Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Veg+bloom Switch, What Should I Expect?

Discussion in 'Nutrients and Fertilizers' started by 3 balls, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 3 balls

3 balls

Based on the recommendation of @thunderfudge and the ensuing research, I will likely be switching to Hydroponic Research Veg+Bloom. I have been growing for 5 years and have only used the House & Garden line.

My setup- more than a few air cooled DE HPS, sealed rooms, CO2 enriched 1250ppm (flower only), drain to waste Tuper coco.

On any given run, cloner thru harvest, I use every one of these products at some point.
    Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
    Great White Mycorrhizae
    Regalia (biofungicide drench)

House and Garden:
    Aqua Flakes A
    Aqua Flakes B
    Drip Clean
    Roots Excelurator Gold
    Amino Treatment
    Nitrogen Boost
    Multi Zen
    Bud XL
    Algen Extract
    Top Booster
    Shooting Powder
    Magic Green (foliar)

So replacing most of this with 3 cans of powder has me equal parts excited and nervous. I have read quite a bit of the Hydroponic Research User Thread, a lot of it is 3 years old and there's 43 pages worth. I also went to the Veg+Bloom website and filled out a growers ticket.
    I figured it would be worth posting this to find out if anybody has made a similar switch and maybe I can be prepared and learn from others mistakes. The things I'm most interested in are, can/should I keep some of this stuff in the rotation to kind of get the best of both worlds? Is there any tricks to using Veg+Bloom in coco specifically? Is this just a bad idea? Any and all input would be very much appreciated!

goodpeeps likes this.
  2. You shouldn't be afraid, but you should expect that you will probably initially over or under feed. Under doesn't usually cause irreparable crop damage as easy as over does. That's a balanced food and if something isn't going well, it's the change, you, or plants more likely than the food. I would expect a little of that and that you'll be googling ingredients and nutrition for a week about at least. Other than that, expect to learn that it's mostly the same shit across most decent plant nutrients!

HelixFertili, JWM2 and 3 balls like this.
  3. 3 balls

3 balls

Yeah, I've read that most lines are very close to the same stuff a lot of times. It being powder form makes sense- why buy a gallon of Koolaid when you can buy the packet and add water. It's just hard not to feel like I will be short changing my ladies going from a dozen components to 3.

goodpeeps, Freshone and thunderfudge like this.
  4. My advice to you is to read the ingredients of the h&g products, or ask a reputable source or whatever, for the active ingredients of the products you really loved and see if they're in your new line, or if you still think they're essential after using the powders for a bit.

3 balls likes this.
  5. ethcan

ethcan

You may find there are some things you still would like to supplement. As an example, I use jacks 3,2,1 formula and run a few additives. One being Grow More Bio-cozyme for supplementation of Cytokinin, from the kelp. As well as the good stuff from the alfalafa and blood meal.

I foliar spray the biocozyme and silica.

VEG+Bloom seems like a great formula, I will be trying it soon as well.

I think you will be fine, other than your time and money being saved.

Let me know how it goes, I ran H&G at a time and I know my performance since switching to jacks, so I'd like to hear how you do switching to hydro research.

CaliRooted and 3 balls like this.
  6. Veg + Bloom shits on H&G with price and results. I have multiple rooms many which were amended soil and tea and water only. I currently only have one of those rooms still going everything else has been switched to V+B and I absolutely love it! Too easy for killer results.

7. thunderfudge

thunderfudge Breeder

@3balls I'll give u the recipe bro
    from day 1 of bloom
    Base 6g per gal
    LIFE .2g per gal
    3 ml cal mag per gal
    Add SHINE at day 10 ,1g per gal
    You should be around 1250 ppms
    Day 35
    BASE 3g per gal
    SHINE 2g per gal
    LIFE .2g per gal
    CAL MAG 3 ml per gal
    That's about 800 poms
    Day 42
    SHINE 1g per gal
    Day 49
    Water

That's an 8 week schedule.for 10 weekers I extend the 1-34 feed until day 48.
    What to expect ? Alot of stretch the 1st 2 weeks,huge roots,and the need for almost daily feedings.The later flower thing would be how explosive that shine is when the base it cut.

Veg is...
    BASE 4g per gallon
    LIFE .2g per gallon
    CAL MAG 2-3 ml per gallon

Bodean, hclip, DieselDuds and 6 others like this.
  8. thunderfudge

thunderfudge Breeder

You dont need the PUSH foliar if you're supplementing with cal mag.i did find a nice powdered CAL MAG w/ Silica I use at home,but not necessary

9. 3 balls

3 balls

I appreciate it!

thunderfudge likes this.
  10. thunderfudge

thunderfudge Breeder

That's the recipe I've been running for almost a year,its tweaked a bit,it works

3 balls, CaliRooted and Erick31876 like this.
  11. Exactly what he said^^^^^

3 balls and thunderfudge like this.
  12. Im interested in trying this

3 balls, CaliRooted and thunderfudge like this.
  13. I highly recommend it!

3 balls and thunderfudge like this.
  14. I ran V+B for a couple years and thats almost exactly how i ran it except they didnt have shine then.I love dry ferts,fuck buying water.You will find out you dont need a dozen different things either.Ive run jacks also and i just ordered Megacrop too try that out.I was told if you like jacks and V+B you will love megacrop,well see.
    Theres a couple pretty good threads here if you dig for them,cant remember the guys name,eddie eagle or something like that?

3 balls and 1diesel1 like this.
  15. How much would you recommend to get. I grow perpetually. I usually have around 10 plants flowering and around 20 to 30 in various stages of veg
    I am using megacrop now. You can get a free sample of it on the website
    Im getting low on it and about to actually buy some for the firdt time. I am very happy with it. And its very cheap. I use that and their pk booster

3 balls and Freshone like this.
  16. ethcan

ethcan

V+B has a nutrient calculator on their website to tell you exactly how much you will need for your setup.

3 balls, Erick31876 and CaliRooted like this.
  17. Cool, thanks bro!

3 balls likes this.
  18. 3 balls

3 balls

Just under 2 weeks in and so far so good. Any suggestions on feed to water frequency? Thanks in advance

19. I run a feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water. Does very good. Just run their line no need to add anything extra to it.

20. thunderfudge

thunderfudge Breeder

I'm in coco so feed feed feed lol.every day