Starting From Scratch. $300 And Some Bag Seeds. (dwc)

• Thread starter smokeedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokeedog

smokeedog

well, to begin. this is gonna be a fresh start from the ground up. the supervillians in blue relieved me of everything.. found 300 when i was cleaning up and some bag seeds. not sure if there femmed or anything. no clue where they came from. so im going to try to salvage and rebuild. hopefully some of the people who are in states where they have been able to gain more experience then me can help me out. ill be making the move to cali soon, and would like to try to kick out one harvest and then take this little setup with me wherever til i can get some land. so follow me on this journey if you want. it might be a hard one, but i just smoked a joint and got a smile on my face. so let me begin.

objective: start a SIMPLE, affordable, portable, efficient grow tent for any small area. it will be a 32x32x63 grow tent. i was hoping to use veg+bloom nutes and supplements and the veg+bloom mars hydro reflector 48 i picked up so the only thing i would be switching upon flowering would be the lighting time.

What i already have:

Mars Hydro Reflector 48 LED. ($101)
4x airstones ($7.50)
air pump ($9)
32x32x63 grow tent ($44)
cheap ac fan ($17)

yes i know it is CHEAP AF equipment, but keep in mind, i only need it to get me through one harvest and ill be able to upgrade.

what i still need: (any suggestions on a cheap place or item to fill one of these spots would be appreciated)

nutes
rubber tub
net pots
rockwool cubes
air hose
clip fans

what i might use:
CFLs. i was considering running cfls under the canopy the entire grow. im running from seeds to i was planning on filling the tub with 6 pots until i could sex them since im on limited space and time and have no clue what seeds these are..

Would this bother the root ball if for example the 2 spots in the middle and the 2 on one side were all sexed as females. or would the roots still fill up the tub?

Please if anyone has any experience they can lay on me, I would greatly appreciate you following this thread. i will post pics of the lights right now. im still waiting on the other parts i have already bought. this led isnt too bad. just small. but should be sufficient for what i need it for. one of the red bulbs is slightly dim as you can see in the picture. would this effect grow in any way? this is first time ever running an led.
first pic is the veg lights only. second is the bloom switch but its recommended to run both during flower as seen in the 3rd pic.

if yall have any questions or want me to elaborate on anything, this is my first grow diary, so please ask.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!! :D stay up yall.

~smokee

Starting from scratch 300 and some bag seeds dwc
Starting from scratch 300 and some bag seeds dwc 2
Starting from scratch 300 and some bag seeds dwc 3
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well, to begin. this is gonna be a fresh start from the ground up. the supervillians in blue relieved me of everything.. found 300 when i was cleaning up and some bag seeds. not sure if there femmed or anything. no clue where they came from. so im going to try to salvage and rebuild. hopefully some of the people who are in states where they have been able to gain more experience then me can help me out. ill be making the move to cali soon, and would like to try to kick out one harvest and then take this little setup with me wherever til i can get some land. so follow me on this journey if you want. it might be a hard one, but i just smoked a joint and got a smile on my face. so let me begin.

objective: start a SIMPLE, affordable, portable, efficient grow tent for any small area. it will be a 32x32x63 grow tent. i was hoping to use veg+bloom nutes and supplements and the veg+bloom mars hydro reflector 48 i picked up so the only thing i would be switching upon flowering would be the lighting time.

What i already have:

Mars Hydro Reflector 48 LED. ($101)
4x airstones ($7.50)
air pump ($9)
32x32x63 grow tent ($44)
cheap ac fan ($17)

yes i know it is CHEAP AF equipment, but keep in mind, i only need it to get me through one harvest and ill be able to upgrade.

what i still need: (any suggestions on a cheap place or item to fill one of these spots would be appreciated)

nutes
rubber tub
net pots
rockwool cubes
air hose
clip fans

what i might use:
CFLs. i was considering running cfls under the canopy the entire grow. im running from seeds to i was planning on filling the tub with 6 pots until i could sex them since im on limited space and time and have no clue what seeds these are..

