Virus...any Ideas?

• Thread starter Cannasseur85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannasseur85

Nope nothing painted recently. And im too familiar with those. Thats a good point tho. I only have predator mites on these plants and for soil protection i use nematodes.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Read the stunted dud thread if you wanna have your head spin
But I've been in your shoes before ( back on autopilot now)
Your /my only answer was chitosen , 325 mg aspirin and kontos
Plus a lot of hard work and a IPM that never stops
Good news is I haven't had a gnat in 2+ years maybe 3
Prob to my best quess was nematodes weak genetics and bug recovered poor plants
Clone away from genetics you must keep
Did I get a you got those genetics (clones) from cap above ...if so I believe those guys (almost sure) still get a dud now and then. Check his ig

C

Cannasseur85

Not quite sure what u were saying at the last part. U had parasitic nematodes before?

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Post 10 ... " I wonder if cappulator has any idea his clones had tmv before "

C

Cannasseur85

Ohh i see. No i didnt get them from cap. Never talked to the guy. I did remember him talking to another member in a different thead i had found about tmv and he seemed to have extensive knowledge on the matter just seein if maybe he had any ideas.. i could be wrong altogether

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Have you read the dud thread here or the one at icmag ? I think you made a reference to it above
The outcome of that was most assumed they had either parasitic nematodes or furasiam. A bunch promised test result or had result with no clear cause. I'm not in legal area so testing wasn't a option for me. I just went to work and got out of the funk for the better
There was a time where I thought I'd never grow pot to its potential again.

People still report duds just not as wide a scale as before. Some still get it on a plant per bed etc. I'm totally free but I'm not growing in a warehouse either. I foliar ever plant at least one every three days every leaf
I quarinteen clones

C

Cannasseur85

I read a bit from before on the matter. The couple pictures i saw seemed like it wasnt quite what i was experiencing. I guess i should read more into it. Some plants almost seem to grow out of it.did they figure out what kind of nematode was the culprit? I think i read something that said a gg4 cut that got passed around was infected.

C

Cannasseur85

The fusarium thing had me thinking also. I know a local farmer that had that come up in a test. But anything ive seen on fusarium looks nothing like this.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Have you recently had a bug issue you've over come or just clones entered to the grow from outside. In my case I had a spider mite issue and gnats. I've noticed that most gardens have gnats and maybe it's something that can't be avoided. I on a much smaller scale don't tolerate even having gnats. I feel they could also be a disease spreading agent.
I can't really say what my issue was except that it had me scratching my head wondering if this I could even grow anymore. Kontos and 325 mg aspirin and a tireless IPM have me running smooth again and it's been 3 years bug free so there is hope.

C

Cannasseur85

Yes sorry to not post them up sooner. So i tested positive for fusarium and a virus. I feel the fusarium isnt as much of the problem as the virus is. For me to find out exactly what virus it is will cost anywhere from $3,500 to 4,500 as they will have to do rna sequencing. Im finding out that my plants start showing virus signs when exposed to any stress.. high temps, transplanting, topping. Sofar regalia as a soil drench has greatly improved my plants immune system... but we shall see.

DGP

DGP

I am always wanting to learn and I am very curious how one solves such a problem? Is there a way to clean your grow environment before restarting? I used to raise orchids and certain viruses can be super difficult to remove from the grow.

B

Bcgrowop

Do you think it's affecting new plants coming into your room as well? or just the effected ones? Have they grown out of it at all?

C

Cannasseur85

Yes, if u bring new plants into the area it will then effect those aswell. May hide untill u transplant it or top it.

B

Bcgrowop

Yes, if u bring new plants into the area it will then effect those aswell. May hide untill u transplant it or top it.

How long does it normally take for them to start looking funny when they are moved into the room? How long have you been having this issue for?

C

Cannasseur85

Thanks grow god, i have spent a little time in there. Alot of speculation.
Not sure how long it takes to become infected i could do a test for u though. Ive been battling this since may or so.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks grow god, i have spent a little time in there. Alot of speculation.
Not sure how long it takes to become infected i could do a test for u though. Ive been battling this since may or so.
I’ve had it to and even posted in that thread. It goes away take healthy clones keep shit sterile. I recommend physan20 1 ml per TEN gallons on early veg plants/ clones. Then when you know that shit is dead work with the regalia and acrinovate. Stay up with tea’s, stay a step ahead and work clean and only keep the best clones. Thrash the rest.

C

Cannasseur85

Did u have the leaf blistering and cupping? And the hardcore interveinal chlorosis? I feel this is a bit different then dudding. I have been getting more duds but i have this other issue aswell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom