Qwet

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I plan on using this extraction method and found very little info here on the forums.
From what I understand the first wash gets a much more pure/potent product that is almost clear because you leave the product in the freezing cold alcohol for such a short time and you dont squeeze the pulp.

Anyone have any links to some good reads on cold alcohol extraction?

Should I grind it up or is it better to use whole flowers for the first extraction?

Is it better to use live flowers or is it better to dry the flowers to crumbling b4 extracting?

Should you freeze the flowers or just the alcohol?

cannabeans

cannabeans

Those are some good questions...
In my experience...Everything as cold as you can get it. Ethanol and flowers.
I have used only dry flowers. Less chance of picking up the water that way. I have never ground my flowers. Again less chance of leaf particulate in end product, or less filtering.
@Graywolf is the person to ask though...
Hope that helps....

xavier7995

xavier7995

Sounds quite a bit like QWISO, just using alcohol as the solvent instead of isopropyl. GT21 is awesome at making that stuff so maybe check in. What I found was to freeze everything, including containers, overnight. I lightly break up the buds with the idea that more surface area is a good thing to pull out the thc as quickly as possible. Water is your enemy, so use dry buds and 90+% alcohol (everclear in this case).

Heres a good read on it: https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

Graywolf

Graywolf

I plan on using this extraction method and found very little info here on the forums.
From what I understand the first wash gets a much more pure/potent product that is almost clear because you leave the product in the freezing cold alcohol for such a short time and you dont squeeze the pulp.

Should I grind it up or is it better to use whole flowers for the first extraction?

Is it better to use live flowers or is it better to dry the flowers to crumbling b4 extracting?

Thanks Xa for the SPR link!

I would just break them by hand to 3/8 to 1/2" loose nugs, but minimize the number of broken cell walls exposed to the polar solvent.

For QWET I prefer to hang the plants until it reaches around 25% water content and then freeze it, the alcohol, and the strainer, so as to tie up the water, water soluble chlorophyll binding compounds, and thus the chlorophyll.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Thanks Xa for the SPR link!

I would just break them by hand to 3/8 to 1/2" loose nugs, but minimize the number of broken cell walls exposed to the polar solvent.

For QWET I prefer to hang the plants until it reaches around 25% water content and then freeze it, the alcohol, and the strainer, so as to tie up the water, water soluble chlorophyll binding compounds, and thus the chlorophyll.
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

When you say 25% water content, how do you gauge the water content?
I have always just went by the rh in the jar.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

You should read my iso/everclear thread...

Graywolf

Graywolf

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

When you say 25% water content, how do you gauge the water content?
I have always just went by the rh in the jar.
Originally we weighed a sample, desiccated it, and weighed it again, looking for the sweet spot, but typically just estimate it day to day. It is pretty close to the point where the small twigs snap, after hanging.

The purpose of holding on to some water, is to hold on to enough monoterpenes to retain the aroma and flavor of the original material, and to keep the material from being frangible and dusty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom