Stuff you may not know about RI MMJ laws

• Thread starter RI Redneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RI Redneck

RI Redneck

Christ, I spend an hour formatting this in HTML, and find out the board won't use it...

I've been reading the actual mmj laws in Rhode Island, and thought I'd compile some interesting things that I hadn't realized. Disclaimer, I am not a lawyer. Consult one if you have questions...

* Plants must be stored in an indoor facility.(1)

* "No school, employer or landlord may refuse to enroll, employ or lease, or otherwise penalize a person solely for his or her status as a cardholder."(2). That's a direct quote. What it leaves unanswered is if you can be discriminated against because of growing/using. It only protects you from a stigma of *having* a card.

* Rhode Island treats other states' registry cards as having the same power as an RI card.(3)

* Marijuana can change hands free of charge among patients and/or caregivers, even if they aren't "connected by registration" (presumably as a registered caregiver) -- *provided no consideration is paid for it.* So you could give away a clone, I presume, but not sell it. It *doesn't* address if a caregiver can get compensation for providing a clone to a patient with whom he is registered... (4)

* Employers are not required to accomodate the medical use of marijuana in the workplace.(5)

* Marijuana is defined to include "the resin extracted from any part of the plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its sedds or resin"(6) I would take this to mean edibles, hash and oil were ok (but IANAL).

* A caregiver/compassion center can deliver a maximum of 2.5 ounces to a single patient in a 15 day period. (7)

(1) TITLE 21, Food And Drugs, CHAPTER 21-28.6, See http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE21/21-28.6/21-28.6-4.HTM, The Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act, Ā§ 21-28.6-4, section (a).
(2) ibid, section (b).
(3) ibid, section (k)
(4) ibid, section (m)
(5) ibid, SECTION 21-28.6-7 (b)(1)
(6) See http://sos.ri.gov/documents/archives/regdocs/released/pdf/DOH/5923.pdf, RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM [R21-28.6-MMP], section 1.6
(7) ibid, section 5.8.2

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Considering moving to RI in the near future and have will have a few questions im sure to ask you. Can you personally buy or get clones from local shops in RI? How many plants can you have in your home? Who do you go to see to inquire about a card? Do you have special doctors in RI that can prescribe you or can any doctor prescribe you?
Thanks if you have the answers to any of these.

totc

sky high

sky high

Frickin A...READ the links he provided. Most, if not all of your questions can be answered by doing so.....and it's info you WILL need to know first hand if you become a card holder.

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

1) There are no shops selling clones (or anything else for that matter). There are 3 compassion centers that will open Real Soon Now (was Sep 1, now Jan 1, who knows?). Whether or not they'll sell clones is pure conjecture.
2) If you have a card, 12 in flower, 12 in veg.
3) 11th State or B&B
4) Any licensed physician can write a script.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Hey sky, I want personal opinion from a gentleman that lives there. If you have nothing good to add. Shut your young wish you were tuff mouth.

LBH

LBH

In RI, we GIFT clones to each other, no charging. We are a bit unique in this way. If u know someone CHARGING, please set them straight. RI is a pay it forward, watch ur neighbors back kinda place for compassionate horticulturists.

The centers (Slater and Greenleaf, Summit is out) will be open very soon. Licenses were filed for Jan 1 and won't be long in issuing. There will be a whole new set of by-laws coming out regarding c/g's selling to the dispensaries, travel and testing amounts for said commercial growers, etc, stay tuned.

Big props to the OP for this thread, these are common facts among many of us but for the majority, these few KEY points are "between the lines". It's still a bit confusing and much of it is "non-sensicle",lol.....but, it is what it is. Thanks again to the OP, way to look out for ur neighbors.

If anyone is interested, I run a grow group on facebook. We currently have 63 RI growers in the group including some staff from slater. Retailers like the folks from 3 Guys Hydro and Growin Crazy and other contacts like Jamie from Know your grow. This is our mission statement below, if you are interested, hit me up, I'm RICH Budz (Rhode Islanders for compassionate horticulture)

RICH mission statement-

"This is a private group I have formed. The group is designed to function like a union. We are all growers with the same concerns, dilemma's and roadblocks. By working together, we can save each other in emergencies, share resources, share genetics, save money, share ideas and hopefully,...do it better, safer.

Now this group has rules so if you aren't interested, no hard feelings, just ;let me know and I'll gladly remove you.

1. Pay it forward wherever you can.

2. Keep an eye on the board and assist in any "Union Alert" emergencies that you think you can help with, i.e., a grower blows a light and you have an extra 600 you arent using. Loan it for a week till his replacement comes and save his cycle. Karma says, this will all come back to you.

