Sixstrings Led Cob Builds

• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Thanks, I will try not to ask too many questions.
Its no problem bro,keeps the thread moving.
how many watts is that??
In that part of my grow im up to about 2200w of cobs now.same space used to have 5000w of hps.when im done with this side it will be around 2800w maybe 3000w so im already saving a shitload of power and a/c usage :)

Freshone

Freshone

Its no problem bro,keeps the thread moving.

In that part of my grow im up to about 2200w of cobs now.same space used to have 5000w of hps.when im done with this side it will be around 2800w maybe 3000w so im already saving a shitload of power and a/c usage :)
What size space did you replace the 5000 Hps for 3000 led in? and what was the cost to build them?3000 so what is that like 60 cobs?thanks six

sixstring

sixstring

well its not 3000w yet but yeah it will be about 60 to 65 cobs when its done depending how i drive the last few bars.costs for cree cobs and meanwell drivers with the round heatsinks runs about 1.50 to 1.60 per watt again depending how you drive them. i spend about 1500.00 on new lamps 2 x a year so theres one thing i wont be doing anymore lol.but you can build cheaper using cheaper cobs and driving harder your cost per watt will go down.i built most of these bars @ 1050 ma for efficiency,and i have a few bars running 1400ma and one set up @ 75w per cob.

sixstring

sixstring

Here ya go @stonestacker ,mud didnt show up till 11am but we got er down :)
20161130 183618 1

I should be feeling about 80 years old tomorrow morning lol

sixstring

sixstring

Put up another bar and shuffled some stuff around. Plus i got rid of another 600w hps :) the new bar has the new sstx square heat sinks from ngl,i shoulda pushed em harder.i have those cobs running at 63w each and these puppies are cool as a cucumber.
20161202 231217new sstx hs
20161202 231135sstx hs
20161202 231033 1led side

sixstring

sixstring

six ....

does one of your buddies run a machine shop ? if not, what are you paying for the cutting and sheets of metal. are you collecting the scrap ?
i cant let the cat out of the bag just yet lol.but those flat bars i had cut for me at Alro mfg in ann arbor,but it was not cheap so i decided to get a plasma cutter.the new bars might be on display here this weekend,i had to send them out to have bends put on them for strength.as long as this is taking i shoulda paid the 6k and got my own bender to lol.but because the new design is 8th in plate i cant just use a harbor freight bender on them haha.but yeah the scrap is getting used for driver straps and connecting bars to attach multiple bars together. so with this cad program im using theres only about 1 to 2 pounds of scrap per 4 x 8 sheet of aluminum :cool:

H

HugzAndNuggz

not to side track you from your forum but its nice to see other michiganders rocking it out... funny i work at a grow shop here in genessee and we honestly dont get many people coming in about led's yet..

sixstring

sixstring

not to side track you from your forum but its nice to see other michiganders rocking it out... funny i work at a grow shop here in genessee and we honestly dont get many people coming in about led's yet..

No problem, i dont get too anal about people shootin the shit in here unless someone goes off for 4 pages about some stupid shit like how their cat shit in their pot plant lol. Anyhow i think in anothet couple years we will see a major shift to using led tech because every time we build another big hid grow op we tax our power grid a lil more.i read a while back i think maybe in Colorado they were talking about limiting or banning hps lamps because of the environmentalimpact it has both with lamp production and disposal plus the power draw.im ready if and when it happens

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

24' x 32' x 10'h insulation is going to be blown in poly,R40 walls and R60 ceilings, after i wire the piss out of it lol.i'll take lots of pics bro :woot:

Wouldn't it be cheaper (and easier) to buy 4 x 8 sheets of foam board from Lowes/HD?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
sixstring

sixstring

Are one of the cobs loose on the left of the last pic or do you have them where they have adjustable angles?
No i made that fixture a lil different and its 4 x cree @ 75w each and they swivel because of how i mounted them.so i had those 2 cobs so close together with how i mounted the last bar so I just adjusted those other cobs a lil

Top Bottom