The War on Medical Marijuana in MI Super Thread, NEWS,BUST,LAWS <<<<Updated Often>>>>

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
This is where I will posting all my rants, News Stories and everything else I find about Michigan MMJ and Please Feel Free to post away also..

Here are some PICS to get me started
The  war on medical marijuana in mi super thread newsbustlaws  updated often
Mmma rally1
The  war on medical marijuana in mi super thread newsbustlaws  updated often 3

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Narcotics task force finds 424 marijuana plants at Ecorse home
Bilde 2
Bilde 3

Detectives found marijuana plants in various stages of growth stretching from the basement all the way to three upstairs bedrooms. (Michigan State Police)

Ecorse — A narcotics task force has arrested two men and confiscated 424 marijuana plants valued between $600,000 and $900,000 Wednesday after raiding a home.
According to the Downriver Area Narcotics Organization (DRANO), the raid came after the organization received a tip about a growing operation at a house in the 4200 block of Seventh Street.

Detectives tried to make contact with the occupants of the home who refused to answer the door of the two-story residence.

After obtaining a search warrant, detectives found marijuana plants in various stages of growth stretching from the basement all the way to three upstairs bedrooms.

According to reports, the ganja gardeners used a highly sophisticated and elaborate electrical and plant feeding system to cultivate the plants.

Two suspects, including a 32-year-old Dearborn man and a 28-year-old Detroit man, were arrested at the scene. They were released pending further lab analysis by the Michigan State Police and a charging decision by the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

DRANO is a multi-jurisdictional task force consisting of officers from the Michigan State Police as well as Taylor, Southgate, Ecorse and Romulus police departments.

Citizens can anonymously report narcotics activity to DRANO at (734) 285-4674.

From The Detroit News:

Last edited:
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Man arrested after poaching and marijuana operation reported
P0772911

IRON RIVER -- A 26-year-old Iron River man has been arrested for allegedly killing a deer illegally and operating a marijuana growing operation.

A Michigan conservation officer conducting a routine patrol of Ice Lake on February 16 discovered a subject with too many fishing lines. After investigating the subject, the officer reported claims that an antlerless deer was taken without proper license.

The officer reported finding drug activity and paraphernalia in the suspect's ice shanty. When the officer arrived at the suspect's house to collect the deer, he reported discovering a marijuana growing operation.

The Department of Natural Resources says 33 plants were seized in the investigation. The suspect was arrested on a fishing violation and warrants are being sought regarding the deer and marijuana violations.

germinator

germinator

AG.....He has gone out of his way to conspire with judges and leo against this act of the people. Can't wait to vote that csmf out of office. They all gotta go, if they no longer represent the people. Thomas Jeffersons fears realized.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
AG.....He has gone out of his way to conspire with judges and leo against this act of the people. Can't wait to vote that csmf out of office. They all gotta go, if they no longer represent the people. Thomas Jeffersons fears realized.
The time and money that the state AG has spent on closing Clubs, chasing around Parents with MMJ Cards that have children Its just been to much for me to set back and watch, I try to keep all my Friends and Family members informed as to what B/S bills are being passed and all the other shit that never seems to stop with these guys.

germinator

germinator

The time and money that the state AG has spent on closing Clubs, chasing around Parents with MMJ Cards that have children Its just been to much for me to set back and watch, I try to keep all my Friends and Family members informed as to what B/S bills are being passed and all the other shit that never seems to stop with these guys.
I always read your stuff and appreciate your information. Your always on top of the issues. We gotta vote our guys in and these crazies out. First here in Mitten then the country.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Michigan Representative Supports States Rights On Marijuana Policy

In our ongoing effort to chart the attitudes and voting records of Michigan’s elected officials, The Compassion Chronicles occasionally published letters sent by legislators to their constituents. This letter was sent to longtime cannabis advocate and former Executive Director of the Michigan chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, Rev. Steven Thompson (no relation to author) from Dan Benishek, a physician who represents Michigan in the US House of Representatives.
Uncle Sam 300x300

In the letter Rep. Banishek states he supports the state medical marijuana program while expressing reservations about decriminalization of marijuana. Despite being “unconvinced” about decriminalization, the Representative had this refreshing take on states rights in relation to adult use of marijuana:

“In my judgment, the federal government is prohibited from interfering with state health and safety laws, which properly reflect the will of citizens of the various states. If citizens of a state vote to allow the recreational use of marijuana, I believe the federal government should respect this decision,” Rep. Benishek wrote.

Rep. Benishek represents the 1st District in Michigan. That area includes the entire Upper Peninsula and most of the Lower Peninsula north of Kalkaska.

Mentioned in the letter is Rep. Benishek’s co-sponsorship of HR 1523, the “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013″. That legislation would amend the federal Controlled Substances Act to exempt persons acting in compliance with state laws relating to the production, possession, distribution, dispensation, administration, or delivery of marijuana from federal penalty.

HR 1523 was introduced on April 12, 2013, by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R- CA) with 5 co-sponsors- including Michigan Representative Justin Amash (D- 3rd District). Within two weeks the bill picked up ten additional co-sponsors, and Rep. Benishek was among them. The bill currently has 23 co-sponsors, but only 5 Republicans have put their name on the bill.

The letter:

Dear Rev.Steven B.:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with me regarding the federal prohibition of marijuana. As your elected representative, I appreciate the opportunity to learn your views .

