Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Its decided, I bought clones from a flowering mother but before budding unless they removed them. Some of the leaves even have trichomes on them, very little though. When you rub it it smells like a flowering plant. The one good thing is I'm monster cropping even though I didn't decide on that course of action.

Another thing that's happening, maybe because there is no substrate. The clones that are taking off are growing only a few roots but they're about 1 1/2 feet.

H

heisen

Its decided, I bought clones from a flowering mother but before budding unless they removed them. Some of the leaves even have trichomes on them, very little though. When you rub it it smells like a flowering plant. The one good thing is I'm monster cropping even though I didn't decide on that course of action.

Another thing that's happening, maybe because there is no substrate. The clones that are taking off are growing only a few roots but they're about 1 1/2 feet.
That sucks.they prob do it cause plants will stay shorter longer and not really grow when reverting back to veg.they can keep clones on the shelf stagnant for longer.
I've done it to cuts I didnt wanna run right away.just take the cut from a flowering mom and it will sit forevor

S

Shawnery

First my plants roots became very brown after adding the compost tea but it was only organic matter adhering to the roots. I sprayed them with water and removed all the particles and the next day they are much more white.

Another good thing I assume? My ph has stayed steady at 6.12. My epi center smells like a mix between a perfectly running fish tank and compost tea. There's no slime or frothing in the nutrient solution but the bubbles have much higher surface tension.

So far so good but it's only been a few days. I still think that if I have a colony forming then I should be able to feed the bacteria instead of brewing more tea, wouldn't it be a similar process of seeding compost tea?

S

Shawnery

FAIL!!!

Didn't work! Got white slime on roots in first right bucket in line from epicenter. I waited to see if the good bacteria would fight it but no go. A couple hours later the first left bucket was getting it.

I have neoprene collars on my net cups so I filled up a tote with fresh water and 10ml of 3% h202, only have store bought, per gallon. Put an airstone in there and letting it bath in disinfectant for an hour.

Filled the system with 700ml, 70 gallon system, of h202 and letting it sit for an hour and kill off everything in there. Then I'll clean out the system with fresh water and clean and fill a couple times. Then I'll fill it up with 70 gallons of water and 400ml of h202.

Put the plants back in after all is done and then in 3 days later when h202 has completely dissipated I'll add some of GFF, which is a cheaper stronger version of hydroguard.

H

heisen

H202 wont clean it,airstones already put all that crap up in your stuff.woulda just hosed off all the roots and cleaned out the system with bleach and refilled,added 4ml per gallon of hydroguard and let it rip.stop overthinking it bro.just add hydroguard and be done with it.so you really wanna cook bennies every 2 days and worry about all that organic ahit in your res.
I've given you the perfect recipe and setup on a silver platter.all you gotta do is run with it

S

Shawnery

I just wanted to give it a shot and see what happened and I did. It didn't work and the lesson is learned. Basically you and I have the same recipe except I also ran h202.

To really get it clean I sprayed non-diluted h202 on every surface after hosing everything off with high pressure water. Then i ran about 2 times the full capacity of water through the system. After this I sprayed everything down again with h202.

After spraying everything down with h202 I and putting 600ml of h202 into the system I refilled it. Put the nutrients back in at a lower dose just incase there's any shock. Ph'd the system let it run for 30 minutes and then put the girls back in.

I know the h202 won't kill it but it will get it under control until I get the Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide. I picked this over Hydroguard because instead of being over 98% inert it's under 2% inert and the price is fantastic.

Once I inoculate with the GFF I'm hoping this will get me back to square one.

Really it's not that bad because this is what I expected from my readings but I had to give it s shot. Honestly until it went bad it was really good. The good plants grew like hotcakes and you could see the increase in nutrient uptake because of tip burn.

LESSON LEARNED!!!

H

heisen

That southern ag isn't the same,been there done that.plus theres a big ass thread on it somewhere it's a different kind of bacillus that was jacking up peoples grows.
It's your grow man you do what you want.ima start watching you and maybe pick up on something I'm missing.

S

Shawnery

I read up some on it and on the label it states it's the same exact fungicide. What I read and I'll keep reading about it is that you need to dilute it at 20:1 with water and then the dosage is 1ml per gal. I did read that there were issues but most likely came from dosages.

The below is copied from their labels,

Hydroguard: bacillus amylolquefaciens 0.038%
inert ingredients 99.962%
Recommended usage: 2ml/gal

Southern Ag: bacillus amylolquefaciens 98.85%
inert ingredients 1.15%...

I just don't understand, besides percentages, what could possibly be different if they state the exact same?

Not arguing just openly discussing and debating is all.

H

heisen

That stuff has an experation and the concentrated stuff has no shelf life from what I understand.supposed to be hydroguard is set up to last in a hydro environment as the other stuff dont

H

heisen

From another site

I tried the Southern Ag vs Hydroguard and the Southern Ag does not seem as concentrated at all.
Hydroguard performed better.