3. Believe in Karma. We're all adults here, figure it out. Do the right thing.

4. Participate/share. This includes the sharing of genetics, knowledge, time if you have it, supplies if a guy in ur town needs a few tablespoons of something you have a bottle of. Participation includes on the board.

5. Members need to be willing to help grow some strains that we will provide. Your efforts will be directly related to your patients' infliction. You would be doing trait isolation as part of a group effort to develop a purely medical line up.

6. BE nice,lol. Sounds simple but some folks aren't capable and that's ok, but not if u want to be a part of the group

Thanks for participating everyone!!"

patriots333

patriots333

finally , i wish everyone was that way here , just moved from denver , thank god i brought my clones , i wish everyone here had your outlook , but the greedy will always hoard.....co. has the same thing , only good clones are fairly easy to come by ...elite clone only strains are another story .......times are a changing tho ...........look forward to helping

GrowthRI

GrowthRI

Hey Everyone, we're new to the board but not to Rhode Island. Here's some info on the company, as well as some links to our site. Please check in and stay active - we're trying to make sure the polititians don't mess this up for patients who need medicine.

Check out our latest news page for the latest on Rhode Island laws for caregivers, growers, and patients.

USA's first leasing facilities for caregivers providing cutting edge methods and products to the medicinal Cannabis and CBD oil community.

Mission

Growth Industries, llc is composed of a group of marijuana professionals, seeking to provide caregivers with a professional, safe, and state of the art cultivation facility. Assisting caregivers in growing the highest quality medicine, by providing, education, customer service, and cutting edge technologies to the Rhode Island area. We strive to continue be innovators at the forefront of new methods and products in the cultivation of Medicinal Cannabis.

Company Overview

Growth Industries of Rhode Island provides all aspects of your leasing needs. We offer a state of the art growth facility that includes, consulting (from light location to growing medium etc...) seeds, and a trustworthy secure building and staff. Security has been designed by ex-military and ex-D.E.A. personnel to make sure your medicine is grown safely and properly. We offer traceability from unit access and from seed to sale through barcode scanning and RFID. If you would like to make an inquiry regarding our facilities and services please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Description

Growth Industries has over 8 years of experience in the cultivation and the development of Cannabis. We make it our duty to not only provide medicine that betters our patients mental and physical state, but also to educate them on how to properly administer the medicine. We pride ourselves on using all natural products, and methods, to offer our patients a premier medicine and affordable pricing. We strive to work with local authorities to guarantee medicine is administered properly to caregivers/compassion centers.

d420dool

d420dool

Ri redneck, great thread, lbh great group, growth ri, great company, rhode island, GREAT STATE!!!!

ghosRyder

ghosRyder

What's up everybody? Hope all is well :) I am a medical marijuana patient from Rhode Island just saying what's up peace out org GhosRyder

urban1026835

urban1026835

In RI, we GIFT clones to each other, no charging. We are a bit unique in this way. If u know someone CHARGING, please set them straight. RI is a pay it forward, watch ur neighbors back kinda place for compassionate horticulturists.

The centers (Slater and Greenleaf, Summit is out) will be open very soon. Licenses were filed for Jan 1 and won't be long in issuing. There will be a whole new set of by-laws coming out regarding c/g's selling to the dispensaries, travel and testing amounts for said commercial growers, etc, stay tuned.

Big props to the OP for this thread, these are common facts among many of us but for the majority, these few KEY points are "between the lines". It's still a bit confusing and much of it is "non-sensicle",lol.....but, it is what it is. Thanks again to the OP, way to look out for ur neighbors.

If anyone is interested, I run a grow group on facebook. We currently have 63 RI growers in the group including some staff from slater. Retailers like the folks from 3 Guys Hydro and Growin Crazy and other contacts like Jamie from Know your grow. This is our mission statement below, if you are interested, hit me up, I'm RICH Budz (Rhode Islanders for compassionate horticulture)

RICH mission statement-

"This is a private group I have formed. The group is designed to function like a union. We are all growers with the same concerns, dilemma's and roadblocks. By working together, we can save each other in emergencies, share resources, share genetics, save money, share ideas and hopefully,...do it better, safer.

Now this group has rules so if you aren't interested, no hard feelings, just ;let me know and I'll gladly remove you.

1. Pay it forward wherever you can.

2. Keep an eye on the board and assist in any "Union Alert" emergencies that you think you can help with, i.e., a grower blows a light and you have an extra 600 you arent using. Loan it for a week till his replacement comes and save his cycle. Karma says, this will all come back to you.

3. Believe in Karma. We're all adults here, figure it out. Do the right thing.

4. Participate/share. This includes the sharing of genetics, knowledge, time if you have it, supplies if a guy in ur town needs a few tablespoons of something you have a bottle of. Participation includes on the board.

