Should I Switch Light Schedule?

• Thread starter ems3w5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

People do that often to bring flowering times down to some degree.
Doesn't change flowering time length just allows for more photosynthesis to take place during that extra hour of light.

D

DrDankPHD

Yeah I know it had awhile for flipping. Just wondering if giving it a bit of shut eye would help with any growth, not flowering.
But it's from a seed.

I think 24 hrs or 16/4 personal preference.
Honestly for veg in Tent. Just keep it simple. I would leave 24. That's cause most cheap timers suck ass.

I think this being your first grow u made it a little more difficult with led. How many watt is the led? What kind etc.

How far is the light.

If this was my first grow I would just got a tent got 150w HPS. And get lux meter take light reading every couple of days.

Grow in fox farms soil. Then move on to coco or Rockwool. Then rwdc.

I think u need some basics. Like
Humidity monitor and temp monitor.

Ph meter
Ppm or ec meter

I think leaving it 24 it's easier to control humidity and temperatures.

Obviously I grossly over simplifying.

When u get a couple grows under your belt then do 16/4.

There a blog GWE. I don't know if I can mention the full name on the forum, that
Basically answers these basic questions.

IMO newbie using led is a disaster waiting to happen. I use led Cobbs, cmh, HPS.

There all these cheap amazon led out. Not really liking them. Who know what the real watts are on those.

bdank

bdank

You need to gradually introduced the HID. Like. Dim it and raise it slow get it used to light for a week or 2.
I meant for vegging.. I veg under 12/12 hid and keep overhead t8s on 24s so they don't go in flower

D

DrDankPHD

I meant for vegging.. I veg under 12/12 hid and keep overhead t8s on 24s so they don't go in flower

You mean u use hid 600w for 12 hrs? Then use t8 to save power or something?

I don't really do that. You need to explain your setup more etc. how many tables plants.

Is this a tenT?

I like veg with HPS or MH. MH preferred.
I like this raising t8 as plants grow is pain in the ass.

I like clean tents. So I just keep HPS at higher distance. No need to play with distance daily.

I would do the 16 4 with hps since u got timer already.

Cheap timer are failure point. So thats why I just leave 24.

I going to build a rock solid timer. Just haven't had time to do it.

thosedamnkids

thosedamnkids

18/6 and before you switch to 12/0 For flower let them sit in darkness for full 24

ems3w5

ems3w5

How are you planing to grow if you don't have time to search for answers? Do you expect to be spoonfed every time a question turns up in your head?

Start reading and start doing research on your own. If you run into trouble and don't find and answer to your question (which is almost impossible around here) I'm sure everybody will be reaching their hands out. But until then, do your homework.

Yes sir!!!! Right away!

Top Bottom