• B

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • C

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
London bud

London bud

They're not just important, they're crucial. Without a properly dialed environment and feeding schedule along with strong genetics there is no "maximizing" anything. When you get into plant count, it's all about canopy coverage. Your canopy needs to be completely filled across the entire coverage of your light and you need to maximize the amount of penetration you can get into your canopy exposing as many budding nodes and lower fans to direct light without any of the light actually passing through the canopy and lighting the ground
I know how to create a canopy that maximises my lights, I always grow in a way to use my lights to their best. And I don't have any problems with feeding. My problem is I can't use any more light without overheating. I'm working a small area, I can't afford better extraction at the moment so the lights can't really get any more. For what I have, I believe squeezing more plants in and controlling their growth could be my best option, I have one plant in there at the moment trained under 270w cfl shes got a 60cm sq flat even canopy and she will finish in a couple of weeks with at least three ounces but thats a lot of work and maintenance, it's to much maintenance to treat more than one plant like that for me. I could fit three in like the one in their now side by side and that canopy would fill my space wall to wall but i think ten plants less worked over, with less training, kept short n started on 1212 will work better than three plants turnt into 60 smaller tops
Im not talking about getting maximum yield per plant but the max for the space.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I know how to create a canopy that maximises my lights, I always grow in a way to use my lights to their best. And I don't have any problems with feeding. My problem is I can't use any more light without overheating. I'm working a small area, I can't afford better extraction at the moment so the lights can't really get any more. For what I have, I believe squeezing more plants in and controlling their growth could be my best option, I have one plant in there at the moment trained under 270w cfl shes got a 60cm sq flat even canopy and she will finish in a couple of weeks with at least three ounces but thats a lot of work and maintenance, it's to much maintenance to treat more than one plant like that for me. I could fit three in like the one in their now side by side and that canopy would fill my space wall to wall but i think ten plants less worked over, with less training, kept short n started on 1212 will work better than three plants turnt into 60 smaller tops
I do know a thing or two about canopy maximization....
IMG 20181201 213037 769
20181128 145423
20181128 085409
20181128 111837

S

Simplicio

I'm growing 2 plants in a 2 x 4 right now, and there isn't enough room.
The canopy is full, and the plants are over 5 feet tall, and will probably yield a pound dry.
But it's DWC with good lights.

London bud

London bud

I'm growing 2 plants in a 2 x 4 right now, and there isn't enough room.
The canopy is full, and the plants are over 5 feet tall, and will probably yield a pound dry.
But it's DWC with good lights.
I'd love to be pulling weight like that, if I had 5footers they'd be burnt to shit and my flat world be on fire.
If I had ten in there they'd all be 18inches from dirt to tip, I'm personally feeling that ten topped n a scrog packed in tight is my best bet. I have about 5ft of height so the plants need to be kept low. I donthave space to grow big plants.
With an 18 inch plant I can easy pull a z every time, it's normal. That's 250w. With the400 it must be even more normal. Everyone seems really negative though

Last edited:
DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Totally different thing you got going on there, your obviously a pro but I started this thread to have a discussion and get ideas not so people could show off and try to belittle my knowledge
So by trying to get you to maximize canopy depth and area in your space and dial in your environmental paramaters I'm somehow "belittling you". Ok then.....

London bud

London bud

So by trying to get you to maximize canopy depth and area in your space and dial in your environmental paramaters I'm somehow "belittling you". Ok then.....
So what have your pictures of a giant green house with your millions of plants got to do with what I've asked? Nobody likes a show off.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

So what have your pictures of a giant green house with your millions of plants got to do with what I've asked? Nobody likes a show off.
"I need help maximizing output of my tent, but I'm not willing to listen to any suggestions/tips or change anything I'm doing." You're obviously the king of "micro-grows" since you've been doing them for years and still don't have anything figured out yet, so why even bother making the post. Good luck with whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish here.....

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Actually, I really liked the pictures.lol That is freaking awesome!:D

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Fuck off det dickhead.
Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, good one. I'm sure you're bound to find tons of help in here with your flat out trash attitude and inability to adapt or take any advice or criticism

London bud

London bud

I do find tons of help on here actually, fortunately 99% of the users ain't a prick like you.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Well, I know one of us gets paid to travel the world consulting some of the largest and most respected growers and one of us looks like they shoplift their equipment from the flea market. How's that for being a prick for you? I ask simple questions and try to figure out how to dial your setup in and you tell me those don't matter and then start getting defensive when I tell you they do. Maybe you can maximize your output by rolling that tent up really tightly and shoving it straight up your ass

London bud

London bud

Well, I know one of us gets paid to travel the world consulting some of the largest and most respected growers and one of us looks like they shoplift their equipment from the flea market. How's that for being a prick for you? I ask simple questions and try to figure out how to dial your setup in and you tell me those don't matter and then start getting defensive when I tell you they do. Maybe you can maximize your output by rolling that tent up really tightly and shoving it straight up your ass

And there we have the little show off again

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

@DetGrnThumb what's the over/under on age? 19? 17? Virgin or not?
Young enough to have absolutely no clue what Dunning-Kruger is referring to or to realize that he's shot himself in the foot about 12 times and the magazine is already empty

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Young enough to have absolutely no clue what Dunning-Kruger is referring to or to realize that he's shot himself in the foot about 12 times and the magazine is already empty
Well, I was there at least once myself, I shan't say more.

OP, we meant well, and we really do know a couple things. Get another light. Good day.

ethcan

ethcan

And there we have the little show off again

Good luck with this... multiple people gave you really proper information, and you just don't want to hear it...

Welp, here's my attempt.

For maximum yield, you need a dialed environment and your feeding needs to be on point...
Plant count is irrelevant for the most part. I could build canopies like this with anywhere from 1-20 plants per light.
img_20181130_204822_li-jpg.844345

I transcended my yield goals by using VPD to crop steer, increased my feeding frequency, decreased my pot size (coco) and more closely monitored feed parameters going in and out to dial in my feedings.

By the way, @DetGrenThumb wasn't showing off. He was simply showing you why his advice and information is credible. He clearly has the experience to answer your question, apparently you did not want to hear it.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Good luck with this... multiple people gave you really proper information, and you just don't want to hear it...

Welp, here's my attempt.

For maximum yield, you need a dialed environment and your feeding needs to be on point...
Plant count is irrelevant for the most part. I could build canopies like this with anywhere from 1-20 plants per light.
img_20181130_204822_li-jpg.844345

I transcended my yield goals by using VPD to crop steer, increased my feeding frequency, decreased my pot size (coco) and more closely monitored feed parameters going in and out to dial in my feedings.

By the way, @DetGrenThumb wasn't showing off. He was simply showing you why his advice and information is credible. He clearly has the experience to answer your question, apparently you did not want to hear it.
1le6tg

Top Bottom