I did a little research and they are not the same strain of bacillus amyloliquefaciens.
Also it is not possible for a bottle of liquid to be98.85% bacillus amylolquefaciens.

Just Google that and go to page 2.i wouldnt fuk around man.go sterile with uc or pool shock or hydroguard made for hydro.
That shit is made for trickle or spray applications treating fungus

S

Shawnery

Another interesting thing that happened after I added the compost tea. After a couple days I started getting burning of the tips as if my ppm's were too high. Would this have been caused by the increase nutrient uptake with the addition of compost tea or is it possible this was some side of effect from bacteria?

S

Shawnery

So would it be fair to assume that since these plants are monstercropped it will probably take a few weeks just for them to really start growing? Everything I've read says it can take up to or over 3 weeks for the clone to recover.

The above makes since considering what I'm seeing here. They are just starting to throw 5 fingers 3 weeks in and barely growing really at all. I still got very small amounts of trichomes on a few of the old leaves though.

Would it be fair to view the third week and showing 5 fingers the beginning of veg period?

S

Shawnery

After a day you could quickly notice just from the scent that the h202 didn't do a thorough job of sanitizing. It was also obvious that just a day later all of the h202 had dissipated and reacted with any organic material it came in contact with.

It was obvious that it needed to be treated again to kill more bacteria but I had a hydroguard replacement, Garden Friendly Fungicide, on the way and wanted the system ready when it got here.

Yesterday the Garden Friendly Fungicide arrived around 4pm and I used it immediately. By 4pm today there were no obvious signs amongst the plants or roots that it was working yet. Although one way that it is becoming obvious is the changing smell. It's quickly changing from the bad fish tank smell with shit loads of bacteria floating in the solution to the smell of a clean fish tank that is clearing every hour. It was already clearer from the clean out but it was getting slightly less clear by yesterday afternoon.

The Garden Friendly Fungicide has a consistency of frozen yogurt compared to Hydroguard and you can literally see the bacteria unlike Hydroguard. You have to dilute it at 20:1 with water and then treat at 1ml to 2ml per gallon. Like I said the water definitely appears clearer and the smell is lessening more and more.

Hopefully I have the dosage right because a few who have used this at higher dosages had the opposite effect as expected.

S

Shawnery

Is 250 watts of top of the line led's spread over an 8x5 footprint enough for 3 week clones that are recovering from being cloned during flowering? I can raise it anywhere from 200 to 1650. I figured out after wasting watts last year if you're running 1600 for flowering you need much less for vegetative, right?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

S

Shawnery

That wasn't my question!

There will be zero issues with a scrog when it comes to support!

As for where you are compared to me,

I attempted a test and it failed and secondly I've been working with monstercropped clones; not to mention your experience compared to mine.

As for the question about lighting, my lights are as good as anyone's, including yours, out there. My only question was amount of wattage needed in veg compared to wattage needed in flower. A number of people had stated last time I wasted watts running veg under full power. The reason I asked!

Last edited:
H

heisen

Im gonna just put you on ignore man,My blood pressure cant handle you ,Everything i told you not to do you did anyway and look where it got you..Im sick of giving advice to a block wall.I got better shit to do than be bothered with this BS.Hope your monster crop h202 bacteria soup grow is better than your last.My time is way more valuable than this.

S

Shawnery

AT LEAST WE FEEL THE EXACT SAME ABOUT ONE ANOTHER!

Than ignore me and don't reply it's pretty simple!

I still don't get your desire to put people down when they don't listen to you.

My last grow which was my second got .85 grams a watt so I was pretty happy and I'm sure most would be!

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Incase anyone else is wondering about the same question I was able to find it online through a cannabis room design firm located in Boulder Colorado.

VEG ROOM SET UP
Not allocating enough space for the Veg Room is a typical mistake new commercial growers make. A good rule of thumb is that between 10-20% of your total light wattage in the Flower Room will be used in vegetative growth. This means that if there are 50,000 watts in the Flower Room, there should be between 5,000 and 10,000 watts in the Veg Room.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Im a troll. Just trolling .I have no desire to try rdwc, but if I did, I would sure heed the advice of proven cultivators, before going rogue.
Hey its your bud,
Troll
This is fun. Pretend I was never here

H

heisen

Im a troll. Just trolling .I have no desire to try rdwc, but if I did, I would sure heed the advice of proven cultivators, before going rogue.
Hey its your bud,
Troll
This is fun. Pretend I was never here
priceless,Needs to be a sticky.What kills me is when someone ask for advice and than does everything exactly the opposite of what your trying to tell them,250 Watts over a 5x8 is this even like a serious question???????
Im just tired of getting high blood pressure trying to help this guy when everything i tell him he completely does the opposite and starts posting bullshit from websites where the authors have NO documented grows of any kind whatsoever or youtube videos of burnt of sick looking plants.
I have multiple documented grows here and i get rediculous weight turn arounds from 90 day grows.All the answers are right here i just cant wrap my head around why this dude ask a million questions and refuses to take ANY ADVICE from anyone.Im straight up done with this before i end up with High blood pressure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom