Smerbs Tent Style

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I dont think soil alone brings flavors. Ive had good and bad of all styles. Im able to do really well in coco as far as flavor and smell go. I didnt notice much if any difference between my soil vs coco test honestly, but i am relatively new to growing still so who knows.
I haven't used any other medium so my opinion is definitely biased. I have however sampled the same strain, same generation grown by an established cultivator. They use a Coco/perlite medium and only liquid nutes. Flavor was no comparison. I know dry and cure has a lot to do with it also. Each medium has it's benefits. I'm not knocking anybody's methods. Soil for me.

incogneato

incogneato

I haven't used any other medium so my opinion is definitely biased. I have however sampled the same strain, same generation grown by an established cultivator. They use a Coco/perlite medium and only liquid nutes. Flavor was no comparison. I know dry and cure has a lot to do with it also. Each medium has it's benefits. I'm not knocking anybody's methods. Soil for me.
No doubt. Funny thing, i set out to grow in soil. I was given a coco/sphagnum mix by mistake for my first run. I ended up really liking it and stuck with coco. Did a few test plants with soil to compare and the results were really similar for me. I did use Nectar for the gods mostly organic bottled nutes in both mediums and also a commercial hydro nute in coco and the results are all very close, to me. Im sure there are canna seurs out there that may notice one way or another but i cant. I think care and being a responsible grower are what makes the biggest difference in the outcome. Whatever your method, keep it clean and keep it green!

Smerb

Smerb

@incogneato and @OldSmokie76 , your both right on with the back and forth with soil/Coco. Whatever you love to use is what's best. It's what works for you that will take you on to another level. If I use a Coco mix I'd probably burn my gals, I would question my feeding schedule. Soil for me allows a water schedule that I don't feed as much. Let's get it!

Smerb

Smerb

My mutant....
IMG 9044

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Dante's Fire and shit hole camera.View attachment 780164 solvent free.see through,fuck your day up concentrate.
I'm about to process about three ounces of over dried bud and additional trim into something. Not sure what, but I need some opinions. Any suggestions? I'm pretty savy in accomplishing anything, but I need something not too technical or lots of special supplies or equipment needed.

Smerb

Smerb

I'm about to process about three ounces of over dried bud and additional trim into something. Not sure what, but I need some opinions. Any suggestions? I'm pretty savy in accomplishing anything, but I need something not too technical or lots of special supplies or equipment needed.
If you blast it it's fast. But your material is dry. Closed loop extraction. Or dry ice it. The options are small.

incogneato

incogneato

I have a bunch if smalls and larf i was thinking of trying bubble with and maybe some qwiso.

Smerb

Smerb

Sometimes a friend can help. 2 brains and 1 project. Safety,check, check. I'd say press it but it's a machine with another machine attached, not difficult but it can be tedious.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Sometimes a friend can help. 2 brains and 1 project. Safety,check, check. I'd say press it but it's a machine with another machine attached, not difficult but it can be tedious.
I've seen the heated press for dabs. Even watched a YouTube have using a hair flat iron. That's cool for an evening of hits, but I'm talking there ounces of bud. Haha. I'm gonna try butter this time I think. I believe you even shared a pic of some caramel with me not too long ago. Thought I'd give that a try and attempt to wrap individual caramels after I figure out a reasonable dosage/portion. The testing will be fun. Not enough buzz or couch lock floating feeling. Who wants to be a tester? Hahaha

Top Bottom