Room Sterilization

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Kendog was banned for disagreeing with logic in the Monsanto thread.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
71 20old 20guy 20says 20boooo medium

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

This is how i ever really sterilized any grow room with plants in it organic or non
Step one pending on amount of plants purchase bug be gone its environmentally safe . make a batch 10 - 20 - 50 gallon again pending on size of plants ..
You want to tip plants over and dunk them right up to soil

Once mixed place your hand on soil stem between your fingers carefully tip plant over making sure you dont lose it lol
now dunk plant into drum or what ever you made 2 mins per plant moving them up n down.
Once done you will want to spray top soil and all around pots and undersides then move plants into a different room , once plants are all done . Its time to take down your lights wash with bleach reflectors cords and even ballasts, intake fans and exhaust fans same thing take apart and clean thoroughly, Normal fans same thing applies take apart and clean with bleach blades and all
Then if you got mylar film its time to tear that all out and throw in the garbage , once that is all done.
Wash walls ceiling and floors with bleach , use a sprayer to get into corners once dried replace film on walls and start building your room all over
Once she is all together i like to use some of the pesticide in spray can and spray around the corner walls
turn on exhaust fans for 2 - 3 hrs changing out room air and your good to go
www.ortho.com/smg/goprod/ortho-bug-b-gon-insect-killer-for-lawns/prod180004

^^ this?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Paint sprayers are great, I've been using one for the better part of a year, never going back to hand pumps.
I looked at a Wagner series like yours, but a lower end version. The online reviews weren't great, but then again it was the 70 not the 90 you have. Also it wasn't being used for tea, foliar, pesticide. :D

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Exactly, we're not looking for how well they spread paint;)

A buddy of mine has the one smokey mentioned and it works just fine for him. For what I spent on the Wagner you could get 3 of the harbor freight ones and still have $100 left over. Hindsight is 20/20

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Exactly, we're not looking for how well they spread paint;)

A buddy of mine has the one smokey mentioned and it works just fine for him. For what I spent on the Wagner you could get 3 of the harbor freight ones and still have $100 left over. Hindsight is 20/20
Perhaps, but yours isnt Chinese knockoff, either. No regrets. I just have a funny rule where when I spend a hundo, I always research. Totally arbitrary. But you've gotten well over the value back on what you spent. Many times over Im sure.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Cooking rooms has always worked for me...being able to get the temp up to 125 for a few hours does wonders especially with good air circulation.
NICE. Conaidering that, sulfur, bug bombs, bug spraying, cloth+gravel burying vegetation next to minisplit intake... all after super duper cleaning and organizing the main bloom space.

Also taking out panda film on floor. Concrete already a neutral gray color and dead leaves and probably nasty shit hides in land film folds.

How do you get your temps up? Space heater?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

NICE. Conaidering that, sulfur, bug bombs, bug spraying, cloth+gravel burying vegetation next to minisplit intake... all after super duper cleaning and organizing the main bloom space.

Also taking out panda film on floor. Concrete already a neutral gray color and dead leaves and probably nasty shit hides in land film folds.

How do you get your temps up? Space heater?

Cut the A/C and keep the lights on, I have a co2 burner which I crank to max too, that thing is basically a furnace box anyways. But yeah, a really big outdoor space heater does the trick, too. Just make sure you're not in danger of burning down your space.

Take out panda film and put down a layer of anti-microbial paint on the wall for sure. Sulphur burning will prevent PM but not much else, bug bombs are fairly nasty as the aerosolized petroleum distillates found in most bombs can leave residues as well as very long-term residual pesticides. Instead of a bomb I would definitely go with an H202 spray...I go a little overboard and mix to 7% dilution (1 quart of 35% strength per 2 gallons) and haven't had any problems with bleaching or ruining equipment - but it's definitely still strong enough to burn your skin.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Instead of getting bug bombs. Try one of these.
View attachment 625281
A electric paint sprayer from Harbor Freight. $20 and it works like a atomizer kinda.
Green Cure for the PM. Forbid, Avid, Floramite, Conserve SC.
Do a weekly rotation of each and you should be like Irish Spring clean as a whistle for bugs and PM.
Grabbed one! HF had them an aisle over from all the airbrushes, so it took me a minute. Weird stores. They always reek like a tile shop, have bad music, and random shit like cowbells. But useful for certain things. Found cheap sump pumps too.
This sprayer will be mighty useful. Much thanks, as always, Smokey!

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Update: in addition to the sprayer, also got a lot of cement caulk, different sizes of Great Stuff, and a good ShopVac.
Pulling out the panda film, we found a stash of dead leaves, coco, dust, debris. Caught a spider mite running across the floor in the veg tent, so he got a free ride into Mr ShopVac, which also has the upgraded micron HEPA filter.
As appalled as I was at the freshly uncovered filth and visible pest arachnid, I later found a female black widow. She also got a free ride courtesy of Mr ShopVac

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Tomorrow = fill cracks, seams, joints in building with various foams and caulks. Gotta SEAL that mofo so bugs and shit can't keep getting in so easily.

N

Nickracer9

I would start from new seed to get the pm out of the equation. It's in your mother plant and will always come out no matter what you do. Make sure you have nice airflow and air exchange in the room when lights are on. Add silica to your grow if you're not already and this will boost your plants resistance to pm and bugs penetrating its tissue. I've had pm before and I didn't have to go too crazy with cleaning to eliminate it. For mites green cleaner works well. Just spray everything you can in the room and that will take care of most all the mites and eggs. Weekly applications after that. Your typical hand pump sprayer works okay but you will miss a leave or two and they will come back. Get a commercial atomizer sprayer and go to town with it. Prob my best weapon against mites! Hope this helps!

velocity

velocity

I had a tray of cuts and they had eggs all over the underside of the leaves. I looked all I had on hand was 35% miathilon ( may of typo'd it) mixed 1/8th of a tsp to 6 oz of water. Only sprayer in the house was the ol ladys water sprayer bottle.

I misted maybe a half ounce on all top and bottom of all in the tray.Added 1/4 ounce of dilution to the clone tray itself so it would be drawn into the jiffy plugs. Tray had like 6 oz of water laying in it

It dropped the mites. Waited 4 days no activity waited 6 days reapplied just to be sure. Be carefull get nuts and go from beyound pissy girls for a day to some very nasty PMS'ing raging girls for 3 or 4 days. Fox Farms boomerang 4ml/gal of water does help them bounce back faster

Only reason I used it is that you can spray today eat tommorow if its vegtables, and its used alot in ornamental applications...If spray your yard right before dusk it will hammer skeeters,fleas and ticks. Reapply every 2 weeks.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectracide-32-fl-oz-Malathion-Concentrate-HG-30900-2/203539937

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom