Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Something is confusing me.

Even thought it's only 10 degrees cooler in my tent than the outside temp and 10% higher humidity outside than inside the tent everytime my exhaust fan comes on it lowers the humidity down to 45%. It comes back up after a while but it takes a bit to make it back up to 70%.

It seems strange that the 80% humidity outside isn't helping the inner humidity stay at 70% while the fan is on, or is this normal?

S

Shawnery

Pic update and I know they should look better!

The first photo is what the girls looked like about 7 days ago and the second photo is from tonight. The more roots they grow the faster the rehab moves forward.

I know they're looking like they need cal/mag but I'm waiting to see if it self regulated once the roots catch up.

20180901 204050
20180901 204126
H

heisen

Pic update and I know they should look better!

The first photo is what the girls looked like about 7 days ago and the second photo is from tonight. The more roots they grow the faster the rehab moves forward.

I know they're looking like they need cal/mag but I'm waiting to see if it self regulated once the roots catch up.
you bump the lights up?

S

Shawnery

you bump the lights up?

Lights were at 50% but they were a bit droopy and obviously just shy of really happy. I dropped it by 10% and they are looking very happy. Cant really judge by looks with the old leaves but the new ones are very perky.

S

Shawnery

Shouldn't an even 20,000 be enough for veg? I got told by a number of people I was wasting power running 1600 watts for the whole grow.

Not arguing with you Heisen just need a little clarification is all!

S

Shawnery

I'm running 80 degrees, 70 humidity, ec is .412, either very slowly going down or balanced, ph is 5.8 to 6.0 swings from day to night and water level is dropping.

The slight issue is minimal tip burn but I'm thinking it's from the temp and not the nutes being to hot? I highly doubt at 200ppm it's to hot since everything is reacting perfectly in terms of water down, ph stablish, ec dropping or staying balanced.

You think I should turn the lights down, decrease heat by 5 degrees but keep humidity the same or drop the ec even though it's not rising at all?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I'm running 80 degrees, 70 humidity, ec is .412, either very slowly going down or balanced, ph is 5.8 to 6.0 swings from day to night and water level is dropping.

The slight issue is minimal tip burn but I'm thinking it's from the temp and not the nutes being to hot? I highly doubt at 200ppm it's to hot since everything is reacting perfectly in terms of water down, ph stablish, ec dropping or staying balanced.

You think I should turn the lights down, decrease heat by 5 degrees but keep humidity the same or drop the ec even though it's not rising at all?
U running co2?

S

Shawnery

75° f is optimal temp. Why not run at that?

That's what I'll try but the idea is that led's dont allow the leafs internal temps to reach the same as hps or other lights emitting ir wavelength. There's data to back it up but if it ain't working it ain't working.

For all we know that could not be the issue at all but since it varies from known standards it's the first to change.

S

Shawnery

This is going to sound so crazy but if you take everything in together it becomes more obvious.

The first thing Heisen pointed out was my lime green margins and he assumed they were from a lack of lighting causing nitrogen deficiency.

Second there are the burnt tips that most everyone including myself assume is from nutrient burn.

Third there is stunted growth which I assumed was from flowered clones and root issues.

Lastly I am using 1/3rd of the nutrient ec that I was last time and that's the lowest I ran it.

I believe if you take these things all together it points to a number of deficiencies that are caused by my extremely low ec in comparison to my last grow that was lush at this point. Nitrogen deficiency will cause the lime green between margins as well as other nutrients. I also found out that nitrogen deficiency can cause necrosis at the tip and leaves that appear the same as nutrient burn.

I'm going to go with my gut and raise the EC from .4 to .8 and that is still .4 below where I was on my last grow in the same time span.

P.s. I've been trying to save money by running my lights lower in veg. It can be argued back and forth all day if that works or not but that is not the point of this comment!

I finally realized that I only need the strips on that are directly over the little girls until they spread out. So now what I did was disconnect 3 out of 5 strips on each fixture of 4. Now I can run 2/5ths the power with the same lux reading of 40,000.

Fuck was I stupid on that one!

S

Shawnery

New leaves appear darker but we'll need a couple days to really properly judge.

I also am trying a new way to insulate my totes from the fixture since it's so close.

What do you think?

P.s. if some of my plants roots are exploding and others are slowly growing would that point to a well balanced system and that the lackeys are just having their own issues?

20180904 144239
20180904 144304
S

Shawnery

Yeah I know they are super sad but every bit of new growth happened in the last week.

H

heisen

Covering them totes gonna lead to crown rot.i would throw all that shit in the trash and start over.keep the chiller and and whatever stuff is salvageable and the rest to the dumpster.them plants are so leggy I woukdnt run them.ive tossed entire grows that looked better than than.
Chalk it up a lesson learned.

S

Shawnery

As for the styrofoam there is a hole cut into the center and there's room to breath because it actually sits about 1/4" above the totes. It can breath just as well now as 8t could before.

You'd have to see it up close and personal to really understand it.

S

Shawnery

Heres do me better photos to get an idea of the breathing room I gave the totes and plants. There's actually a gap between the surface of the plants and tote of over an inch. There's also a two inch hole directly over the stem of each plant.

For reference here are better photos of some of the plants. Forget the fact that they should be way bigger by now. I just want to know if you really think all the new growth is leggy because I don't. That's not I say you say deal I just want to get my reference point right.

I agree the bottoms are leggy as f**k but they are getting much tighter with each new growth near the top. I was thinking if they're only leggy on the bottom it wont matter once the scrog is up?

20180904 161756
20180904 162755
20180904 161734
20180904 162732
S

Shawnery

Your concern of root crown issues was warranted but over the wrong material and device.

I just removed the clone collars and even though I have NO bubbles the rockwool was soaking wet and the stem was throwing roots below the collar but above the rockwool.

I replaced the collar with extra hydroton. I know I should just start over but I'd sure like to come to a realization on how to comeback from this.

I really hate giving up!! Its not that I dont think you're all right, I know your right. But I'd rather waste my time over spilled milk than just pour a new glass. Ot used to be my biggest downfall when I used to be an artist.

S

Shawnery

I've decided that there needs to be some definitive answers to the airstone and waterfall question. I found a place an hour away that rents nice DO meters for 30 bucks a day or 90 for the week.
I'm interested to see where my numbers are!

Top Bottom