Would this bother the root ball if for example the 2 spots in the middle and the 2 on one side were all sexed as females. or would the roots still fill up the tub?

Please if anyone has any experience they can lay on me, I would greatly appreciate you following this thread. i will post pics of the lights right now. im still waiting on the other parts i have already bought. this led isnt too bad. just small. but should be sufficient for what i need it for. one of the red bulbs is slightly dim as you can see in the picture. would this effect grow in any way? this is first time ever running an led.
first pic is the veg lights only. second is the bloom switch but its recommended to run both during flower as seen in the 3rd pic.

if yall have any questions or want me to elaborate on anything, this is my first grow diary, so please ask.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!! :D stay up yall.

~smokee
here is a idea,never done it but makes sense in your predicment,you have the net pots right,why not just start them in a single solo cup,easily drill holes in the bottom of your cups and design it like a dwc,run hose to each cup and when they show there sex move them to the big buckets,same setup just downsized if you dig what im visioning,a solo cup dwc setup till sexing is complete,just a idea

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

also keep a eye on that light,folks from al the sites i use have had several catch on fire,be careful

smokeedog

smokeedog

here is a idea,never done it but makes sense in your predicment,you have the net pots right,why not just start them in a single solo cup,easily drill holes in the bottom of your cups and design it like a dwc,run hose to each cup and when they show there sex move them to the big buckets,same setup just downsized if you dig what im visioning,a solo cup dwc setup till sexing is complete,just a idea
the only thing with that is i would i have to buy smaller airstones to fit in and fill up the cups. how tall would they have to get before sexing them. i will be vegging for about 40 days due to size. i would figure the root ball might be too big for the cup at some point. i was also debating 2 seeds per 4inch net pot and killing off the weaker or transferring a female to an empty but im not sure if the roots tangling would be an issue. or even if the dead roots from the males i kill be an issue. so many factors lol

also keep a eye on that light,folks from al the sites i use have had several catch on fire,be careful
and i sure will keep an eye on it. ive gotten mixed reviews on them. some said they work great. some said they run hot. so far i havnt noticed any serious heat concerns from this one

smokeedog

smokeedog

tent was supposed to arive via ups today. said its on the truck on the tracking page, but ups man drove by and didnt stop.. hmm...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the only thing with that is i would i have to buy smaller airstones to fit in and fill up the cups. how tall would they have to get before sexing them. i will be vegging for about 40 days due to size. i would figure the root ball might be too big for the cup at some point. i was also debating 2 seeds per 4inch net pot and killing off the weaker or transferring a female to an empty but im not sure if the roots tangling would be an issue. or even if the dead roots from the males i kill be an issue. so many factors lol

and i sure will keep an eye on it. ive gotten mixed reviews on them. some said they work great. some said they run hot. so far i havnt noticed any serious heat concerns from this one
have a friend on another site his caught on fire,he just happen to be in the room,took a picture of the loght half the lights were melted,but ya why not just pop hole in top for air hose and run that way till sexed.but to answer your question i will tell you how i doit,first i use soil or coco,but what i do is get solo cup half full of ocean forest,put rooted seed in and dont do nothing but water,when the roots hit the bottom of cup got no were else to go so starts building up ,stems get thick as fuck,when you get to the 3rd full set of leaves put them in flower room,from 10 to 14 days you got them all sexed,the idea behind the half cup of soil is it speeds up growth by running out of room to spread more roots transfering everything into building the stem and plant all together,with this method it works best if you start them 24/7 then when you put in flower room they freak out thinking winter is coming so they get a hormone inbalnce and show sex quick,never had one take over 14 days with this method,would be the same in your water,dont go buy airstones ,the hose alone will have that water bubbling and theres your oxygen.im just thought buy reading your problem best thing would be do the same as you was in the first place just downsize it,just a idea,hope i helped a bit

