Skünatown

• Thread starter Skuna Tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Nice to know. Changing bulbs not a issue. Raising up and down is. That's what the plan is last two weeks Back to mh. Nice to know others are doing it. Your flowers look incredible. Guess MW. Showed u a thing or two. Back at it Keep doing your thang. M

i saw ur posting looking for advice on light lifters etc.. cheap way is 2x4's, depending on weight of hoods, use only 2 fixtures/2x4 @ 8' length (turn 2x4 sideways for sturdier piece, doesnt hurt to throw on a cure or sealant to help strengthen wood either). throw a couple hooks for light hangers and 2 on the adjacent side to hook to a pully. run your line from your 2x4, through your pully and back down to a wall with a boat tie off screwed to the wall. this way you can tie off at desired heights. by upgrading the material used, u can hang many lights off the same hanger and even hook up a winch to a car battery and have a motorized muscle free light lifter. just an idea.
MWD got me into raised beds and microbial life. 2nd time meeting up with dude, he gifted me "Teaming With Microbes" intelligent individual i must say, also a clown haha! thanks again for the +vibes

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Thank you. My lights are not in any uniform order U know how when you never make your room big enough just keep adding. So nothin in a straight line. For sure at least the heavy ones getting a remote first. A intelligent clown walking in clown shoes . Think I know that guy. ! Have fun. Lol.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Bringing in the new year with a few beans! Only popping 4 though. Germed on the first full moon of the year.

Props @Gu & @logic for making these available
IMG 20150105 081200 185
IMG 20150105 081219 242
IMG 20150105 081613 772
IMG 20150105 081845 969

Sküna

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Now we're getting intamate...

Here's my 5 gal brewer. I used air stones instead of my PVC manifold. I used a 1/8 drill bit to make the holes in the manifold, but I feel that they're to big. Next time I'm gonna drill using a #64 bit fwiw.

This brew contained:
(Per gallon of unchlorinated h20)
1/4 cup Organic Solutions EWC
1/4 cup Organic Solutions Vermachar
1/4 cup Bu's blend compost
1/4 Tsp Beneficial Biologics Kelp Logic
1/4 Tsp Beneficial Biologics Humalogic
1/4 tsp Technaflora Seaweed soluble extract
20 mls HiBrix molasses

After about 8 hours I added 20 mls of more molasses (i feel that too much at once can brew too much of one bacteria/fungi, adding in intervals reduces the abundance of a food source. This is my theory, not proven by research or any type of scientific backing, well it maybe, but i havent read about it yet...)
-I also add my OG Biowar Root Pack @ 1/4 Tbsp/gal at this point

if i have time and its convenient, i will through 1/8 cup of insect frass into my tea with about 4 hours left to brew. I did not do this on this tea.

just before the brew is finished, i add anywhere from 10-20mls of molasses to feed microbes in the tea and in my medium as well. i judge the smell of my brew for a conclusion of how much more to add. If it smells sweet and sugary, that usually means there is already enough in there.

I spike this tea with General Hydro's Floralicious Plus (i usually use Sea Green but i was out and have a shit load of these samples to go through. Same shit imo)

sounds complex, but this is simple, i tend to my teas before i leave for work, and when i get back sometimes later, but its usually anywhere from 8-12 hours into my brew.

I brew for around 18-24 hours unless im brewing for fungi/bacteria dominance.

Heres a couple pics of my cute lil brewerrr
IMG 20150107 115611 405

IMG 20150107 115940 268

5 gal bucket, 4 gals unchlorinated h20. Eco air 1 pump + four stones. Pvc is better to maintain but u gotta drill small as fuck holes to get the small bubble to create more "turbulence in a brew" <<helps reduce "dead zones"

if ur using air stones, be sure to keep em clean of biofilm/anaerobic bacteria by letting them soak in an enzyme mix
i used about 5 mls of an enzyme to these cups of h20
IMG 20150107 123039 930

Now some pics of my Office/veg racks/clone racks/storage... efficiency is what im striving for on this!!lol
IMG 20150107 115825 295

IMG 20150107 115914 488
IMG 20150107 115843 236
IMG 20150107 115859 073

now u can see the stages at work. still gotta put the finishing touches to my veg/ clone rack. Putting 4 Sun blaze 41's under there, i like to space em out unlike the sunblaze 44 where each bulb is crammed together.

welp that a quick run down of how the operation works over here in Skünatown

peace, love & herb
Skankin Sküna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

First bed came down and is finishing drying. Well know #'s in a couple days.

