Sunlight Supply/Galaxy 1500 watt Master Blaster

• Thread starter Quitters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quitters

Quitters

anyone here using them yet & whats your opinion ???

:smiley_joint:

Quitters

Quitters

so i'm wondering how cool they run in a 6" or 8" ac reflector ?

Quitters

Quitters

= More Yield

so anyone of you know how much more yield did a 1500 watt produce over a 1000 ?

L

Lost

I would reccommend it for a hood. I think it is too powerful in vert, unless you have decent spacing and are growing monsters, like 85 inch centers.

I think if you were going to run on light in a Magnum XXXL hood then you would be hard pressed to find a better Ballast.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I am using two of them at the moment, in mag xxxl's, they are dong quite well. There is a lot of heat being produced though I must say, but I will be able to tell the difference in yield from that to a one thousand very soon, I will update this info when I can.

Quitters

Quitters

thx for postings

I am using two of them at the moment, in mag xxxl's, they are dong quite well. There is a lot of heat being produced though I must say, but I will be able to tell the difference in yield from that to a one thousand very soon, I will update this info when I can.

this will be nice to hear yield differences, if i may ask what are you using to cool the lights ?

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

How'd it go?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

How'd it go?

It took a little while to figure out but once I did harvests were very nice, I just would rather stick with 1000's as it is a pain in the ass on the electrical side of things. One of my homies who ran exclusively 15's has had nothing but serious electrical problems, even with professional help.

sixstring

sixstring

why,from the amp draw of the bigger ballasts? how did you manage the heat savanna and what style hoods?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

why,from the amp draw of the bigger ballasts? how did you manage the heat savanna and what style hoods?
Yes I believe the amp draw kept blowing fuses for both him and me, I even had my wiring done by the best electrical company in our town. When I ran them I was lucky to be in the middle of winter. I ran air directly through my lights from the ice cold air outside and was able to cool 12 1000's and 2 1500's with one 12 inch fan just running the opposite direction than most growers do. Really didn't see the worth in continuing them though, but my homie who I sold the lights to claims to be pulling epic harvests with them although I cannot verify that, they are just his claims at the moment......I am not sure if he has electrical problems or not with them.

sixstring

sixstring

yeah I been interested in these since I first saw an add on em,but I figured they must run hot as hell and you would need to mount them pretty high to avoid bleaching problems.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I would rather rock 2 600w fixtures than a master blaster. More watts/lumens don't mean more weight. However it does mean more heat output which correlates to more energy used. Master blasters are a waste of time in my opinion. Better off using new technology such as gavita or ePapaillion. These lights have the highest PAR rating(next to LEPs) and umol/s count (1970-2040)

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

The lights you used were literally street lights? I wonder if using the digital ballast (the master blaster) would be more efficient and less amps somehow since its designed for growing.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I would rather rock 2 600w fixtures than a master blaster. More watts/lumens don't mean more weight. However it does mean more heat output which correlates to more energy used. Master blasters are a waste of time in my opinion. Better off using new technology such as gavita or ePapaillion. These lights have the highest PAR rating(next to LEPs) and umol/s count (1970-2040)
gavitra or epapaillion. Just by using different ballast you can get different par specrum regardless of bulb?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

gavitra or epapaillion. Just by using different ballast you can get different par specrum regardless of bulb?

nope, i was talking about their complete fixtures that run a double ended bulb. Even Gavita's 600's are dope - they rock a single electrode bulb (standard 600w bulb) but they use the philips green power blah blah bulb that has a better "plant friendly" spectrum.

The spectrum i speak of is between 400-700 nanomolues - this is known as PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) which is the only spectrum in lighting that plants utilize. we measure this output by Umols per second (umol/s) << the higher this number, the more plant available light.

In our industry, light companies have prided themselves on lumens - but plants dont use lumens (in a sense) Lumens relate to "candlesticks" which we as humans use to measure the light that WE (not plants) can see. So when it comes to indoor gardening cultivation, its best to use lighting with the highest PAR rating + umol/s rating, NOT lumen output. Increase lumen output translates into heat output which then translates into more energy being used, thats right we spend more $$ on electricity emitting heat from a bulb and dealing with heat issues than we do supplying the right light for our plants. Gavita and ePapillion are the one of the first companys that pride on PAR rating not lumens.

Edit to add: on a side note, since Gavita and ePap have such a high rated PAR, u can use the same fixture/bulb to Veg and Flower because the light spectrum is the closest (imo) that mock the suns spectrum. giving you close to the same spectrum as a MH and HPS put together. Thats right no more veg and flower rooms, more like 3 designated rooms for veg+flower. Hows that for perpetual?

sixstring

sixstring

No they take a double ended bulb that has better spectums and temps, suposedly lol.
Yeah Z, im all about the 600 but the masterblaster claims some 200, 000 lumens.if they get the spectrum dialed onnthat bulb and you used a mover they could be epic imo.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

No they take a double ended bulb that has better spectums and temps, suposedly lol.
Yeah Z, im all about the 600 but the masterblaster claims some 200, 000 lumens.if they get the spectrum dialed onnthat bulb and you used a mover they could be epic imo.

but as i stated above (u may have not read that before i posted it though, took ahwile to type!) Lumens arent necessarily the measurement that you should use when it comes to horticulture. its a false sense that companies jumped on and used it as a selling point. And us as growers tend to jump on the hype and believe that this is they way to go without really looking into the science of spectrum via plants.... trust me, im a victim of this..

Top Bottom