Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

5 days no roots, no growth, appears overwatered and stems went dark purple! I just dont get it!

Everything is as perfect as perfect can be when growing.

Top feeding once a day 50ml of water.
10g Masterblend
10g Cal/Nit
5g Epsom salts
1ml per gallon hydroguard
2ml per gallon silica blast
Water temp 70
PH 6.0
PPM 382 .5 scale
Room temp 75 day/night
Humidity 65 day/night

Hopefully I'm overreacting and they'll drop in a couple days but it's just so damn frustrating.

S

Shawnery

I'm pretty sure there's not one thing I'm doing wrong but if you see one please point it out, that was the reason for the post!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Why the Epsom salt? I mean I know what it's used for but are your plants having a Mag issue? And I don't mean Cal mag.

S

Shawnery

It's a standered mix for these dry nutes and others like it. I've literally not read one grow log or diary when this exact mix was not used except for maybe in a 12/12/6 mix.

If you look up people who grow with Jack's it's the the same mix of nutes in the same ratios.

S

Shawnery

Of course your not.thats why everything is looking fire
You're missing my point. My point isn't that everything is perfect my point is that everything appears perfect to me with my knowledge that's why I'm asking how it looks to you.

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Here's my nutrient readout, the Silicon on the second graph should be at to milliliters per gallon not one milliliter per gallon.

Thc 2
Thc 1
S

Shawnery

Should I be doubling my cal/nit so I can get a better ratio of 3-1-2.

Thc2 2
Thc2 1
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

That 4-18-38 just seems insane to me that's an awfull lot of K. I like my P and K much closer together but that's just me.

S

Shawnery

This White Widow was grown at the exact same ratio of Masterblend, Cal/Nit and Epsom Salt. He used the same 10/10/5 ratio in bubbleponics.

I'm sure this plant isn't the best it can be but I'm using it as an example because of how non-deficient it appears. I understand all strains are different and bubbleponics isn't rdwc but it should be pretty damn close, right?

Img 20170505 101530401 1
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You have to remember every grow is different period! Just because someone else is having success doesn't mean you will even if you follow what that guy is doing. Environment, skill, genetics all play a part in your success.

S

Shawnery

Agreed!

This is what actually makes "knowing" just enough about hydroponics as dangerous as you can get.

My plants aren't looking perfect but if you look at my environment and setup it has to be pretty damn friggen close!

S

Shawnery

What's so funny but true about that statement is that @heisenbubble says do it just like I say and you'll be good. Even though he may have tons of experience and knowledge that in no way means my grow will be anything like his.

My point being, no matter how perfectly I may follow the advice of another no matter how good there's no guarantee that my grow will follow the same arc of growth as there's.

For this grow I haven't veered, from my understand, from @heisenbubble advice but yet my plants continue to lag as usual. My point not being that his advice is wrong or that he is full of it but that as you say,

No matter how much you follow another's grow to a tee it in no way guarantees your experience will be anything like theirs

S

Shawnery

Well, I got some semi-good news, there are one to two thick white roots just starting to pop out. I know it doesn't mean it's going to be good but at least it's better than nothing.

The clones still look overwatered or under oxygenated but they have grown at least twice as tall as they were. Dont get me wrong, they still look like unhappy transplanted clones but they're a bit bigger.

It's been seven days today so hopefully things will liven up in the next couple days!

S

Shawnery

Anyone have some advice on how to promote thicker stems and branches? My last grow had considerably smaller branches than other grows I've watched.

Increased airflow?
Training?
Nutrients?
Something else?

S

Shawnery

Pics for prosperity!

Still looking a little sad but the number of visible roots have doubled. Half of the plants look to be finally hitting a stride but the other half is lagging a little. Sadly these look 10 times better than the ones I just took out after a month and still need some love.

Stems are really purple but this has always happened to me in the beginning?

These are the worst and the best. The one on top is the sadest ones and the one on the bottom is the happiest. There appears to be slight burning on the tips but I'm only running 375ppm .5 scale.

20180917 114111
20180917 114044
S

Shawnery

Now that they're starting to show roots do you guys think I should up my lights from 20,000 to 30,000 lumens? Not that plants see lumens!

Not to mention, even with my glasses on the room is a bit much to take with the addition of that styrofoam board.

madgrower

madgrower

Anyone have some advice on how to promote thicker stems and branches? My last grow had considerably smaller branches than other grows I've watched.

Increased airflow?
Training?
Nutrients?
Something else?
Lots of wind

Top Bottom