my first coco n synth too:D
but i can help:cool:
@Wisher619 can you please explain ur flush method. tex has it rockin :badboy:
if he doesnt stop in ill sort ya out after wrk:) gotta run:ninja:

Wisher619

Wisher619

I start my flush 14-21 days before chop/harvest
there are 2 schools of though and they both work
first week you water as normal but with pure H2O ph'd to 5.8 so the plant assimilates the rest of the nutrients in the coco
the next 2 weeks you run pure H2O no ph and allow the plant to break itself down and use up the rest of the mobile nutrients stored in its leaves
or
Flush heavy with a leaching agent
until your runoff reaches close to 0 ppm's
then water like normal with pure H2O until your trichs are ready

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

my first coco n synth too:D
but i can help:cool:
@Wisher619 can you please explain ur flush method. tex has it rockin :badboy:
if he doesnt stop in ill sort ya out after wrk:) gotta run:ninja:

Hey thanks man, really appreciate it.

I start my flush 14-21 days before chop/harvest
there are 2 schools of though and they both work
first week you water as normal but with pure H2O ph'd to 5.8 so the plant assimilates the rest of the nutrients in the coco
the next 2 weeks you run pure H2O no ph and allow the plant to break itself down and use up the rest of the mobile nutrients stored in its leaves
or
Flush heavy with a leaching agent
until your runoff reaches close to 0 ppm's
then water like normal with pure H2O until your trichs are ready

Alright, sounds like a plan. I like the method of using plain ph'd water for a couple weeks over using any leaching agent. Don't want to have to move the plants as they are a bit cumbersome. The ph coming from my filtered water is right around 7.5-8.0. Do you think this is still good the last week or two? Looking to reuse the coco/perilite mix afterwords too. Do you reuse your mix? Thanks @Wisher619

Wisher619

Wisher619

Hey thanks man, really appreciate it.

Alright, sounds like a plan. I like the method of using plain ph'd water for a couple weeks over using any leaching agent. Don't want to have to move the plants as they are a bit cumbersome. The ph coming from my filtered water is right around 7.5-8.0. Do you think this is still good the last week or two? Looking to reuse the coco/perilite mix afterwords too. Do you reuse your mix? Thanks @Wisher619
water sounds fine
I dont reuse because by the time I am done there is no more coco

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

water sounds fine
I dont reuse because by the time I am done there is no more coco
Right on, all roots by the end huh? For the next round, thinking about flowering in the 3 gal pots I veg with. Aiming for 6-8 oz plants about 4-5' tall and 2' wide in a scrog. Does this sound doable? Still wary of the small pots in flower, as I'm so used to soil grows.

bicky studs

bicky studs

i was considering reusing my coco till i got on this 1gal buzz. fill the pot n turbo feed.
its really hard for me to source but i figured using less in smaller pots i can probly last just as long as reusing in bigger pots

Wisher619

Wisher619

Right on, all roots by the end huh? For the next round, thinking about flowering in the 3 gal pots I veg with. Aiming for 6-8 oz plants about 4-5' tall and 2' wide in a scrog. Does this sound doable? Still wary of the small pots in flower, as I'm so used to soil grows.
I have grown 6' plants in 1gal pots
3 gal will be more than enough
but you will have to switch over to automated watering if you havnt already
and you should be running every feed till there is about 10% runoff
that way you are constantly pushing out salts and keeping the roots well oxygenated

a cycle timer works well as you can set it to feed for say 10sec every hour or 20 sec every 2 hours
by the end of the day your feed will be pushing out the old with runoff
this is pure hydroponics
you can use a catch basin or you can route the waste to the garden via pvc etc
I use my waste on my outdoor plants...works great

Last edited:
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

The watering system is automated and in the utility room of the shed. Now I just need to setup flood tables in the flowering room after this next harvest. Liking coco more and more.
100 5918

Shots from the Quantum Board 288 trial. All Purple Storm
Day 1
100 5978

Day 14
100 6092

stonestacker

stonestacker

Things are coming along in the shed. Should take down a crop next week and have another ready to take its place. These fungus gnats have been kicking my ass though, but I think I may have knocked them back a bit tonight.

