Question On Naming A New Strain.

• Thread starter ForrestGUMP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

ForrestGUMP

Ok so I've been growing a beautiful strain of Super Lemon Haze for a couple years now. Once in a while I see some nanners towards the end of flowering, and last year I found 2 seeds. I grew them both and am in the first week of flowering now. I took some clones in case it's good bud.

So I'm basically wondering if there's any certain way that I'm supposed to name these new seeds lol. Do I just make something up lol? So far I've come up with seed 1 and seed 2. I don't know too much about genetics or breeding but I do know that so far they seem different than their parent plant. A lot more bushy.

Thanks all!

Monster762

Monster762

I think if a plant was pollinated by itself or another of the same strain the strain name stays the same.

You need to cross with another strain.

Eventually I want to cross blueberry n green crack and the only name comes to my head is from movie American gangster when the dude chops frank shit all up n still calls it blue magic. Frank said he insist he change the name
dude said what do I call it ? Frank said he don't care call it blue dog doo but don't call it blue magic. So when I finally pollinate a gc with bb that's what it'll be called. Blue dog doo. I know I was little off the topic there but I been thinking about this cross and then I didn't get a male. But some day it'll happen.

F

ForrestGUMP

So u had a plant herm,harvested beans,and yur thinking new strain?was there a male around wen this happnd to pollinate it?
No there was no male. The plant pollinated itself.

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Is there something wrong with this picture I'm curious if it is pollinated by itself that be a feminized seed? Also correct me if I'm wrong, if it wasn't induced to produce male pollen that's kind of a no no due to tendencies to be a hermaphrodite.
We all know the whole Chemdog story so we don't need to go there.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Hermie seeds produce mostly.hermie offspring. With a few exceptions, like og glue (new name for gorilla glue 4 since gg conpany has kinda a lawsuit open)

F

ForrestGUMP

I'm not claiming this is true lol, but it's what I was told. From what I understand there was a difference between a hermie and a female that produces "nanners" late in flowering. I was told that a female with nanners is still genetically a true female. Again I'm not sure if this is true but it's what I was told.

The strain that produced the nanners has only ever given me 2 seeds.

I had this same thing happen in another room. Late into flowering a Larry OG Kush plant produced nanners and pollinated a few other strains. Each plant had a small handful of seeds. I grew one from each strain, they all turned out to be female and none of them hermied....unless you count one of them that produced "nanners" towards the end. Luckily I found no seeds on said batch.

I've also heard that some plants will throw out "nanners" but that they are sterile and will not produce seeds.

Could anybody touch on this? Is there a difference between hermies early in flowering (with ballsacs lol) and nanners at the end?

F

ForrestGUMP

I have 17 strains in my garden. I do NOT allow strains that are not genetically sound in my garden. Meaning if they throw a nanner any time from flip to harvest, it gets da booot!

Haha I'm usually the same way....but this SLH is so amazing in every way lol. Im not sure how many nanners they have thrown but since I've been growing it I've only found 2 seeds.

To be honest....sometimes the bud turns slightly purple and sometimes not so much. I was hoping by chance I would sprout a seed that would give me some purp haha

Top Bottom