The War on Medical Marijuana in MI Super Thread, NEWS,BUST,LAWS <<<<Updated Often>>>>

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Ended up having to wait until my Preliminary hearing and of course getting a damn lawyer. A great guy who unfortunately has MS and artheritis very badly. He's wheelchair bound. He looked at my cards, gave me a smerk and he'd be right back. Fucker came out of the prosecutors office with DISMISSAL PAPERS! Totally dismissed WITH prejudice!
Ogemaw County in Mi, will stop at nothing to prosecute MMP patients/caregivers. Stating in court that he, still will treat poss of marijuana illegal reguardless of state law and its still illegal on the federal level. And that's what he's going by. Definitely made take my family and my money to another County. I don't understand how Schutte pulled the rug out from underneath the disensary owners feet. Its plain as hell that the MMP has helped working toward redemption in our giant finacial fiasco in Michigan. I don't see that ASS CLOWN getting another term as AG. He needs to go now, shit....
Yea but up north, the courts dismissing a case would never happen. They'll over charge you off the top and make you feel like you getta deal when you end up pleaing guilty for improper transportation or 1st possesion misdemeanor. And of course all the fines, costs and your Driver's License!
But yesterdays dismissal was hope. A light at the end of the tunnel. And I found a new patient! Lol.
Nevertheless I feel it was a small win for the community.
Schutte will endup catching the buse home and hopefully the next AG will be a smarter business man with compassion for people who obviously need medications and are trying to use a gift from God instead of chemically, sythetic drugs that do unspeakable things to you after long periods of useage. Pisses me off he's moving backwards with the movement and not more supportive. He obviously don't care about the People, not their well being. Just like any prosecutor, all he cares about are CONVICTIONS. Regardless if its the right suspect or not. Or if its right or wrong. The "appearance" that they are"cleaning up the streets" is bullshit when they keep fucking with harmless, sick MMP patients.
"To protect and serve". Haha. "To harrass and intimidate" is alot better description!
Quest

ps
Nice thread bro.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

People who have skin in the game shoulda spent some $$ and time tryin to get this slowed down...but pretty hard to do with the way politics are done up here. I've just about resigned myself to be moved by the time my card expires in a lil less that 2 years...FUCK THIS PLACE!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Bank everything and if Fla goes medical in Nov, pay off the D house and boogey back down south. I miss Alligator Alley no pot holes.
Snow was great this winter, all the potholes were full of ice.

Got my eye on Fla and NC...if either pass any descent MMJ Legislation I'll be movin my happy, redneck ass back down south and give a big FUCK YOU to MI as I leave. Move 850 miles, buy a house, spend literally 10,s of thousands in the economy up here...for the Repbulican asshole politicians to say "fuck the people of MI and what they want" and try to dismantle the '08 law one step at a time. Some of these new laws will eventually be overturned by the MI Surpreme court, esp the one delaing with rental properties as their will inevitably be some type of discrimination case sooner or later. We shall see folks...we shall see. MGG

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I want to put serious hands on this states government. I mean that in the most disrespectful, violent way possible.

The past year is the first time in my life iv actually strongly considered moving permanently out of state. My family moved to Florida last year and I'm probably gonna do the same. This place is fuuuuuucked son

Delerium

Delerium

Got my eye on Fla and NC...if either pass any descent MMJ Legislation I'll be movin my happy, redneck ass back down south and give a big FUCK YOU to MI as I leave. Move 850 miles, buy a house, spend literally 10,s of thousands in the economy up here...for the Repbulican asshole politicians to say "fuck the people of MI and what they want" and try to dismantle the '08 law one step at a time. Some of these new laws will eventually be overturned by the MI Surpreme court, esp the one delaing with rental properties as their will inevitably be some type of discrimination case sooner or later. We shall see folks...we shall see. MGG
I want to put serious hands on this states government. I mean that in the most disrespectful, violent way possible.