While I am in favor of allowing Americans to use marijuana for legitimate medical purposes without fear of criminal prosecution, I remain unconvinced that the full decriminalization of marijuana is good public policy. With that said, however, I am a firm supporter of the principle of federalism as written in the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: powers not granted to the federal government nor prohibited to the states by the Constitution are reserved, respectively, to the states or the people.

For this reason, I have decided to cosponsor H.R. 1523, the “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013″. This bill was introduced by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher on April 12, 2013, and prohibits the federal government from prosecuting those who are acting in accordance with their state’s marijuana laws.

In my judgment, the federal government is prohibited from interfering with state health and safety laws, which properly reflect the will of citizens of the various states. If citizens of a state vote to allow the recreational use of marijuana, I believe the federal government should respect this decision.

The “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013″ has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary and the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Although I do not serve on either of these committees, should this measure come to the House floor for a vote, be assured I will keep your support in mind.Again, thank you for taking the time to share with me your opinion—I value hearing from you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or a member of my staff at 202-225-4735.

Sincerely,
Dan Benishek M. D.
Member of Congress

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Scot Granke, former Paw Paw teacher, sentenced to jail time in medical marijuana case
Scot granke in court 6b2ea981b9674b17
Scot granke in court 3304e05c3d5e8957
Scot granke in court b451e1019cdc79de

PAW PAW, MI
-- Scot Granke, a former Paw Paw Middle School teacher accused of violating his license to grow medical marijuana, was sentenced Monday to three weekends in jail in a plea-bargain agreement that dropped the drug charges.

Granke also will pay $868 in fines under a sentence handed down by Van Buren County Circuit Court Judge Kathleen Brickley.

Brickley opted for jail despite a sentencing report that recommended a sentence of one day in jail with credit of one day already served.

"You had in your possession the trust of children and parents," Brickley said about sending Granke to jail. "It's unfortunate you choose the paths" that led Granke to court.

After the hearing, Granke and his lawyer, Caleb Grimes of South Haven, said they were surprised at the sentence.

"There was no evidence that children had anything to do with this case," Grimes said, noting that Granke had a legal license to grow medical marijuana and there was no indication that operation affected his job at Paw Paw middle school.

"I make medicine, that's all I do," Granke said. "My patients don't get high. They get a treatment for their ailments."

Granke grew marijuana in a barn outside his Bangor home, and served five patients.

Last summer, Granke and his wife, Marlene, were in the midst of a contentious divorce and custody battle, according to court testimony at Granke's preliminary examination in December.

He moved out of the house in June and largely stopped caring for the marijuana plants.

By August, many of the plants were yellowed and dying, and the hashish butter that Granke made for his patients was infested with mites.

But that month, Marlene Granke told Michigan State Police that Granke might be violating his medical marijuana license in terms of the number of plants.

Trooper Evan Hauger and Lt. Tim Blanksford found 66 plants, 18 more than Granke's license allowed, and a pound of possessed marijuana, when the maximum Granke is allowed is 15 ounces, Lt. Kevin Wiley testified at an October court hearing to obtain an arrest warrant for Granke.

The hashish butter, which was not allowed under the medical marijuana law, and four unregistered handguns were found, Wiley testified at that hearing.

In January, the drug and weapon charges were dropped and Granke pleaded guilty to being a school employee who failed to report a felony arrest to his employer, a high-court misdemeanor.

Paw Paw Public Schools put Granke on administrative leave in August, after they were informed by Marlene Granke about the police raid, Scot Granke told Brickley on Monday.

In October, he arraigned on the felony drug charges.

Under Michigan law, school employees are required to self-report a criminal arraignment on any felony charges within three business days. Granke said Paw Paw learned about the felony charges from the media.

Granke resigned from his Paw Paw teaching job in December. He said he is now looking for work.

Delerium

Delerium

Dude I been here too long, And I have come to realize that Michigan will turn around and be a thriving state but not in my lifetime. For this reason I am seriously looking to moving to Florida. I have family there and I know things are also fucked up there but not as bad has Michigan.
Convoy back down south, I'm with ya bro. I-75 the whole way down.

Delerium

Delerium

I lived in Miami for 5 years I still regret coming back to this place...But I made the mistake and bought this house in 2000 now its not worth shit. I am stuck
Bank everything and if Fla goes medical in Nov, pay off the D house and boogey back down south. I miss Alligator Alley no pot holes.
Snow was great this winter, all the potholes were full of ice.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Well, I have a promising story to share. On the 4th of July last year we were pulled over for" 5 miles over the speed limit". A ticket was given.
On the 5th were pulled over by the same pig reporting I had a loud exaust which was bullshit. Asked if there was anything illegal in the truck. After sayng no, he says my wifes DEMEANOR was different and he was calling in a dog to search around the car. So, I volunteered I was a med patient, unlocked the glove box and gave him my choice nugz of White Urkel(bastards!) and a small glass bowls. I had just got off work and slipped some sweeat pants on foorgetting my wallet which had my card. Needless to say they wouldn't take my word, lol. So I went to jail and bonded right out for $2000.
Went to the courthouse to present my valid ID and MMP Card and wasn't even allowed past the "security" chump at the door to even speak to the clerk, to pass this info to the prosecutor. Maybe they wouldn't have to WASTE taxpayers money, spending one more minute of attempting to prosecute me when my crd says I've been legal since 7/2009 and will be till mid 2015

Top Bottom