5. Members need to be willing to help grow some strains that we will provide. Your efforts will be directly related to your patients' infliction. You would be doing trait isolation as part of a group effort to develop a purely medical line up.

6. BE nice,lol. Sounds simple but some folks aren't capable and that's ok, but not if u want to be a part of the group

Thanks for participating everyone!!"

you had me at lending extra gear to a fellow gardener to save his crop. I always have at least one complete setup laying around. Now just the moving to RI part..sorry.

still this sounds like a good deal as long as no shady characters infiltrate and bring attention...one guy doing too much can easily get caught up and next thing you know an organized crime of growers will be uncovered...I hate that is how the world works but just something to be wary of.

ghosRyder

ghosRyder

@urban1026835 that's true about shady characters infulrating a good organization.I don't know about you but I can always spot a snake. Specially when you keep your grass love LOL. And you always look at somebody's actions especially when they are always looking out for. Their best interests and not helping other people out. I'm sure you came across people like that that always look what they can get for themselves and not give in return. Peace out hope all is well org GhosRyder

urban1026835

urban1026835

@ghosRyder all is well just food for though...I hate that I have become somewhat jaded in this way because in all honesty nothing besides the act of growing pleases me more then sharing with others like us.

even the best instincts are fooled from time to time, including my own. Most shady people stick out pretty quickly though.

Be safe and keep on spreading the love amongst those who deserve it.

also sorry to the op for the hijack but somebody shoot me a pm if they know of any "crews/groups/communities" accepting members online of course.

I am a little neurotic maybe but a am fairly intelligent and a decent grower i would like to think but far from great and would love to learn and be able to really discuss different things where cannabis is concerned without having to be wary of who exactly I am associating with.

I am sure if anyone under any other handles out there knows me they can vouch that if I say something I do it and am a big believer in sharing things and payingit forward unless I have given my word otherwise...and no I am not genetics fishing(sounded like it but im good).

thanks

Last edited:
N

Nassima

Hello
I have a mm card from NY - can I can really come to RI and get some good quality stuff. Here dispensaries suck

Pleas help
Nassima

Christ, I spend an hour formatting this in HTML, and find out the board won't use it...

I've been reading the actual mmj laws in Rhode Island, and thought I'd compile some interesting things that I hadn't realized. Disclaimer, I am not a lawyer. Consult one if you have questions...

* Plants must be stored in an indoor facility.(1)

* "No school, employer or landlord may refuse to enroll, employ or lease, or otherwise penalize a person solely for his or her status as a cardholder."(2). That's a direct quote. What it leaves unanswered is if you can be discriminated against because of growing/using. It only protects you from a stigma of *having* a card.

* Rhode Island treats other states' registry cards as having the same power as an RI card.(3)

* Marijuana can change hands free of charge among patients and/or caregivers, even if they aren't "connected by registration" (presumably as a registered caregiver) -- *provided no consideration is paid for it.* So you could give away a clone, I presume, but not sell it. It *doesn't* address if a caregiver can get compensation for providing a clone to a patient with whom he is registered... (4)

* Employers are not required to accomodate the medical use of marijuana in the workplace.(5)

* Marijuana is defined to include "the resin extracted from any part of the plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its sedds or resin"(6) I would take this to mean edibles, hash and oil were ok (but IANAL).

* A caregiver/compassion center can deliver a maximum of 2.5 ounces to a single patient in a 15 day period. (7)

(1) TITLE 21, Food And Drugs, CHAPTER 21-28.6, See http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE21/21-28.6/21-28.6-4.HTM, The Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act, Ā§ 21-28.6-4, section (a).
(2) ibid, section (b).
(3) ibid, section (k)
(4) ibid, section (m)
(5) ibid, SECTION 21-28.6-7 (b)(1)
(6) See http://sos.ri.gov/documents/archives/regdocs/released/pdf/DOH/5923.pdf, RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM [R21-28.6-MMP], section 1.6
(7) ibid, section 5.8.2

C

cannajames

Hello
I have a mm card from NY - can I can really come to RI and get some good quality stuff. Here dispensaries suck

Pleas help
Nassima
I know this is a few months late, but if you are from NY (like me), you can use your card in RI, from what the RI law says.

However, you are not protected in NY if you bring the medicine back with you, as NY only allows non-smoke-able form. (EDIT: You are also breaking Federal law if you cross state lines with any form of cannabis, or use a third party to transport cannabis across state lines.) Dispensaries suck in NY because we only allowed big companies with a lot of capital to operate, not necessarily the most compassionate companies. I'm not an MMJ patient, but I have heard from 3 of the 5 dispensary companies that they only sell pills. Is that true?

MiMadman

MiMadman

So as a patient i could have 12 n veg and 12 n flower. Whats a caregivers role then? Do they have them?

Top Bottom