Should I Switch Light Schedule?

• Thread starter ems3w5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Your plants need rest, cut the light to 18 on 6 off, do this now while it's a seedling, and you wont get more weed running 24 7, just a higher light bill. SNOLEPERD

ems3w5

ems3w5

I've switched to 18/6 a while ago. What's funny is that when I had my led on 24/7 the light bill was really cheap, and still is.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I grow indoor as well. Just really feel plants enjoy the rest period Indoor or out. Just a waste of money as well imo.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I've switched to 18/6 a while ago. What's funny is that when I had my led on 24/7 the light bill was really cheap, and still is.
Of course it is led lights use much less energy than a metal halide, I switched to led from metal halide a lot less heat, less energy but I still like metal halide i think your plants grow faster with MH, but the advantage of less heat, less mony, pushed me to led, even though i think a plant may grow faster under MH, once your plant gets going and if you have a half way decent led light in the end the loss of so much heat makes switching over from MH to LED an advantage your friend. SNOLEPERD

D

DrDankPHD

I don't have time to search for answers, so I will just ask the question now. This is my first grow, and I have a decent set up, I think? From searching the web and knowledgeable friends, I have adjusted my light height a few times. And adjusted the watering schedule afew times. My next move would probably be to switch the light schedule but I'm not sure if it's the right time. Right now it's been on 24/0, and I'm wondering if I should go to 18/6 for more growth. This picture is of day 13. Should I wait longer or switch light and watering schedule?

Looks like baby. Is this led grow. Got that tint to it. How many days in veg is this?

What led model. What whats? what height? From canopy or leaves.

dan1989

dan1989

Know this is a little old, but you can tell it's from seed because of the symmetrical nodes :P

D

DrDankPHD

Know this is a little old, but you can tell it's from seed because of the symmetrical nodes :p

I am looking at it on smart phone. So didn't really look to closely.

Yeah could be stunted by your led. Or other factors.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Friend, you cannot keep switching your light cycle, expesiley if you are growing a photoperid plant, I go by the bible, the marijuana growers bible, and they suggest an 18 on 6 off light cycle max for a photoperid plant in an indoor grow, you cant keep messing with your light cycle anybody will know or should know that the only time you change your light cycle is when you cut to 12/12 to flower your plant, your plant needs!!!!! A Period Of Rest And Darkness!!!!!!!!!!!°°. SNOLEPERD

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

I don't have time to search for answers, so I will just ask the question now. This is my first grow, and I have a decent set up, I think? From searching the web and knowledgeable friends, I have adjusted my light height a few times. And adjusted the watering schedule afew times. My next move would probably be to switch the light schedule but I'm not sure if it's the right time. Right now it's been on 24/0, and I'm wondering if I should go to 18/6 for more growth. This picture is of day 13. Should I wait longer or switch light and watering schedule?
I switched mine to 18/6 when they was a week from putting seed in Pete pellets hope this helps I was in soil tho

Toaster79

Toaster79

I don't have time to search for answers,

How are you planing to grow if you don't have time to search for answers? Do you expect to be spoonfed every time a question turns up in your head?

Start reading and start doing research on your own. If you run into trouble and don't find and answer to your question (which is almost impossible around here) I'm sure everybody will be reaching their hands out. But until then, do your homework.

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

You know mother nature throws wrenches in even an outdoor environments lighting intensity and duration. I suppose I'm bad because I've flowered whole grow running 13 on 11 off.

Top Bottom