Help! I watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back.

• Thread starter Amonolith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

My last question for you now i promise 😂. Now that ive watered the appropriate amount yesterday, how long would you wait before watering another gallon in? To test the run off, Should i wait for the pots themselves to feel lighter or try to throw it on a schedule?.
Hahaha dont worry, ask as much as you need to ask. Yes, use it next time you need to water, better to not overwhelm them now with too much water.

A

Amonolith

Hahaha dont worry, ask as much as you need to ask. Yes, use it next time you need to water, better to not overwhelm them now with too much water.
Appreciate all the info, seriously, people like you are what makes this community so awesome, ill keep ya updated as i continue on my quest to fix these ladies.

Eledin

Eledin

Appreciate all the info, seriously, people like you are what makes this community so awesome, ill keep ya updated as i continue on my quest to fix these ladies.
Its nice to feel of use! Yes please continue to update us, you still have plenty of healthy leaves maybe you can get a nice harvest after all!

It's better to feed them a week or so before flipping. I recommend feeding part veg and part bloom nutrients.
This! The first 3 weeks of flower theyre gonna grow quite a lot, sometimes double their size even, so they demand some veg nutes aswell. Going 50-50 with veg and bloom nutes like LoveGrowingIt said for the first 3 weeks of flower or even a bit before is what I do too.

Eledin

Eledin

You need to pot up bud the roots can’t drink enough transplant them and they should be good again. Use superthrive or b1 when transplanting to ease stress
Transplanting the big ones is gonna be quite a chore, maybe some defoliation could help to ease the burden on the roots but the healthier leaves are on the bottom so I dont know... what do you think? Also Ive never have root problems in such big pots (for the smaller ones sure, that could help him a lot, specially if the soil is too hot aswell), but it looks like the big pots are at least 5 gallons, the plants are not that big, just my 2 cents though maybe you had different experiences than I did with big pots. Im pretty sure Im not the best one here at pushing root growth, I dont even transplant them, germinated seed goes into 5 gallons and then I use root boosters from week 2 of veg til week 2 of flower.
That said, again, I do agree that transplanting the ones in smaller pots could be key. Wether they need more space for the roots, the soil is too hot or the ph too low, or all of them, a transplant would greatly help mitigate all of them.

Last edited:
A

Amonolith

You need to pot up bud the roots can’t drink enough transplant them and they should be good again. Use superthrive or b1 when transplanting to ease stress
You think the roots have used up those 7 gallon pots already?. That would mean my compost is working quite well, no? Haha. Possible, this has been just about a 2 month veg, i didnt know i was growing indoors, had planned to move them outside, but things change. I WAS planning on flipping to flower in a week or two, that was before this droop issue. Also im not sure i have the lights to make these girls much bigger, running 2 1000 watt full spectrum LEDs in the tent,

A

Amonolith

The two big plants are Gorilla Glue (GG#4) Feminized from Seed Supreme. And the smaller ones are the free seeds that came with them- Blue Dream. Feel like I’ve mentioned everything about my grow except that lol.

Eledin

Eledin

The two big plants are Gorilla Glue (GG#4) Feminized from Seed Supreme. And the smaller ones are the free seeds that came with them- Blue Dream. Feel like I’ve mentioned everything about my grow except that lol.
I like them both, theyre pretty smelly and flavorful, good potency too. Of course when going from seed it always depends a lot on the seed bank and a bit on luck (phenotypes). Never tried that bank but I know its pretty popular in the USA so I bet youre gonna have tasty flowers! Both are skunky, earthy and fruity but the Blue Dream I tasted (from 00seeds) was a bit more strong on the fruityness (not by much) and a bit less on the skunkyness. All weed is skunky but some definetely more than others, here is a fun fact

A Skunk’s Spray Contains a Thiol Also Found in Cannabis​

A skunk’s spray or musk is comprised of seven compounds, six of which are sulfur-containing thiols, including 3MBT, which give the musk its distinct and pungent smell. The human olfactory system has evolved over time to detect substances, such as these sulfur-containing thiols, at exceptionally low levels. This level of recognition is called the odor detection threshold (ODT). Our nose can sometimes detect compounds at levels that are extremely difficult and in some cases, nearly impossible to detect with ambient air samples using highly sensitive analytical equipment.

