bamboo stakes in hydro with hydroton?

I ended up drilling 2 holes on the little slits on each side of my lid and used zip ties to hold it straight up.

Side question, at what point are your roots to heavy to switch plants from one bucket to the other.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
How exactly do I use bamboo stakes in hydro with hydroton?

I ended up drilling 2 holes on the little slits on each side of my lid and used zip ties to hold it straight up.

Side question, at what point are your roots to heavy to switch plants from one bucket to the other.
Ya that might be rough but doable..people scrog with great success. it holds the plant in place well.

S

Shawnery

Nope, I ended up using zipties attached to the lid to support the plant.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I'd still brain storm for more support ideas maybe tying it up with rubery garden tie . Unless your satisfied.

S

Shawnery

I think the tree is fine but I may have issues with individual branches if they hopefully get big enough colas.

Ofcourse i will consider myself extremely lucky to be faced with that Dilemma.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I would try a scrog or riging something where you could tie the branches up when you do get into flower

H

heisen

Your gonna have to make a net man.been there done that and plants will fall over in those net pots unless your using like 8 inch pots in huge buckets.just make a PVC brace and run the net for support.once you hit flower it gets worse

H

heisen

I think the tree is fine but I may have issues with individual branches if they hopefully get big enough colas.

Ofcourse i will consider myself extremely lucky to be faced with that Dilemma.
Tie PVC to the corners of your tent and run a pipe across both sides.tie off some lines or a net about 20 inches up and it will support the plant and branches

S

Shawnery

I did a scrog my first grow but working on it with my bad back and space was a bitch.

I was wondering if creating a circle somehow to hold the branches in an 18 inch space. Then I was considering tieing string from the roof to the remaining branches in the circle but not supported by it. Sort of like the tomato growing contraption that people use.

There's just zero room to work in the tent now so I need to figure out something with the space I have available.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Use yoyos attach them at the top of your tent and and have them pull those heavier branches up.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Trellis net will work great with zipties and pipe cleaners ( wont hurt the plant at all).

S

Shawnery

Now that I think about it I won't be able to hang anything from the roof of the tent because of my lights. They're great for coverage but not so great for ceiling access. Unless I could hang them from my lights but the metal gets pretty hot.

20171231 162055

Latest posts

Top Bottom