Tank flow rates

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

It's been pointed out that some feel there are problems with flow rates in some tank designs. I did not want to gak up some one elses thread so i thought I would post this here to start a conversation on the subject of tank designs. Suerte JK

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I found higher flow rate and equal flo rate is best In the system I use. 11000 gph what is your option on it jk.
Dre

J

Jalisco Kid

Gph in general is a hard measurement to compare with. I look at turnover rate and pressure/force of water as whats important when I design rdwc. I believe if it takes more then 5 min/turnover the design can be improved on. I like my roots to dance not clump up in some big ball. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Well this thread can be deleted for more space. I saw where someone thought my designs were inadequate. I thought I would give a forum to try and educate me.I guess it was someone who just want to listen to themself. JK

B

broke1

how do you determine the 5 min, is there a equation? Is there a better way to plumb the drains so the roots can dance? Last can you over dance the roots also?

J

Jalisco Kid

The size of your tank and how long it takes to pump.
35 gal tank would need 420 gal going thru per hour. Measure your flow to your tank for one min then multiply by 60 per plant site. gives you a ballpark answer.JK

B

broke1

The size of your tank and how long it takes to pump.
35 gal tank would need 420 gal going thru per hour. Measure your flow to your tank for one min then multiply by 60 per plant site. gives you a ballpark answer.JK

In your aeroponic tanks what is going on in the bottom of the tanks? Basically I am wondering do you have the roots barefoot just shooting out the net cup and reaching the base and let them pile up or something else?

J

Jalisco Kid

My net cups are 4 gal buckets now. I use a lot of water movement. You can have to much pressure on the roots to where they break.In areo they do lie on the bottom with toys. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I use 2 different types of self-cleaning items. overkill maybe but my roots are happier in there then other systems I have seen.

Pahly

Pahly

JK, Is there a relationship to nute strength and flow rates?? It seems to me my plants need lower nute rates when I go from a stand alone bucket into RDWC. Do higher flow rates allow lower ppm??

J

Jalisco Kid

In my bucket I would says yes. Not because of the flow rate but how I use it to get positive side effects.I have seen some try to copy my work but they are not grasping what my designs stive to achive,so they go on lagging or sucking.. JK

DapperDon

DapperDon

Coming from someone that hasn't shown a recent picture about these "awesome tanks" in years, that is a bold statement. Sorry bro, just not buying how great they are. You dodge every question about them, your answers are always cryptic and vague and never give an answer to the questions posed. Then to say you aren't "allowed" to post pictures of them? Come on bro, you are not dealing with idiots and children here. If Wavegem can post photos AND video of his superior new SS tanks actually working rather than some shot of a black box in the middle of a river from 20 years ago, then I think you can too. I seem to remember you getting rather mad about his designs too. I wonder why? I am sure your design was good for what it was back in the day, but I don't hear anyone in the community talking about record breaking harvest numbers from using your tanks that give you some kind of bragging rights over anything else on here.

J

Jalisco Kid

Why don´t you ask a mod then whine to me,as for that guy I was was mad at him for pming me asking for help only to find out he was coping my designs. Ask Cap what the major differences besides material used for the tanks. I would love him to tell me whats original about the thiefs designs.The dude is just an asswipe,I hate punks that lie. As I told him if I am lieing about it I am willing to show those pms if he oks it,but he did not. Same as the thompson the guy who made for tanks for Drdre. He admitted it and I continued to help his design along. As for peple showing my designs,they can´t.You buy design you get 24/7 help, in person if needed. That service is why you have not seen my tanks inside,people value what I had to offer.I have not sold one tank in years to cash croppers. I have friend I gave,traded with that are now retired like me living on tropical beaches. I just noticed wavegem liked your post,fucking punkass bitch. So get boss here to change his mind and I will talk about it. Not that I am sure about Stainless steel but I know movement can create a current in some metals and currents can cause chemicals to drop molecules which I think might fuck with the metal salts.@ squiggly. All the flaws I pointed to frommDD to know none of the owners cared to have an online discussion about them,whys that. My ego is not envolved with my designs, if someone had better ideas I would copy them shamelessly.
As I have told all my customers I can design you a much cheaper sys. only use my tanks if you are ready for them and they match your personality. Because if you are not ready for them you will hit the wall. The growth in these are outrageous,but if you do not have the eyes you plants can die just as quick as they grow. Most people I have seen here try tanks do so for less then 6 months. As I have always said everyones a killer grower until the shit hits the fan.
So dude you have been sniffing around for awhile and have not seemed to pull the trigger. I will give you the best tip I can. Go buy some 20 gal brute trashcans and grow in chow, You will just as happy and probably smoking more bud. Suerte JK

Top Bottom