All the recent batches got top dressed with Neem meal at about 4-5 tbs per container.
View attachment 675352

From this:
View attachment 675339
To this:
View attachment 675340
Then cased with Perilite to see if that helps. I'm also using gnatrol and sticky traps.

View attachment 675342
The Moondawgs are stacking nicely and it seems the defoliation group may have tighter nodes..
View attachment 675344

Purple Storm stacking like a champion.
View attachment 675343

I also did a fertilizer spike tonight, which consists of me poking three 6-8'' holes with a index finger size stick into the soil. Then pouring some organic 6-8-4 fert mix into the holes. I'll take some pics of that next time I do it.

Purple Storm day 49
View attachment 675353
I must admit I only read the first page so far. How did the neem cake work out for you? I just started adding it to my coco @ 1 tbls per 2 gallons of coco. Fungus gnats have been my achilles heel. I think they come from my ewc. I run dtw so perfect enviro for the little bastards. Also just started using nematodes and beneficial mites.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I must admit I only read the first page so far. How did the neem cake work out for you? I just started adding it to my coco @ 1 tbls per 2 gallons of coco. Fungus gnats have been my achilles heel. I think they come from my ewc. I run dtw so perfect enviro for the little bastards. Also just started using nematodes and beneficial mites.

The neem had a minimal affect on the fungus gnats. My protocol now includes using broken up bti dunks monthly sprinkled evenly onto the base of containers. Using the sticky traps with the metal stand, and if the adult populations get out of hand I spray those bastards with pyrethrin based sprays very other day until they're gone.

Let me know how the nematodes and beneficial mites work out. Interesting to see. I've got Lady bugs throughout my grow right now, and things seem to be somewhat in balance. I'm liking the idea of running totally synthetic for a while just to give it a whirl, no real organic matter for them to feed on besides the coco, so looking forward to all the soil being back outside.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

100 6107

Just bumped up my veg room to 2 feeds a day with runoff and the girls are taking off big time. Tipping all the highest growth to get the bushy factor up.
100 6128

Moon Dawg is staying real short for some reason, but has tons of shoots and a very nice base...
100 6130

Lower on Kimbo Kush #5 @day 42
100 6131

Fat and Happy :)
100 6109

100 6113

Just as frosty and terpy as the TLO soil was imo. KK#8 @ day 42
100 6123

Thinking about starting flush on day 46. Any objections?

stonestacker

stonestacker

The neem had a minimal affect on the fungus gnats. My protocol now includes using broken up bti dunks monthly sprinkled evenly onto the base of containers. Using the sticky traps with the metal stand, and if the adult populations get out of hand I spray those bastards with pyrethrin based sprays very other day until they're gone.

Let me know how the nematodes and beneficial mites work out. Interesting to see. I've got Lady bugs throughout my grow right now, and things seem to be somewhat in balance. I'm liking the idea of running totally synthetic for a while just to give it a whirl, no real organic matter for them to feed on besides the coco, so looking forward to all the soil being back outside.
I run coco, the gnats love it. It's always wet they feed on the roots. It's been 2 weeks since I first applied the good bugs. Time to change out the stickies But I don't see them around like before.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Day 49 for the first run of coco. Ran recharge for the last time on day 46 with plain water, and water only till harvest.
100 6159

KK #5
100 6149

100 6150

Ceasar #5 aka knuckles
100 6163
She's purpling right at the tip of each bud.
100 6162

Ceasar #2 aka (Mortgage Lyfter)
100 6154

100 6147

Ceasar #4
100 6148

KK #8
100 6151

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Some shots of the Purple Storm with individual scrogs on Day 24. A couple of these are growing strong enough to push the tomato cage out of the coco. Completely filled this 4x4, which only really has reflective walls on 2 sides. I would expect better yields in a tent. This run is a test of the HLG 550 clone that I put together. So far they are crushing. The canopy depth is about 18'' with plants a little over 3' tall. Keeping the light around 14-16'' off the top of the canopy, and getting good penetration.

100 6139

100 6143

100 6140

100 6144

100 6141

Looking for 150g plants if things keep going well. Glad I've got these isolated for a test to see whats good with the quantum boards.

Veg ready to take the torch and run the race.
100 6135

100 6134

100 6137

Top Bottom