Problem Or Harvest?

• Thread starter jazzstudio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jazzstudio

Hi folks,

I include pics of my plants. We are just going out of Summer and entering Autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere. The images are plants that were planted roughly three months ago (start summer - December) and were grown organically in a greenhouse.

My questions are:
1) These yellow leaves, are they indicating a problem, or is it simply that the plants are entering harvesting phase? Trichomes seem to be mostly milky, BUT a few amber showing up. Someone said to me it's a nitrate shortage/issue. They suggested epsom salts, then flush then back on nutes at half strength.

2) Someone else suggested PH levels...yet, as far as I can gather, when growing organically (microbes living in the soil, "feeding" the plants) PH is not supposed to be much of an issue, as PH helps plants absorb nutes, BUT, in organic grow the nutes are being fed to the plants by the microbes, notwithstanding the PH levels. Any comments/advice?

Problem or harvest
Problem or harvest 2
Monster762

Monster762

Hi folks,

I include pics of my plants. We are just going out of Summer and entering Autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere. The images are plants that were planted roughly three months ago (start summer - December) and were grown organically in a greenhouse.

My questions are:
1) These yellow leaves, are they indicating a problem, or is it simply that the plants are entering harvesting phase? Trichomes seem to be mostly milky, BUT a few amber showing up. Someone said to me it's a nitrate shortage/issue. They suggested epsom salts, then flush then back on nutes at half strength.

2) Someone else suggested PH levels...yet, as far as I can gather, when growing organically (microbes living in the soil, "feeding" the plants) PH is not supposed to be much of an issue, as PH helps plants absorb nutes, BUT, in organic grow the nutes are being fed to the plants by the microbes, notwithstanding the PH levels. Any comments/advice?
Those leaves no problem. Don’t push harvest. I think you got a bit. Are you looking at trichs on bud itself or small leaves coming from bud? Look at buds themselves. In multiple spots / different branches. I think you got some swelling still to come. And don’t add any nitrogen. Little epsom probably won’t hurt but p and k are focus now. Cut n out completely but slowly. I’d stick with regular flower feed. Your plant looks good. Lower leaves will drop. Seeing something off in upper or new growth is something more to worry about. Stick with what your doing. No foliars in flower unless absolutely necessary. Lower humidity better. Flush should just be clean water only for last 2 weeks. You should still keep ph testing stuff just to be sure of ph

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Yeah, you’re fine. @Monster762 gave you soild advice. Those leaves are just not necessary to the plant anymore and it’s pulling the reserves out. Probably due to the leaf not receiving enough light. Eventually the plant will just let them go and they fall off. If they bother you (they do me), just give a gentle tug. They’ll come right off.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Yeah that's normal...you could probably do a little thinning out to let some light into the plant. don't remove a lot, just open up some areas.
remove all that lower stuff and any dead plant matter. Looking good tho...

S

Snork420

Looking good man, I’m also in the sourthen hemisphere and I’m harvesting this month

Top Bottom