FROM: https://byers-scientific.com/cannabis-emissions-and-the-source-of-the-skunk-like-odor/

What's fun is that this was discovered relatively recently, way after people called weed skunky or a strain skunk.

Last edited:
A

Amonolith

I like them both, theyre pretty smelly and flavorful, good potency too. Of course when going from seed it always depends a lot on the seed bank and a bit on luck (phenotypes). Never tried that bank but I know its pretty popular in the USA so I bet youre gonna have tasty flowers! Both are skunky, earthy and fruity but the Blue Dream I tasted (from 00seeds) was a bit more strong on the fruityness (not by much) and a bit less on the skunkyness. All weed is skunky but some definetely more than others, here is a fun fact

A Skunk’s Spray Contains a Thiol Also Found in Cannabis​

A skunk’s spray or musk is comprised of seven compounds, six of which are sulfur-containing thiols, including 3MBT, which give the musk its distinct and pungent smell. The human olfactory system has evolved over time to detect substances, such as these sulfur-containing thiols, at exceptionally low levels. This level of recognition is called the odor detection threshold (ODT). Our nose can sometimes detect compounds at levels that are extremely difficult and in some cases, nearly impossible to detect with ambient air samples using highly sensitive analytical equipment.

FROM: https://byers-scientific.com/cannabis-emissions-and-the-source-of-the-skunk-like-odor/

What's fun is that this was discovered relatively recently, way after people called weed skunky or a strain skunk.
GG is one of my favorites for the couch lock nights haha, but learning that it exists from a Hermaphrodite, a happy accident, im nervous about the amount of stress she can take before herming on me. UPDATE: 48 hours after initial water, they are almost back to normal. Very turgid and looking strong this morning. I think they just needed a extra day to drink it all in, being over thirsty. Now i just gotta find something to deal with this Mag/potassium issue before i flipp the lights. Do you have any experience with Down To Earth Langbeinite?, since its a available source of mag and potash, and being organic, what you think?. Any other amendments you recommended that would work with living soil?

Eledin

Eledin

Im glad to know theyre recovering! Ive never used langbeinite but I dont see how it could hurt as long as you use the recommended dose. Nature's living soil is an all in one fertilizer though, I dont see why you would have deficiencies assuming the PH is right but I cant see their list of ingredients so who knows... If you have them written in the container could you please list them here? Maybe they couldnt take enough nutes cause they didnt have enough water. In any case, proceed with caution, its easier to overfertilize them than to starve them. I use several ammendments to make super soil and later on I use the same ammendments to top dress, but I also work with liquid organic fertilizers so I dont go too heavy on the ammendments. Ill leave you a list of organic ammendments that your microorganisms will love and what are they good for, starting with the one you wanna use:

1. Langbeinite: potassium magnessium sulfate (potassium, magnessium and sulfur)

2. Leonardite: humic and fulvic acids. They contain NK and a lot of micronutrients. Fulvic and humic acids help regulate the ph of the soil so its not alkaline nor acidic, acts as ph and nutrient buffer and contains important micronutrients (Every time I refeer to micro nutrients is mostly trace minerals like iron, silica, copper, zinc, manganese, etc)

3. Worm castings: Same use as leonardite because of the humic and fulvic acids it cointains. Difference? They do have nitrogen, as for the PK depends on the manufacturer, sometimes they have sometimes they dont. Your microorganisms like it more than leonardite too. Rich in micronutrients aswell.

4. Guano: this is tricky, there's bat guano, regular guano, seabird guano... and even the same types of guanos can contain very different ammounts of NPK. One thing is clear though, guano helps the roots during veg and makes tastier flowers during bloom. Thats attributed to his high phosphorus (and sometimes nitrogen aswell) contents.

5. Kelp meal: Low NPK but high in minerals, aminoacids and vitamins. Alginic acid is very good for plants and contains manitol, a form of suggar that is very good for your microbes and your plant metabolism. It also contains fitohormones: auxins (root hormones), cytokinins (growth hormones) and betaine (helps plants not get thirsty by protecting the cells from dehydration and promotes photosynthesis)

6. Alfalfa meal: mostly NPK and sulfur. Like Kelp meal it contains vitamines but it also contains triacontanol. Triacontanol is very good to enhance your plant metabolism, making photosyntesis better, promoting the production of proteins and enhancing nutrient transport through the plant.

