Room Sterilization

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I've battled 2 spot mites and powdery mildew. All hateful.
I've upped my arsenal a LOT now to respond.

That said, I want to sterilize this large room/garage setup. I have DR DOOM bombs as well as a sulfur burner. Also I was considering a light bleach solution through an atomizer.

Recommendations?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Also should I keep the plants in while I sterilize, at least for bug bombs and sulfur?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hey boss, haven't seen you around for a minute, hope all is well despite the problems at hand.

Where are the plants in the garage at? Sounds like veg if you're considering the sulfur and bug bombs.

Are you running air exchange or are you sealed up and running and a/c? Reason I ask is since I started using a mini split in one of my rooms I noticed gnarly rh spikes after the lights turn out and the a/c is running less therefore dehumidifying less. Perfect circumstances for pm. Started running a dehuey on a timer to kick in when the lights turn off with a drain hose so I don't forget to empty the sumbitch. Bonus from this is the heat from the dehuey causes the a/c to cycle on, drying out the room even more, and helping to maintain my 50% lights off goal.

That being said, when I was getting pm a lot I figured out that it only grows within a ph range close to neutral, so I ph'd a gallon of water in a spray bottle up to 9-10 and hit the effected areas, it kept things at bay enough to get to harvest, though I can't speak on its efficacy when treating a well-established issue. Also, I found that, like anything else, some strains got it way worse than others.

As for the mites, I'm sure you have a routine down to get rid of them, if not I can share mine. I know i stopped seeing them once i got my lights on humidity in check (60-70% until the last few weeks of flower). Mites breed like crazy when it is hot and dry.

I've no experience with burning sulfur, though I beleive it's a no-no during flower. Also, it'll fuck up the sensors on environmental and co2 controllers if they're not removed before the burn.

Bleach is a staple in my Arsenal, never on the plants, but I clean everything with a 10% solution and fog all surfaces, nooks, and crannys with it using a paint sprayer.

Apologies for not directly speaking to your plan, but ime I found that if the same pathogens keep cropping up despite my continual curative efforts, then the root of them is usually environmental/cultural.

outnin

outnin

why not just use plastic sheeting to create a clean space just coat all walls and ceiling.
as for mites? hotshot no pest strips kill em dead quicker than shit and are safe to use.

Hotshot
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Sorry, but the above is not "safe" to use. Hang out in a room with one of those in it and reply back in 2 hrs. You'll be typing (if your still alive) like this, kfjie ndhueu jdjjenjd jdjjenjd

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's safe to use in an empty space. Just be sure to ventilate afterwards. It's not necessarily my first go-to, but as long as you're not hanging out in the room it'll be ok.
I've battled 2 spot mites and powdery mildew. All hateful.
I've upped my arsenal a LOT now to respond.

That said, I want to sterilize this large room/garage setup. I have DR DOOM bombs as well as a sulfur burner. Also I was considering a light bleach solution through an atomizer.

Recommendations?
Add isopropyl alcohol (lower percentage, not higher) to that mix. I see someone else has hit you with that.

If you think viruses are present, look into milk washes.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

This building is a standalone garage away from main building. I MUST kick the sh1t outta the Borg and PM .... as I've lost way too much to them. DONE PLAYIN'

Hardcore Henry - *thank you* brother. Great instructions. Love your plan. You're thorough.

@outnin ... those are supposedly quite effective but not so safe. They wreck bugs from all I've read though.

@DemonTrich .... its a separate building, a garage with a main grow area and a separate tent on one floor, with open windows on top floor and a drop down stairs between I leave open for ventilation. But yeah. HotShots work but scare me.

Are there other bugbombs you guys recommend? Dr Doom doesn't sound that strong anyway .... there are more potent foggers out there ? Also mildew foggers?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Also, would ozone be useful to run between rounds to help sterilize the room?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would tell you to ask ken dog but for some reason he's been banned.

Freshone

Freshone

Kendog was banned for disagreeing with logic in the Monsanto thread sea.
Funk sometimes the best answer is to empty the room,clean everything,do any updates you've been wanting to do and treat everything piece by piece as you go if it is a recurring problem.Its gonna cost you a run or part of one to do it that way but it usually solves the problem and renews your confidence.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

This is how i ever really sterilized any grow room with plants in it organic or non
Step one pending on amount of plants purchase bug be gone its environmentally safe . make a batch 10 - 20 - 50 gallon again pending on size of plants ..
You want to tip plants over and dunk them right up to soil

Once mixed place your hand on soil stem between your fingers carefully tip plant over making sure you dont lose it lol
now dunk plant into drum or what ever you made 2 mins per plant moving them up n down.
Once done you will want to spray top soil and all around pots and undersides then move plants into a different room , once plants are all done . Its time to take down your lights wash with bleach reflectors cords and even ballasts, intake fans and exhaust fans same thing take apart and clean thoroughly, Normal fans same thing applies take apart and clean with bleach blades and all
Then if you got mylar film its time to tear that all out and throw in the garbage , once that is all done.
Wash walls ceiling and floors with bleach , use a sprayer to get into corners once dried replace film on walls and start building your room all over
Once she is all together i like to use some of the pesticide in spray can and spray around the corner walls
turn on exhaust fans for 2 - 3 hrs changing out room air and your good to go

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Kendog was banned for disagreeing with logic in the Monsanto thread sea.
Funk sometimes the best answer is to empty the room,clean everything,do any updates you've been wanting to do and treat everything piece by piece as you go if it is a recurring problem.Its gonna cost you a run or part of one to do it that way but it usually solves the problem and renews your confidence.
Excellent advice. Couldn't agree more. I am in between rounds so I'm trying to schedule better.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Instead of getting bug bombs. Try one of these.
View attachment 625281
A electric paint sprayer from Harbor Freight. $20 and it works like a atomizer kinda.
Green Cure for the PM. Forbid, Avid, Floramite, Conserve SC.
Do a weekly rotation of each and you should be like Irish Spring clean as a whistle for bugs and PM.
Thanks as always. I got a battery powered and hand pump sprayers but plug in for 20 bucks is a stone cold deal.

Top Bottom