What To Use To Get "frosted" Buds?

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

UVA does not come in 285 wavelength
My bulbs are 365nm. Sorry. I went with UVA over UVB from reading different studies of UV and its affect on THC and CBD production. Both "have shown?" improvements when compared with no UV at all. It is a flip flop on the matter and some show no difference at all. But I chose UVA because lower bands have shown to disrupt DNA and can be unsafe.? Also in some studies UVB can be detrimental in cannabis growth.? I have used UVA for my grows just in case it may work. I am not a scientist just a grower. I read and take what I feel may work or benefit my next grow. I have never asserted my growing techniques on anyone. I just state how I grow and what does and does not work for me. As the legal ropes of marijuana growing are loosened, we will all benefit from knowledge to be learned.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I went with UVA over UVB from reading different studies of UV and its affect on THC and CBD production. Both "have shown?" improvements when compared with no UV at all.
I am white familiar with scientific literature, and any statistical increases in THC-content and trichome-density that I've reviewed, came from supplemental UVB.

What papers demonstrated any kind of a significant effect from UVA?

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

I chose UVA because lower bands have shown to disrupt DNA and can be unsafe.?
Where was this demonstrated, and more importantly.... what was the context of the study?

Sounds like the irradiation doses were likely designed to evaluate the parameters of UVB-induced DNA-mutation vs them being a representation of natural UVB-exposure.

Excessive UVB? Yes, but cannabis has been getting hit with UVB since it's inception, so I don't think supplemental UVB is going to disrupt anything..... other than THC-levels.

~

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Where was this demonstrated, and more importantly.... what was the context of the study?

Sounds like the irradiation doses were likely designed to evaluate the parameters of UVB-induced DNA-mutation vs them being a representation of natural UVB-exposure.

Excessive UVB? Yes, but cannabis has been getting hit with UVB since it's inception, so I don't think supplemental UVB is going to disrupt anything..... other than THC-levels.

~
did some hunting after work. no papers to quote. just bro science. I chose uva over uvb is more bro science. the lower you go on the spectrum your getting the uv that does shit to your skin and shit. uvb is no Bueno. google it. but uva is not real high on the scale either. I think that's why some led panel distributors choose a higher uv such as uva and not take the risk. well more bro science, cfl if is full of uv...I kind of found out while on my journey to grow legal cannabis in my closet. I make me buds. I voodoo my plants, and buy no jugs. I ph my entire grow from cpost to tea. I read and sorted the bs and doing what works for me and making buds. me, and yes this time no pictures, your welcome. peace people. See ya in the funny papers, done with this site.

BioStimz

BioStimz

no papers to quote. just bro science.

uvb is no Bueno. google it.
KTvjE17

H

hawkman

Good one {-:
While your doing all rhat thinking on the throne, would u tell me the best way i will know my buds / plants are done. Besides tricones turning amber.
Or anyone know out there doing terd time.
Hee Haw
had to stop side-lighting because the plant was turning (pistal's amber) too early sidelighitng has UV and IV spectrum

H

hawkman

My bulbs are 365nm. Sorry. I went with UVA over UVB from reading different studies of UV and its affect on THC and CBD production. Both "have shown?" improvements when compared with no UV at all. It is a flip flop on the matter and some show no difference at all. But I chose UVA because lower bands have shown to disrupt DNA and can be unsafe.? Also in some studies UVB can be detrimental in cannabis growth.? I have used UVA for my grows just in case it may work. I am not a scientist just a grower. I read and take what I feel may work or benefit my next grow. I have never asserted my growing techniques on anyone. I just state how I grow and what does and does not work for me. As the legal ropes of marijuana growing are loosened, we will all benefit from knowledge to be learned.
mention before that I stopped the side-lighting (LED panel's with UV and IV spectrum) plant was turning (pistal's /amber) a fair amount for only 4 week flower + 1 week per-flower (strain Blue Dream) Know a plant some time ripe'ns from the bottom up. Thanks for the information thought I was going out of my mine !!!! good information

chillywilly

chillywilly

Pot snobs...hmm...think u know...hmm... show up your pics...I showed mine...where's yours??? U folks put down a grower producing kind...what u folks got ?? Huh...share and compare...I thought ganga is to uplift, heal and unite us... what happened?... I've seen this same isim schism...wow...I was about to leave as well from what I've seen here...wow...loving it...hmm...
cw...ps

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Anyone who is growing CBD-strains, needs to make sure they avoid using supplemental UV in their grows. An increase in THC levels from UV comes at the expense of reduced CBD.

~
Dang it! #@#%#@, I used my clean light to stave off bud rot outside on my AC/DC x Pennywise (TGA), she pulled 7.5% CBD (and 7% THC) from previous inside round. Did it At dusk so I could see it's coverage. It seemed to work for them and Jack the Ripper, GG4 showed first signs so I pulled all 5 out after they started to show squirly gaurd leaves and tan stems at the branch nodes. If I lost that CBD it'd just be nuttin special in a pretty package

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings, I'm not about CBD but the, thcv...uplift not subdued (CBD)...most know nothing about, sorry... sick people need high energy...why r they telling us u need DRUGS...??? Hmm.... I've produced kind, no question, compare and share... I've seen, experienced and done... over 60+ harvests... I'm still learning and sharing...fun...I teach, share, sell and the likes to produce kind...here we talking to get the best out of our plants... nature is our teacher...
Certified master gardener extension agent...
cw

brazel

brazel

Yeah there needs to be more controlled studies

Latest posts

Top Bottom