7. Crab meal and krill meal: They will have different NPKs depending on the vendor but for me one of the most important things of crustacean meal is chitosan. Chitosan is found in expensive liquid nutrients like Bud Factor X from AN (sorry Mike, I know you wanna keep it secret, in your defense I will say that yours is cheaper than other brands) and they take it from crab or krill meal, which is inexpensive in comparison. Chitosan properties: promotes germination, promotes growth, helps inmune system, helps them manage stress, chelates heavy metals so your plants can absorb them and finally and most importantly for me, gives you better quality buds.

8. Azomite or volcanic ash: I think is common knowledge that the land surrounding volcanos is extremely fertile. Thats due to past eruptions. Volcanic ash is very rich in anything your plant wants, excelent source of micro nutrients. It doesnt contain nitrogen or phosphorus but you bet its gonna make your soil better.

9. Epsom salts: unlike all the ammendments I will mention, this one is water soluble which means that is fast release instead of slow release, treat carefully as too much magnessium is bad too. They contain around 10% magnessium and 13% sulfur, the rest os mostly oxygen (thats why they dilute so easily in water). They help clean your soil from accumulated salts and some peopel use it in the first watering when flushing because of that but is also good to use once a month or so and go for some runoff.

10. Dolomite lime: 30-35% calcium and 15-20% magnessium. Works very well to mantain a good PH aswell. If your runoff comes acidic, dolomite lime is gonna be your friend. If you already have too much calcium and magnessium then the next one will also help with ph issues.

11. Diatomaceous earth: commonly use to kill gnats, but they kill almost any insect, adults and larvae, mixed with the top layer of the soil. Its mostly silica, which helps your plant autoinmune system and also helps them grow thicker like calcium. Careful though! As the ph of diatomaceous earth is around 8, great to solve acidity problems but if you dont have them and you use too much you can create nutrient lockout due to alkaline ph. 1 or 2 applications during all the grow should be fine though, I use it in almost every grow, either mixed with the soil or top dressed to kill gnats. Contrary to what some think, it doesnt kill your microorganisms, the micro crystals that form diatomaceous earth stick to bugs and dehydrates them but your microorganisms are too small to get hurt by those crystals.

12. Bone meal: almost entirely calcium and some phosphorus.

13. Blood meal: High in nitrogen and a little bit of PK aswell.

14. Fish meal: High in nitrogen and phopshorus.

15. Phosphorick rock dust: self explanatory, lots of phosphorus and also lots of calcium. Silica is present too in relevant quantities. Contains other trace minerals aswell.

16. Tree ash: high in calcium and a decent ammount of potassium. Biggest taker from tree ash is probably the minerals it provides.

17. Palm tree ash: high in potassium and some phosphorus and magnessium. Like tree ash, its also rich in minerals. I use some to top dress in flower.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Ammendments that I consider vital for my supersoil:
Worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, crab meal, volcanic ash and dolomite lime.
I do use more, like phosphorick rock dust and biochar, but the ones I mentioned are the ones that are gonna make the biggest difference for reasons mentioned in the previous post. Also biochar is not used as top dressing but rather mixed with the soil previos to use so thats why its not included, the rest can be used to create supersoil or to top dress.
I would suggest that you get a premade top dressing from gaia green for example or a base liquid nute for flower. Its hard to get the ratios perfectly if youre top dressing unless its a premade mix. I ammend my supersoil lighlty, then top dress lightly and I try to push to maxium capacity with liquid organic nutes because when I get to the max dose they can tolerate I just go to the previous one and thats it, easy peasy. If you put too much in your supersoil youre screwed and if you top dress too much youre gonna have to remove the top layer of the soil and introduce a lighter dose, thats why I find it easier to give them a good base with ammendments and then push with liquids.

