The Cup Grow Off Official Banter Thread

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I've narrowed it down to two choices for my entry, a cross that I pollen chucked a critical kali mist with super lemon haze fem pollen or a grand daddy purps fem seed I got from mjseeds.nl

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
@ShroomKing has some old skool trickery for ya and i think it may involve h2o2 or bleach :)
I use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 1:10 with RO water for a disinfectant rinse. But I've been trying to pop improperly stored 30 year old plus seeds. So far I'm only getting tap roots and then they dud out.
For new seeds I just soak them in water and into a paper towel.

Peace

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 1:10 with RO water for a disinfectant rinse. But I've been trying to pop improperly stored 30 year old plus seeds. So far I'm only getting tap roots and then they dud out.
For new seeds I just soak them in water and into a paper towel.

Peace
Try needlenose pliers, Ive had seeds sit for a week and not pop and then crack them open with the pliers and they grow out.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Rules

Only colored solo type cups may be used, 16oz or less

As many seeds can be popped as needed to find a keeper/female

Mini hydro is ok to use as long as it is somehow done in a cup

No starting seeds early, all seeds must be started on or after March 15th 2017 and must be harvested on or before July 13th 2017 (120 days)

The media must fit inside of a 16 oz solo cup(no growing roots out the bottom of the cup)

Participants must make a bi-weekly(at least 2x a month) photo journal post to update their plants progress

At the end of the comp everyone participating will have a chance to vote for their top three favorites for a potm type vote(I need help with that part)

I will tally up the participants by reading back through the posts and announce the participants in a post on the 14th.
Im sure I probably missed something so just let me know and I will reiterate
Seems fun to me :D I might pop some sour girl f2s I have.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm going to donate a prize to the winner. Kilo sized og biowar foliar packs. These are fresh, unopened packs. I won them in the POTM contest, but haven't seen the need to use them. So the winner will get this as well as any other prize (if any) from mods. If in the continental USA, free of charge. If outside of the continental USA, winner will pay for shipping.

Quagmire

Quagmire

I would like to see an MRE bag grow too.... its a military thing hahaha
Army brat here, understood... lol

I'm going to donate a prize to the winner. Kilo sized og
A Kilo of OG... wow, you da man.... chit, now I"m entering this.... lol. jk man, and everyone, I modified his post a bit to have fun.. there is no Kilo ok... lol

Man, love the sounds of this contest.. hard to not pick something and play along..
enjoy

Orcaman

Orcaman

Rules

Only colored solo type cups may be used, 16oz or less
So why only colored solo cups? These clear ones were all I could find and I plan to tape the outside with black duct tape. If I can't use this cup I'm out!
DSCN1727

gwheels

gwheels

if you do it again in the summer i would do one in my grow box :). I am going to flip in about 2 to 3 weeks so my tent is out of commission for the cup contest. I think you should do it multiple times :D

And why stop there. What a bout a 1 gallon standard pot contest?

I think this is how my tent got crowded in the first place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom