Mk is 42 days in the pics under the 35w setups
20161209 212748
20161209 212734
20161209 212711

This one is a week behind i think
20161209 213117

Some chem soda cookies from jaws,fruity bish
20161209 212827

And some of my rr6 needs to get chopped soon :)
20161209 212913

keiksweat

keiksweat

I just have the one 1200w cob, its the full spectrum pink kind with ir and uv. I was thinking I could get about 6 or 8 cobs like you have and surround my current cob with them to get a uniform light spread. The 1200 watt(6x200 watt cobs) just barely covers the 4x8 and I dont get the huge colas like I want, thats why I was considering hps.
mate that panel should only be doing a 4x4 spread.you need 2 for that tent.why don't you push it to the one end.then get a cob kit,build a diy light for a 4x4 area.do a comparison grow.then ,when the cobs kick the panels arse,ebay the panel.buy more cobs.lol.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
ok now i got a better idea of what your trying to do.i think i would suggest you build or buy 2 bars of 4 or 5 and mount them on each end of your tent with your panel in the center.so theres lots of ways to build these but i like the 2 main types of drivers which is 1050ma and 1400 ma.once you get above 1400ma with cree chips your losing some effeciency and as i have said my 35 w cobs do an awesome job on 5 foor tall plants so i dont see a need to go past 50w on these.plus when you drive them soft you have alot less heat coming from them and they should in theory last forever.that cobkits site has some decent prices for diy and so does northerngrowlights.com.personally i like the cree chips with ngl 120mm heatsinks driven with meanwell 1050ma.but you can use this driver to run 4 cree 36v and get 50w each from the cobs and still be safe on the 120mm heatsink for passive cooling.here the driver for that http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...reId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=2189345&
heatsinks here https://cobkits.com/product/120-mm-passive-pin-fin-heatsink/
cree chips here. i picked the 3000k because i like them but i also like the 2700k chips as much lol.
Whats the difference in the 80 and 90 cri besides the price?

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

CRI is a measure of how closely the light projects a visible color spectrum nearest the sun. Do colors under this light appear as they would in a well lit outdoor area? The higher the CRI, the broader the spectrum and intensity of the light. The relationship between this rating and its effect on cultivation?... no fucking clue but I figured spend the extra couple bucks a cob and get the 90's. Right?

sixstring

sixstring

more reds color wise and less lumens because of the enhanced spectrum.i like the 80cri

@sixstring
Would two of these one on each end of my tent work, and is this a good deal?
yes and those are not bad price wise if you dont mind active cooling
Looking sweet as always Six, hope you're keeping well.
what it be brosef,where in the hells ya been hiding this time lol ? snowing hard here now,bout to get a decent amount maybe 8 or 9 inches

SpiderK

SpiderK

Oreon Grow Light 2.1

Lemnis Oreon produces and develops very efficient and sustainable LED fixtures, especially for the greenhouse horticultural industry. The unique water-cooled concept ensures the LED’s and electronics are continuously cooled, irrespective of the ambient temperature in the greenhouse. This allows the lamp to always enjoy optimal performance, whilst also extending the life of the components. Plus the lamp housing is made from top quality and robust materials, which also results in a very long life.

The main reasons for using a greenhouse are the maximum use of daylight and a controlled environment. The plant’s growth capacity is extended when this is combined with artificial lighting. The Oreon Grow Light 2.1 is the smartest solution for this purpose; the fixtures are compact and can be secured to the trellis, resulting in a minimal shading effect. The water cooling ensures the growers have complete control over the climate and the growth strategy inside the greenhouse. Lemnis Oreon’s LED fixtures result in plenty of efficient light, without heating up the greenhouse. This is the first time the amount of light and the temperature in the greenhouse are completely independent of each other. This ultimately results in a reduced need for ventilation during lighting, resulting in improved CO2 values. The direct result is a top quality yield at lower running costs.

Various studies have shown that the plants’ degree of assimilation is dependent on the wavelength within the PAR spectrum. As proven by our past experiences, described in the literature, red light (600nm) combined with blue light (450nm) is most effective as a supplement to sunlight. The Oreon Grow Light 2.1 is available in various different quantities of blue in the spectrum, making sure the fixtures are suitable for different types of crops. The high light output and the specially developed lens have resulted in one fixture being sufficient for evenly lighting a very large area.

sixstring

sixstring

Six you still think 1 cob per sq ft over your growing area?It seems like you are running less or is their still alot of Hps in there too?
yeah im still pretty close to 1 cob per sq foot.but yes i still have 1 gavita left on that side but its almost not needed now.3 more bars or 12 to 15 cobs will finish out this side of my shop.if i had more time i would be building bars for the other side as well ,but it will happen soon.
@SpiderK that fixture kinda looks like a heliospectra https://www.heliospectra.com/led_grow_light_products

SpiderK

SpiderK

that looks really nice also six.

he's growing orchids but looking into food production in the u.s.a some day. but the orchid thing is going really good and he just landed a few patents for u.s dealers so they can add die's into white orchids and turn them different colors .....

so he's prob not changing jobs soon, lol'. this is a pic from his greenhouse i took...
Orchid new 4

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

damn,your boy is on a whole different level man.prob laugh his ass off reading how we all chat about our pathetic little weed plants lmao.i worked in and around greenhouses for alot of years before i started my biz.we never did orchids.mostly woody ornamentals and some perennials,easy stuff that landscapers use.i worked with a really cool guy that i learned alot from.i was young so never had the balls to ask him if he grew or smoked weed but i had my suspicions haha.dude just looked like he was a hippy in his younger days,and knew everything related to plants and bugs.those pics kinda gave me flashbacks lol

Top Bottom