The past year is the first time in my life iv actually strongly considered moving permanently out of state. My family moved to Florida last year and I'm probably gonna do the same. This place is fuuuuuucked son
Real fucked when they did that cease and desist shit to the dispensaries last year, private clubs are the only way to go with privately owned property.
Stuff that ticks me off is no one is supposed to force you to do anything in this country, seemed that social experiments is struggling.
Fucked cuz global citizens have contributed life liberty tax dollars on this war on drugs, now the gov milked the tit and and is going dry.
So what is the new shit? We pay taxes again at the register and now it is "legal". They got it on both ends. What did American Citizens get? SHiT is what. :eek:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
The Cannabis Stakeholder's Group Steering Committee Meeting
-Finalizing Members of the Steering Committee

Welcoming: Bill Zaagman of GCSI
-Discussing house & Senate Bill Statuses

When: February 28, 2014 Time: 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Where: Radison Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
111 N. Grand Ave Lansing, MI 48933

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Michigan Senate moves to let landlords ban growing, smoking medical marijuana
14256672 mmmain

A marijuana leaf (MLive file photo)

LANSING, MI -- Michigan landlords would have greater authority to prohibit tenants from smoking or growing medical marijuanaunder legislation advanced Tuesday by the state Senate.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. Rick Jones (R-Grand Ledge) and approved in a 31-7 vote, would codify a 2011 opinion issues by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette, who said that hotel, motel or apartment building owners can ban the use of medical marijuana without violating the state's voter-approved law.

Medical marijuana patients would be prohibited from growing or smoking the drug in violation of a written prohibition by their landlord under the bill. Michigan's public health code makes marijuana use a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in prison and/or a $100 fine, according to a Senate Fiscal Agency analysis of the legislation.

Jones, who requested the opinion from Schuette back in 2011, said landlords in his district have complained about medical marijuana patients who damaged rental units, tipped over grow lights and create unpleasant odors for neighbors.

"I had a call just a few days ago from an owner who was leasing a house," said Jones. "He came back, they had cut holes in the walls, they had turned it into an entire greenhouse. There was moisture in the walls. Everything was damaged."

State Sen. Rebekah Warren (D-Ann Arbor) voted against the legislation after the Republican majority shot down her proposed amendment seeking to tie-bar the bill to a House-approved measure designed to legalize various forms of edible medical marijuana.

"Pot brownies" are not a usable form of the drug allowed under law, according to a recent decision by the Michigan Court of Appeals, which essentially banned "medibles" and other non-smokable forms of the drug.

"If the argument today really is that we want people to be able to take their medicine but not smoke in property they don't own, there's something this body could do about it," Warren said.

Jones indicated he has no problem with the edibles proposal -- "it's probably much safer than smoking it and getting cancer," he said -- but argued that the bills are unrelated and should not be linked. Senate Majority Leader Richardville (R-Monroe) said he may hold a hearing on dispensary and edible medical marijuana legislation as soon as next week.

While contract law allows property owners to ban unwanted behaviors, including as cigarette smoking or pet ownership, some landlords say they have been unsure whether the same rules apply for medical marijuana, which is used to treat health conditions they cannot always ask about.

Michelle Foley, who manages a townhouse community in Ann Arbor, recently told lawmakers that she has had two residents use their basements to grow medical marijuana. While she did not try to terminate their lease, she did not allow them to renew. Still, the "pungent odor" lingered long after one tenant left.

"We had to replace the carpeting throughout and we rented a commercial size ozone machine for five days," Foley said, explaining that she spent an extra $280 cleaning the unit and lost out on roughly $1,900 in rent in the process. "The odor was still present so we had to have the ducts cleaned."

While one notable marijuana advocate has downplayed concerns with the legislation, several others spoke out during a committee hearing last month, suggesting the bill would erode patient protections and potentially lead to criminal penalties for behavior currently protected by the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act of 2008.

