Run Off Issues

• Thread starter DrOctogon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Definitely magnesium definciency.yellowing between the veins.make sure your adding enough
And the ph is high enough to absorb mag.after you correct check the new growth to make sure fixed.most of that yellowing and damage to the leaves is permanent.that by itself wont indicate if the problem is solved.check the new leaves coming out

H

heisen

I would flush them plants till the ppm gets down to about 1300 and on the last flush add 5 ML of calmag per gallon to the mix and run that in there.
I'm not sure what the ph range for promix is you would need to look that up but I would think around 5.9 to 6.1 would be good to get the mag in them plants.magnesium moves slow through the plant.

D

DrOctogon

I would flush them plants till the ppm gets down to about 1300 and on the last flush add 5 ML of calmag per gallon to the mix and run that in there.
I'm not sure what the ph range for promix is you would need to look that up but I would think around 5.9 to 6.1 would be good to get the mag in them plants.magnesium moves slow through the plant.

At this ppm level, I’d think it would take a while before it would go down. Last crop I was noticing the same thing and ppm was at that level. Luckily it was late in flower so I was close to flush at that point. But it took me 9 days flushing at over 11gallons a piece but I got the ppm to under 300.

Last feed was
250ml calmag
775 A & B
Forgot the C4 level
55gal drum

H

heisen

Normally 4 to 5 times the amount the container size can bring them down.5 gallon pot would take 20 gallons.2 gallon would take 10.i wouldn't bring down to 300's just bring down to around 1100.and last flush use calmag in the mix.let them adjust and do a good watering when they dry out in a few days.i think that will straighten them out.make sure you ph the water during the flush to get it right

chemistry

chemistry

I would flush with 700ppm nuits with calmag added, thing that I find is that the higher the PPM's, the lower the PH crashes, unless your nuits have some sort of PH balance added, then you will get a calmag def.

H

heisen

I would flush with 700ppm nuits with calmag added, thing that I find is that the higher the PPM's, the lower the PH crashes, unless your nuits have some sort of PH balance added, then you will get a calmag def.
Why flush with nutes when the PPM is already at 3000.The plants are locked out.He needs to flush them with 4 times the volume of the pots and on the last gallon add 5 ML of calmag.The plants need to recuperate from an acidic and salty root zone.flushing with nutes will just be throwing money away since hes trying to bring the PPM down.I would flush out each plant till you start getting ppm readings of around 900 and than add the calmag in and give them a break.

Polar510

Polar510

Doesn't Plain water throw the Cation exchange Off?
When I want to fix My medium I flush with calmag and let it ride a day or 2 @ 350-400ppms.
It lets the plant take up some nutrients and water easier IMO , kind of eases it out of the lockout.
Then I will introduce nutes at around 550-600 ppms and work My way back up until plants are healthy again.
We are talking coco right? LOL

chemistry

chemistry

Why flush with nutes when the PPM is already at 3000.The plants are locked out.He needs to flush them with 4 times the volume of the pots and on the last gallon add 5 ML of calmag.The plants need to recuperate from an acidic and salty root zone.flushing with nutes will just be throwing money away since hes trying to bring the PPM down.I would flush out each plant till you start getting ppm readings of around 900 and than add the calmag in and give them a break.

I like to flush with fresh nuits, to flush out the stagnant, and the PPM's wont go any higher, your flushing out, not in. I find that if I flush with only water I have a lot of issues with defs to sort out after, If I flush with fresh nuits I don't.

H

heisen

I like to flush with fresh nuits, to flush out the stagnant, and the PPM's wont go any higher, your flushing out, not in. I find that if I flush with only water I have a lot of issues with defs to sort out after, If I flush with fresh nuits I don't.
Yeah but running more than one gallon your just running money through the pot.
And fresh nutes is a relative turn,Its all NPK down on a molecular level unless your dumping ground up fish guts in there and leaving it.a 3 gallon flush per plant will get expensive mixing for each flush for each plant.
I personally never flush nothing but never run into problems like this.Flushing is for toilets.But due to his sutuation if he doesnt get the excess salts out of the pro mix and get the PH back up the plants are going to go downhill pretty quick,

D

DrOctogon

Just a quick reminder. I’m in 20 gallon pots. Lol. Don’t really have 400 gallons of water to flush.

Bites are Mills

Today I did a flush with little bites and 8 gallons per pot. Runoff was about 20%
Ph was - 5.1
Ppm was still over 3k
50ml - A
50 ml - B

Veg:
Did a plain RO flush yesterday. New growth looks healthy but wondering because plants are so big that they are wanting more nutes. I’ve only gotten up to 900ppm on those.

D

DrOctogon

Yeah but running more than one gallon your just running money through the pot.
And fresh nutes is a relative turn,Its all NPK down on a molecular level unless your dumping ground up fish guts in there and leaving it.a 3 gallon flush per plant will get expensive mixing for each flush for each plant.
I personally never flush nothing but never run into problems like this.Flushing is for toilets.But due to his sutuation if he doesnt get the excess salts out of the pro mix and get the PH back up the plants are going to go downhill pretty quick,

Just did a flush with calmag at 5ml per gallon in 55 gallons drums.
Ph- 5.2
Ppm- 1830
I’ve only fed these plants 1000ppm twice. No clue why Ppm is so high. Could i not be giving enough water for feeds to get adaquit run off to not have build up?

H

heisen

Yes I would shoot for around 15 percent runoff on each waterings

H

heisen

The calmag is gonna add around 400 ppm st 5ml per gallon.i wouldnt put it in till the last one runs through as your trying to flush out the salts.Also are you adjusting the ph in the water?

D

DrOctogon

The calmag is gonna add around 400 ppm st 5ml per gallon.i wouldnt put it in till the last one runs through as your trying to flush out the salts.Also are you adjusting the ph in the water?

Yeah I’ve been keeping ph at 6.5-6.8 to try to raise it from the 5’s

D

DrOctogon

Just confused as to how the ppm raised so high with the little feeds I’ve been giving them. That’s why I was wondering about the no run off with feeding. Wondering if it’s just accumulating without run off. Loosing my mind. Never had a veg look this bad going into flower.

H

heisen

Just confused as to how the ppm raised so high with the little feeds I’ve been giving them. That’s why I was wondering about the no run off with feeding. Wondering if it’s just accumulating without run off. Loosing my mind. Never had a veg look this bad going into flower.
Yeah i think a little runoff is important to remove some of the salt buildups in the pots,Whats your humidity been in the room with lights on?

Top Bottom