Wild Thailand

• Thread starter PJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PJack

PJack

I'm currently growing out 2 plants from feminized seed:

Wild Thailand (a landrace sativa from World of Seeds)
Blue Dream (a sativa-dominant hybrid from Humbolt Seed Organization)

I'm primarily sharing my grow pictures for those who are interested in the Thai sativa, as I've found few decent pictures and other information online. (I'm happy to show my Blue Dream info as well if anyone is interested.)

This is a top-feed rockwool system. I feed by hand (drain-to-waste). Seeds started in 1.5 inch cubes, were transferred into 3-inch cubes, then those cubes were mounted onto the Grodan Uni-Slabs.

Seedlings were under a humidity dome with a 19W LED for a week. Next, they spent 2 weeks under a 400W metal halide. (All 24/7.) At 3 weeks from seed, the plants were placed under 600W MH and 600W HPS (1200W total) and changed to 12/12.

Days 3, 5 and 7 of 12/12 pictured.

Wild thailand 1
Wild thailand 2
Wild thailand roots
0307 wild thailand
0303 wild thailand
0305 wild thailand
F

Face plant

Looking good. Thai is a hard plant to grow from what I've read needs higher temps and humidity is this true? I read about each area that a plant may come from. Example; Colombia is a rain forest but what might surprise most is hours of day and night which are equal year around.

PJack

PJack

I am sure the Thai plants tolerate high temps pretty well. Thailand (and that part of the world, in general) is quite hot. There is always going to be a wide temp range that cannabis does well in.

I tend to keep things around 80-ish for all my grows. Typically, I am not comfortable letting my plants go over 85 for any extended period of time. On the lower end, I am happy going down to 70 and below (at night).

The plants will be fine with even higher or lower temperatures, but optimal temp is probably 75-80.

As far as light is concerned, I gave them 24/7 for 3 weeks and then flipped them to 12/12. Yeah, it's pretty much 12/12 in places around the equator. There is some variation in Thailand, but not much (by and hour or so throughout the year), so they get 12/12 from seed in nature.

F

Face plant

I've personally used lights 24 hrs. believing plants like all life needs rest. Not arguing with you but mother nature has been at this a billion years. I can't compete with her rules if you follow me in that thinking.

F

Face plant

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm looking to get all my Thai seeds to grow just from what I read is why I'm asking. It's important to get every seed to grow half may be male in my case.

F

Face plant

I didn't go fem. Because it's my understanding that these plants can hermaphrodite pretty easy if things get out of control so I went cheap and got 10 for the price of 3 hoping 50/50.

F

Face plant

I didn't go fem. Because it's my understanding that these plants can hermaphrodite pretty easy if things get out of control so I went cheap and got 10 for the price of 3 hoping 50/50.
That would be my next question to all is it better to buy a seed that's been hermaphrodite or a true sex from breeding?

F

Face plant

This is present learning a new grow area fluctuations before planting. I over think things I think.

KIMG0556
F

Face plant

Here is a comparison with the blue dream (both planted the same day). The blue dream is a bit taller with much larger internodal distance...and barely any branching yet.
How old are these plants in this photo, I'm growing under weak ass lights i can't run metal halide or high pressure sodium. Heat issues.

PJack

PJack

How old are these plants in this photo, I'm growing under weak ass lights i can't run metal halide or high pressure sodium. Heat issues.
Those pics are from yesterday. The seeds were germinated on Feb 9. So, about a month from seed. 1 week under 12/12. These plants are both very healthy and robust, but it is slow-going, in comparison to hybrids like chemdog or skunk #1.

K

kansabis

I've been curious about wos landrace fem offerings,I got a auto amnesia from them as a freebie once from an attitude seedbank order and it was less than special,so I'm very intrigued as to how that Thai turns out,good luck grower.

F

Face plant

I've never grown in rock wool. I might be asking a lot of questions. Water schedule and nutrient levels not now though I'm not ready for that type of set up, but I'd like to try it. I have done clay stone with under water spray system. I did like that because of less insects than soil.

PJack

PJack

Rockwool is really easy to use. Very consistent and provides good control over pH and nutrients. Basically, you water it when the rockwool feels light. 'Full-sized' plants need to be watered at least once per day when using rockwool slabs (covered in plastic). It is all down to how fast the water leaves the rockwool by root absorption and evaporation. Of course, flushing is very easy too. I feed in a drain-to-waste fashion and only flush for 1 day before harvest. For me, rockwool means, consistency, cleanliness and control. Using the small slabs makes it easy to move the plants around.

F

Face plant

I've been curious about wos landrace fem offerings,I got a auto amnesia from them as a freebie once from an attitude seedbank order and it was less than special,so I'm very intrigued as to how that Thai turns out,good luck grower.
I'm not a fan of auto flowers personally even though I had a sugar-coated auto once. A freebie is a freebie. I think it funny tha
Auto flowers are a number game to me, we added a third species because it flowers early that's all it contributed, no THC or CBC. 1 in 3 for ease carry less of everything. This is the interesting stuff, genetics.

H

hawkman

be carefull - the 70% sativa in Blue Dream will grow you 6-7 ft plant (Lst) it would do good in a SCROG. consider veg for only 3 weeks - let mine go for /to 20 inches and it GREW VERY big (12 mason jars full) The Thai also 3 weeks fro a controlable plant. or just let them grow wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have wild results

Top Bottom