"These immunities were intended to protect patients in their employment, driving and housing, but all three protections have been squandered at one point or another," said Thomas Lavigne, an attorney with the Cannabis Counsel in Detroit. "The state's dishonest administration of the medical marijuana law, in every branch of government, proves that it lacks the compassion needed to administer such a law in practice."

Denise Pollicella, a Howell attorney who has represented medical marijuana patients and landlords, said she agreed that property owners need wide berth to evict tenants who are causing damage but argued that the bill would have unintended consequences.

"This bill would truly made de facto police officers out of landlords and insert criminal penalties into what is currently consumer contract," Pollicella said. "By removing protections of the Medical Medical Marihuana Act, you are telling them they are no longer patients or caregivers, and that places them squarely into our public health code as simply drug users at that point."

Senate Bill 783 now heads to the House for consideration.

Delerium

Delerium

It is like taking a black eye from some other assholes stupidity and ignorance.
You don't fuck someone else's shit up, bottom-line.
Be responsible for your actions. You cut a hole you better fix it or hire a carpenter.
This just messes people with tents some closet action going on.
Mo Mo's that rent out a house and blow out every room and leave it in shambles thinking they are ballers.
Just scumbags IMO.
The landlord should take them to civil court not leave it up to government regulations.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Officers Search Home; Arrest One In Medical Marijuana Growing Operation
Med

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (March 5 2014) — One person is arrested with the possibility of more arrests to come after law enforcement surround a home that was said to be illegally growing drugs.

The Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team got a tip that the home, located in the 3000 block of Dean Lake Road, had a medical marijuana growing operation inside.

They arrested one person and were told another person with outstanding warrants was still inside.

The Michigan State Police Bomb Squad was called out and searched the home with their robot. Officers had to shut down part of the Dean Lake Road between 3 and 4 Mile while they did their search.

“When we got inside, we determined it was medical marijuana grow operation.” explained Lt. Al Roetman with the Kent County SHeriff’s Department.

“The person we had in custody claims to have their cards and are a caregiver so we will investigate to see where that goes from here.”

Officers said there was never any threat to neighbors.

The investigation continues. Law enforcement said medical marijuana is a huge issue for them; one that definitely keeps them busy.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Anti-Marijuana SB 783 Passes In Michigan Senate
Posted by Rick Thompson at 6:40 AM on March 5, 2014Medical Marijuana PolicyAdd comments

LANSING- SB 783, the highly controversial bill that proposes to amend the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act to prevent some uses of medical marijuana on a person’s own property, has passed the Senate by a vote of 31 – 7.

The bill was introduced February 12. A Committee hearing took place just one week after introduction, a fast track in the world of legislation. The full Senate vote took place before noon on March 4. Robin Schneider, legislative liaison for the National Patients Rights Association, said the bill passed “without amendments.” An effort to tie the progress of SB 783 to another bill that would amend the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMA) was offered by Sen. Kowall, but was easily defeated 10-27.

SB 783 proposes two changes to the Marihuana Act (MMA): it would prevent smoking of marijuana on private property anywhere the activity could be seen by others and would allow landlords to prohibit smoking or growing of marijuana by their tenants, if the prohibition is written into the lease.

Since the MMA was a voter-directed initiative it requires a supermajority vote in the House and Senate for any amendments to pass. Three-quarters of all Senators and House Reps would have to approve the measure before it could be sent to Gov. Snyder for a vote, and that meant at least 29 Senators had to accept SB 783. 31 of them did.

The language of the bill states:

Section 7(b)3(b): “This act does not permit any person to… smoke marihuana… in any public place, which includes any portion of private property open to the public.”

Section 7(b)3(c): ”This act does not permit any person to… smoke marihuana… on private property, in violation of a prohibition established by the property owner.”

Section 7(c) 3: “Nothing in this Act shall construed to require… a private property owner to lease residential property to any person who smokes or cultivates marihuana on the premises, if the prohibition against smoking or cultivating marihuana is in the written lease.”