smokeedog

smokeedog

have a friend on another site his caught on fire,he just happen to be in the room,took a picture of the loght half the lights were melted,but ya why not just pop hole in top for air hose and run that way till sexed.but to answer your question i will tell you how i doit,first i use soil or coco,but what i do is get solo cup half full of ocean forest,put rooted seed in and dont do nothing but water,when the roots hit the bottom of cup got no were else to go so starts building up ,stems get thick as fuck,when you get to the 3rd full set of leaves put them in flower room,from 10 to 14 days you got them all sexed,the idea behind the half cup of soil is it speeds up growth by running out of room to spread more roots transfering everything into building the stem and plant all together,with this method it works best if you start them 24/7 then when you put in flower room they freak out thinking winter is coming so they get a hormone inbalnce and show sex quick,never had one take over 14 days with this method,would be the same in your water,dont go buy airstones ,the hose alone will have that water bubbling and theres your oxygen.im just thought buy reading your problem best thing would be do the same as you was in the first place just downsize it,just a idea,hope i helped a bit

aww. thats a good idea. i havt the airstone for my system already. it came today. and the tent finally came. im cleaning a spot to set it up then i will take pics. let me make sur ei got this right. so u root and veg in soil just like normal and then do u transfer to the dwc? i would guess ud need to rinse the roots with ph water. how does that effect the overall grow if u dont do dwc all the way? my tent is small so i will be rooting vegging and flowering in same space so i would only be dropping them in the pots when they are ready.

and i ordered a drop down and reclaim for my rig today but i got the wrong size whaaaaa. i was sad when it wouldnt fit. but then the tent and airstones came so its giving me something to do. also one slight problem..

i had one sour d seed left and it was on my tray and it got thrown in the bottle with the rest of my seeds lol.. any easy way to pick that one out of 18? i still got a few pounds of sour d trim/shake from last harvest, i might go seed hunting in there before i pop these bags

smokeedog

smokeedog

and im guessing since its soil u wouldnt use nute water. just phed?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

and im guessing since its soil u wouldnt use nute water. just phed?
all i use is compost tea and water,no i dont ph water going into my soil,my coco i do ph and ppm, i dont add what manufactures recommend,and dont like wasting shit,so i fill my 5 gallon bucket about half full and put my botanicare pure blend in ,it calls for 1 tsp per gallon,i dont go by that,if my bucket is half full,i put in 1 tsp of pure blend,check ppm then i add till i get to my 900 ppm ,in veg 750ppm seedlings 250ppm ,but i add to my water till i get my ppm ,then ph it your done except feeding and cleaning.
so soil grow gets compost tea and water,no ph nessary
coco i use botanicare pure blend pro bloom,feed seedlings 250 ppm ,veg work my way up to 750,flip they get first feed of kool bloom day 1,i feed veg for another 2 weeks while stretch and change going,at this time in i start my way up to 900 ppm ,thats my max,dont run co2
week 4 of bloom i hit them again with the kool bloom boast,4 weeks later last dose
yea you thinking bloom nutes in veg,yep just at smaller dose than bloom

smokeedog

smokeedog

ok. so i got the tent set up. light inside. im including some pics. i went to my moms and salvaged through old gear lookin for cfls. heres what i found"

fan
surge protectors
rack to clip fans or lights on and store shit since im trying to make it all self contained
power timers

airstones came but im still tryin to find a rubbermaid with a top. will probably have to go buy one. the biggest resevoir is a 19 gollar red one from walmart. if any light goes through i will have to paint it. but it should work

i am goin to cali next tuesday im gonna throw a couple seeds in soil and let them run while im out of town and have someone check temp and water and move lights. just seeing if the condition is survivable as is. i got some verm and perl to throw the seed in. i know it should be sufficient enough to start huh? i got compost tea as well? any suggestions on any other ways to test environment while im out of town?

heres some pics:

20160416 1542181
20160416 154332

Latest posts

Top Bottom