Reusing AC water on plants...

• Thread starter Animal Chin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

DC,I have talked to cannabis john about this and he says he would not recommend it due to contamination(this was from a minisplit if it makes a difference).I think over time the moisture grows mold/fungus in the lines or something like that.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
DC,I have talked to cannabis john about this and he says he would not recommend it due to contamination(this was from a minisplit if it makes a difference).I think over time the moisture grows mold/fungus in the lines or something like that.

Wrong answer...next :D

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I use it jus cuz i have it and every day i have 5 more GAls of it. I hit it with a lil H202 and i make sure to keep the tray where it gathers before it drains into my bucket clean and mold free.its ppm is less than 3ppm .Never had a problem. Only thing i can think of as a problem is when the metal rusts out, is it passing heavy metals? I will also use it to refill my evaporative cooler more often than not. But every now and again, it goes into feed water.
Confu.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I use it jus cuz i have it and every day i have 5 more GAls of it. I hit it with a lil H202 and i make sure to keep the tray where it gathers before it drains into my bucket clean and mold free.its ppm is less than 3ppm .Never had a problem. Only thing i can think of as a problem is when the metal rusts out, is it passing heavy metals? I will also use it to refill my evaporative cooler more often than not. But every now and again, it goes into feed water.
Confu.

I'm in the same situation with the 5 gallons a day that's why I was asking. Thanks for your input.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It's distilled water- the pH is almost irrelevant because there is almost zero mineral content to hold one.

There is a concern for heavy metals if the water is acidic, but that's unlikely inside. Also, don't use the water for the first month on a NEW unit, to give that stuff a chance to rinse off.

The concern about slime and gunk buildup is only valid if the water sits and stagnates. If it is drained back into your hydro setup right away, it won't get that chance, plus it is automatically refilling your op. After all, where did that water come from in the first place? Your plants, if you run the sealed room style. I run the water distilled from the growroom air immediately back into the RDWC. I can never overfill it unless I have a separate humidifier going, and since the room is well sealed, I never do.

sixstring

sixstring

my a/c water drains into a tank with my r/o and together they test at about 10ppm.i use at least 20 gals a day on my plants and at least half is a/c and dehuey water.ph is around 5.8 almost always

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
my a/c water drains into a tank with my r/o and together they test at about 10ppm.i use at least 20 gals a day on my plants and at least half is a/c and dehuey water.ph is around 5.8 almost always

I have a lot of dehuey water as well.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Do you guys run separate humidifiers? What are the temp and rh in your found? I'm curious where all this water is coming from.

ttystikk

ttystikk

My temp is 76 and my RH is around 50.

I run mine at 80F and 70-75% RH, with plenty of CO² until a couple weeks before chop. They feed heavy, at 1.7 EC and pH 5.8, but this is RDWC. The warmth revs up metabolism, the VPD corrected humidity encourages open stomata to pick up the augmented CO².

sixstring

sixstring

Do you guys run separate humidifiers? What are the temp and rh in your found? I'm curious where all this water is coming from.
I do run separate units,the dehuey runs all night to keep shit where I likes it.76f-78f and 35-45% rh.my dehuey will pump the water anywhere I need it so I have it plumbed to the holding tank for the r/o and the a/c drains there as well.i prolly only use 1/3 of my water as r/o the rest is from the atmosphere:)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I do run separate units,the dehuey runs all night to keep shit where I likes it.76f-78f and 35-45% rh.my dehuey will pump the water anywhere I need it so I have it plumbed to the holding tank for the r/o and the a/c drains there as well.i prolly only use 1/3 of my water as r/o the rest is from the atmosphere:)

I had asked if you run separate humidifiers, as opposed to dehuey. Now I understand what's with all the water... you're running half the RH I do. HALF.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I had asked if you run separate humidifiers, as opposed to dehuey. Now I understand what's with all the water... you're running half the RH I do. HALF.

I think most of us are aware of your growing style regarding VPD and humidity...there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm hoping this thread stays on topic because I'd love to hear from more people reclaiming the water. I'm trying to find out if anyone has had issues or if everyone just thinks it will or have heard it might lead to problems.

:)

Top Bottom