Read the bill’s most recent version HERE.

The bill was authored by Senator Rick Jones (R- Grand Ledge), a man known for his disdain for the MMA. Jones has consistently maintained that the MMA should be reserved for only those individuals on death’s door and that the majority of registered, certified, card-holding Michiganders who participate in the MMA program are not legitimate users.

In the past Jones has offered bills to remove glaucoma from the list of conditions which qualify one for use of medical marijuana and the prohibition of marijuana clubs.

A summary of all legislation introduced that would alter the rules for medical marijuana patients in Michigan, since 2009:

Source: TheCompassionChronicles.Com

About Rick Thompson
3025057af8284c98eaa9fe639bec0de1
"Rick Thompson was the Editor in Chief for the entire 2-year run of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine, was the spokesman for the Michigan Association of Compassion Centers and is the current Editor and Lead Blogger for The Compassion Chronicles. Rick has addressed committees in both the House and Senate, has authored over 200 articles on marijuana and is a professional photographer."Rick Thompson Is An Author At The Compassion Chronicles and focuses on all things Michigan.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Medical Marijuana Grow Operation Targeted; Woman Detained Speaks to FOX 17

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/03/06/m...oman-detained-speaks-to-fox-17/#ixzz2vIGBXRPf

KENT COUNTY, Mich. (March 6, 2014) — A raid on a Grand Rapids Township home shut down part of the neighborhood Wednesday morning.

For 3 and a half hours, there was a strong presence by law enforcement on Dean Lake Avenue near 3 Mile Road.

That presence was a concerning sight for neighbors and anyone passing by, as many people reached out to FOX 17 and wondered what was going on. Police said a “strong tip” led them to execute a search warrant at a home on the 3000 block of Dean Lake.

That house contains a marijuana grow operation.

A person believed to be inside the home at the time has outstanding warrants. Today, FOX 17 visited the home to check in with the homeowner to find out what went down.

She agreed to talk to us on the condition we conceal her identity.

“They came at my door at seven in the morning yesterday, pounding on the door, screaming ‘search warrant, search warrant,’” the homeowner said.

She said she’s a caregiver for three medical marijuana patients, and she’s a patient herself. She said she suffers from several illnesses. The woman showed FOX 17 her cards and all the dates are current.

Wednesday morning, investigators said they detained her and placed her in the back of a cruiser as a suspect. Meantime, they sent a robot into her home to search for a second person.

“They were screaming at me about this guy that was here, who was not here, and kept telling me, screaming at me, telling me I was lying,” she said.

However, that part of her story doesn’t fit with what the Kent County undersheriff had to say.

“One of our suspects came out willingly. The other one went and hid in the house somewhere. We don’t know where,” Undersheriff Jon Hess said.

Hess said the Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (KANET) was behind the raid.

“We believe it was a medical marijuana grower that had exceeded the number of plants that was allowable by law,” Hess explained.

By state law, she can have up to 12 plants per patient. There are four patients, including herself. So she can have up to 48 plants.

“I never carry the full 48. I think I probably have 40 or under. I’m always within count,” she said.

However, it’s apparent that law enforcement believes otherwise. The homeowner is upset that so many agencies showed up to her home and wondered why that level of force was used on a marijuana grow operation.

Hess said the Michigan State Police robot had trouble navigating the home and couldn’t find the man inside. An officer hadn’t gone inside.

“So we had to make a decision whether it was safe enough for the officers and for everyone, and really worth going inside now. We determined it was not a safe situation and left without going in and actually seeing what kind of operation was going on,” she said.

The woman would not show us her plants. She said she is following the law. She has no criminal background.

She acknowledges that she does know the guy that detectives are looking for, but she would not say who he is. The sheriff’s department continues to investigate.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/03/06/m...oman-detained-speaks-to-fox-17/#ixzz2vIG1Q8MQ

Top Bottom