Last edited:
A

Amonolith

Worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, crab meal, volcanic ash and dolomite lime.
I do use more, like phosphorick rock dust and biochar, but the ones I mentioned are the ones that are gonna make the biggest difference for reasons mentioned in the previous post. Also biochar is not used as top dressing but rather mixed with the soil previos to use so thats why its not included, the rest can be used to create supersoil or to top dress.
I would suggest that you get a premade top dressing from gaia green for example or a base liquid nute for flower. Its hard to get the ratios perfectly if youre top dressing unless its a premade mix. I ammend my supersoil lighlty, then top dress lightly and I try to push to maxium capacity with liquid organic nutes because when I get to the max dose they can tolerate I just go to the previous one and thats it, easy peasy. If you put too much in your supersoil youre screwed and if you top dress too much youre gonna have to remove the top layer of the soil and introduce a lighter dose, thats why I find it easier to give them a good base with ammendments and then push with liquids.

Im glad to know theyre recovering! Ive never used langbeinite but I dont see how it could hurt as long as you use the recommended dose. Nature's living soil is an all in one fertilizer though, I dont see why you would have deficiencies assuming the PH is right but I cant see their list of ingredients so who knows... If you have them written in the container could you please list them here? Maybe they couldnt take enough nutes cause they didnt have enough water. In any case, proceed with caution, its easier to overfertilize them than to starve them. I use several ammendments to make super soil and later on I use the same ammendments to top dress, but I also work with liquid organic fertilizers so I dont go too heavy on the ammendments. Ill leave you a list of organic ammendments that your microorganisms will love and what are they good for, starting with the one you wanna use:

1. Langbeinite: potassium magnessium sulfate (potassium, magnessium and sulfur)

2. Leonardite: humic and fulvic acids. They contain NK and a lot of micronutrients. Fulvic and humic acids help regulate the ph of the soil so its not alkaline nor acidic, acts as ph and nutrient buffer and contains important micronutrients (Every time I refeer to micro nutrients is mostly trace minerals like iron, silica, copper, zinc, manganese, etc)

3. Worm castings: Same use as leonardite because of the humic and fulvic acids it cointains. Difference? They do have nitrogen, as for the PK depends on the manufacturer, sometimes they have sometimes they dont. Your microorganisms like it more than leonardite too. Rich in micronutrients aswell.

4. Guano: this is tricky, there's bat guano, regular guano, seabird guano... and even the same types of guanos can contain very different ammounts of NPK. One thing is clear though, guano helps the roots during veg and makes tastier flowers during bloom. Thats attributed to his high phosphorus (and sometimes nitrogen aswell) contents.

5. Kelp meal: Low NPK but high in minerals, aminoacids and vitamins. Alginic acid is very good for plants and contains manitol, a form of suggar that is very good for your microbes and your plant metabolism. It also contains fitohormones: auxins (root hormones), cytokinins (growth hormones) and betaine (helps plants not get thirsty by protecting the cells from dehydration and promotes photosynthesis)

6. Alfalfa meal: mostly NPK and sulfur. Like Kelp meal it contains vitamines but it also contains triacontanol. Triacontanol is very good to enhance your plant metabolism, making photosyntesis better, promoting the production of proteins and enhancing nutrient transport through the plant.

7. Crab meal and krill meal: They will have different NPKs depending on the vendor but for me one of the most important things of crustacean meal is chitosan. Chitosan is found in expensive liquid nutrients like Bud Factor X from AN (sorry Mike, I know you wanna keep it secret, in your defense I will say that yours is cheaper than other brands) and they take it from crab or krill meal, which is inexpensive in comparison. Chitosan properties: promotes germination, promotes growth, helps inmune system, helps them manage stress, chelates heavy metals so your plants can absorb them and finally and most importantly for me, gives you better quality buds.

8. Azomite or volcanic ash: I think is common knowledge that the land surrounding volcanos is extremely fertile. Thats due to past eruptions. Volcanic ash is very rich in anything your plant wants, excelent source of micro nutrients. It doesnt contain nitrogen or phosphorus but you bet its gonna make your soil better.

9. Epsom salts: unlike all the ammendments I will mention, this one is water soluble which means that is fast release instead of slow release, treat carefully as too much magnessium is bad too. They contain around 10% magnessium and 13% sulfur, the rest os mostly oxygen (thats why they dilute so easily in water). They help clean your soil from accumulated salts and some peopel use it in the first watering when flushing because of that but is also good to use once a month or so and go for some runoff.