Anyways, I see a lot of cloning techniques so I figured I will throw up how I do it.

Take cuts from my mature veg plants and place the fresh cuts into a cup of h20 for at least 24 hours. After this I make my final cuts.

1st get ur stuff ready.I use a cutting board, rooting hormone, scissors, and a clean razor blade.

Fuck shot glasses for dipping cuts, these little plastic cups u get when u buy the ghetto pH test kit works tits and saves clonex.
IMG 20150116 222816 175

Instead of dipping, ive been using a syringr to inject my cubes directly. This way the clonex doesnt wipe off and stay on the top of the cube when inserting cut.
IMG 20150116 222859 821

I use root riot plugs, i hate rockwool, even though theyre significantly cheaper.. since i prefer the peat cubes, i gotta cut the bottoms off so they fit better in my grodan orange tray.
IMG 20150116 223101 051

IMG 20150116 223126 313

Then i make my final cuts
IMG 20150116 223337 889
IMG 20150116 223425 722
IMG 20150116 223451 177

Place in cube and cut tips off bigger fan leaves.
IMG 20150116 223547 954

And then BAM! In the oven they go.
IMG 20150116 223558 558

I keep a humidity dome on top. Be sure to pop ur hood off and wipe it down x1/day or else u will get mold issues. Keep an eye on ur cubes so they dont dry out.

I put about 1/4" of h20 in the bottom. Make sure ur cubes are not in the water by any means. Oversaturated cubes detour root growth.

Welp there is my stylee
Peace

Edit to add - i prefer bigger stronger cuts, these are extras and i didnt think about logging my cloning technique before all the big ones were done. crazy thing is, these small little guys will root out faster..

Last edited:
Pimp T

Pimp T

I saw u used that b2 by roots I was just checkin it out literally 15min before I stopped by what do you think of it?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

I saw u used that b2 by roots I was just checkin it out literally 15min before I stopped by what do you think of it?

Oh snap, I just posted in ur thread about the same shit! Glad u made it over to skunatown. I did not like the B2, I had mag issues after 4 weeks into flower. I also did not like the consistency of the B2, it seems like more coir than anything. It didn't retain as much h20 as I like as well. I was hoping this mix would be my replacement cuz it would cut the mix time down of readying beds... but don't fix it if it ain't broke. Thanks for stopping by, much luck with whatever medium u choose.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

im a die hard 12th man by the way (that means seahawk fan) no band wagon bullshit over here. since day one! cant believe that game!!! still stoked and a bit sloshed. happy sunday funday farm!!!

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Nice thread. Enjoyed the reads.. I'm a fan of that sugaree. It smells like ghetto koolaid. Defiantly pick and choose on what I use it on though. I used it on my Indiana Bubblegum and it tasted fantastically different.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Nice thread. Enjoyed the reads.. I'm a fan of that sugaree. It smells like ghetto koolaid. Defiantly pick and choose on what I use it on though. I used it on my Indiana Bubblegum and it tasted fantastically different.

ha me and my buddy always joke about taking a swig of that sugaree!!! ghetto koolaid LMFAO! i like what i see/taste from using it. much better than any other "sweetener". i use this and epsom now.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Nice! AW hell ya. LA con, that lady gets frosty!
In an early post you said you use Epsom as a sweetener? Or did I read that completely wrong?

What up brother. Been a minute. Ya, you can use Epsom as a sweetener, or whatever you wanna call it. Back in the day I've used botanicare sweet which imo brought more flavor and smell to the table. I've read how sulfur brings out terepene profiles and bcare sweet is derived from magnesium sulfate aka Epsom salt. There is some other additives in sweet though like gluclose and what not which are easily uptake-able by plants, non complex sugars fwiw. But I use Sugaree still, love me some ghetto kool aid! Use Epsom as a foliar and apply to teas

Top Bottom