10. Dolomite lime: 30-35% calcium and 15-20% magnessium. Works very well to mantain a good PH aswell. If your runoff comes acidic, dolomite lime is gonna be your friend. If you already have too much calcium and magnessium then the next one will also help with ph issues.

11. Diatomaceous earth: commonly use to kill gnats, but they kill almost any insect, adults and larvae, mixed with the top layer of the soil. Its mostly silica, which helps your plant autoinmune system and also helps them grow thicker like calcium. Careful though! As the ph of diatomaceous earth is around 8, great to solve acidity problems but if you dont have them and you use too much you can create nutrient lockout due to alkaline ph. 1 or 2 applications during all the grow should be fine though, I use it in almost every grow, either mixed with the soil or top dressed to kill gnats. Contrary to what some think, it doesnt kill your microorganisms, the micro crystals that form diatomaceous earth stick to bugs and dehydrates them but your microorganisms are too small to get hurt by those crystals.

12. Bone meal: almost entirely calcium and some phosphorus.

13. Blood meal: High in nitrogen and a little bit of PK aswell.

14. Fish meal: High in nitrogen and phopshorus.

15. Phosphorick rock dust: self explanatory, lots of phosphorus and also lots of calcium. Silica is present too in relevant quantities. Contains other trace minerals aswell.

16. Tree ash: high in calcium and a decent ammount of potassium. Biggest taker from tree ash is probably the minerals it provides.

17. Palm tree ash: high in potassium and some phosphorus and magnessium. Like tree ash, its also rich in minerals. I use some to top dress in flower.

I was thinking maybe they developed a few before it reached the compost, as it was only put on the bottom 1/4th, the rest of the way has just been Ocean Forrest. I know ocean forest will only feed for so long and they you gotta feed it, maybe it ran out of food before making it? Or like you said water issues caused something, i dont know that much about deficiencies maybe you can help asses, to me, the yellow edges look like either a mag or potash issues, but again im still new at diagnosing. In the second picture ill blow up a leaf so you can see it a little clearer.

As far as the ingredients in the compost -Organic Earthworm Castings, High Quality Bat Guano, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Dolomite Lime, Azomite, Epsom Salt, Coconut Water Powder , Aloe Vera The Microorganisms: Microorganisms:Glomus Aggregatum, Glomus Etunicatum, Glomus Intraradices,Glomus Mosseae, Pisolithus Tinctorius, Scleroderma Cepa, Scleroderma Citrinum,Trichoderma Harzianum, Trichoderma Koningii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae,Azotobacter Chroococcum, Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus Azotoformans,Bacillus Coagulans, Bacillus Licheniformis, Bacillus Megaterium, BacillusPumilus, Bacillus Subtilis, Bacillus Thuringiensis, Paenibacillus Durum,Paenibacillus Polymyxa, Pseudomonas Aureofaciens, Pseudomonas Fluorescens.

IMG 7647
IMG 7648
A

Amonolith

Also the glue on the left i think is ready for another drink. I watered her when i started this thread (4 days) the pot feels drastically lighter than when i did water. The others got water the following day, they are on (3)

A

Amonolith

Tbh i have no idea! Haha i dont have any instruments for testing that, just PH stuff, but that out of the tap is 7.
Im gonna try my hand at hydro after this run, so eventually ill get all these things to test my water. Would you say thats an important tool i need for my water now?

H

hippyt

I watered these plants 3 days ago, and they drooped down and never came back. Is this overwatering? Ive heard some folks say if the stem bends with the leaf, its underwatered, and if it is overwatered will they survive?.
it looks def underwatered in my opinion the are responding to something in the environment you gotta be a detective and start from the bottom have you checked the ph of the water

H

hippyt

it looks def underwatered in my opinion the are responding to something in the environment you gotta be a detective and start from the bottom have you checked the ph of the water
you should be good if I had to bet I'd bet they bounce right back if also could have been a soil cofntainer or even the water could have had some nasty shit in spray them ladies and give them sunlight or high ppf light

A

Amonolith

Oh it was deff underwatered haha. Since i watered them, they have perked up a whole bunch haha. I have been ph-ing the water to 6.5 with a meter, but have since learned those fall out of calibration too easily, so i just got a old school vial and dropper test. I think ive figured out the correct watering for them, now im just trying to diagnose other deficiencies before moving forward into flower

Top Bottom