Wild Thailand

• Thread starter PJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PJack

PJack

be carefull - the 70% sativa in Blue Dream will grow you 6-7 ft plant (Lst) it would do good in a SCROG. consider veg for only 3 weeks - let mine go for /to 20 inches and it GREW VERY big (12 mason jars full) The Thai also 3 weeks fro a controlable plant. or just let them grow wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have wild results
Yup! I let both of them have exactly 3 weeks of veg. I was a little rushed to mount them on the larger slabs and think I over-watered the Blue Dream (a bit of clawing on some of the leaves), which is growing with the usual large internodal gaps.

The Thai is still staying quite squat but getting bushy...but it it's starting to show it's flowers. Really SLOOOOWWW plant so far. This pic is from a few days ago (day 21 of flower).

20180321 Wild Thailand
H

hawkman

Yup! I let both of them have exactly 3 weeks of veg. I was a little rushed to mount them on the larger slabs and think I over-watered the Blue Dream (a bit of clawing on some of the leaves), which is growing with the usual large internodal gaps.

The Thai is still staying quite squat but getting bushy...but it it's starting to show it's flowers. Really SLOOOOWWW plant so far. This pic is from a few days ago (day 21 of flower).
looks good hearty plant once you plant in final container it will exploid

PJack

PJack

When I get off of work tonight I will take another picture and then I will defoliate the

PJack

PJack

Yuppers... Today is day 26 of flower, and this plant is really becoming interesting. One thing I can say for sure, is that I would not be this patient is my stash was not just running over with good smoke. This Thai is taking its sweet time.

The plant is super squat, and I've read that they can be that way in the beginning, which is amazing to me, because I'm used to growing skunk and chemdog types, which grow vigorous fast. Seems like this sativa's branches are just starting to pick up speed.

I defoliated it today. Removed pretty much all of the fan leaves from the lower part of the plant, and it's just solid thick with more foliage from the branches underneath.

The plant is plenty healthy. It's just funny how short it is. I am guessing it will begin to stretch at some point. I have never seen a plant so small with flowers on it...LOL

20180325 Wild Thailand 1
20180326 Wild Thailand 2
20180326 Wild Thailand
H

hawkman

good job in defoliation !! do you ever remove the little suckers on the main stalk - and you distance from soil to plant is at a excellent height. are you going to transplant them??

PJack

PJack

Well, this is in rockwool, so ''transplanting" usually consists of graduating to a larger piece of rockwool. Right now the plant is already on the final rockwool slab.

H

hawkman

Well, this is in rockwool, so ''transplanting" usually consists of graduating to a larger piece of rockwool. Right now the plant is already on the final rockwool slab.
You can "cut" the rockwoll and put in soil - (cut make sure some root exposure ? you know really loosen up the rockwoll - works well - that if you wan to a soil grow and then again some just plant in soil without the "barrier" I just go soil but see were there might be a better nutrient up-take using rockwool cubes/slabs ?)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

You can "cut" the rockwoll and put in soil - (cut make sure some root exposure ? you know really loosen up the rockwoll - works well - that if you wan to a soil grow and then again some just plant in soil without the "barrier" I just go soil but see were there might be a better nutrient up-take using rockwool cubes/slabs ?)
I think he is planning on growing in rock wool.
It’s completel different from growing in soil.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

would be a bit more "tricky" with the nutrients - have planted a plug in soil and things turned out just fine
Oh yea there’s nothing wrong with that. I was just saying I think he wants to keep it in the rock wool. I never saw anything about moving to soil or a new container. Why would it be tricky with nutrients? You decide what goes in. If a plant doesn’t like it...change it. With soil you have little control of the plant doesn’t like it. You need to know your soil very well

PJack

PJack

I have never tried soil. Only done rockwool slabs and sometimes really big cubes (Big Mama from Grodan) with a top feed.

I have had really good results over the years. I like the control and the simplicity (clean, consistent, easy to flush and changes nutes) that comes with straight rockwool top feed.

Most of my plants usually reach decent sizes and yields in slabs. I had an HSO Chemdog recently that gave me just over 6 ounces of trimmed and cured bud. Also had a Skunk #1 that gave me 14 ounces trimmed (dry weight). (I just dropped another Chemdog and Super Silver Haze beans last night.)

Slabs also keep a lot moisture inside the plastic. Smaller plants can go days without watering. Just pick up the slab with plant in it an you can tell when it is drying out (by weight). It's REALLY low-maintenance.

PJack

PJack

Transplanting from rockwool to soil is more suitable for a seedling. The stress on a bigger plant may not go over so well and would probably stall the plant for weeks, if it even survived.

Soil is becoming more interesting to me as I run out of new things to try. I understand taste can be better when grown in soil. Definitely on my to-do list.

PJack

PJack

I lived in Thailand for 10 years and smoked their weed every single day, including months on the island (Koh Chang) this strain is claimed to be from. The bud over there is not really cured, and I never saw buds in Bankok or the islands (it's 100% brick pack). I never saw a single trichome on Thai weed in all those years, so it's funny to see them already popping up on this tiny Thai plant in my garage.

Wild Thailand 20180327
PJack

PJack

I did get some nice buds in Laos. Real cheap too. I think it was 5 dollars for about 1/4 or 1/2 ounce from the tuk-tuk drivers in Vientiane. Really good stuff too.

Laos buds
PJack

PJack

So, this poor little Thai plant has become quite amusing. It seems to have stopped growing in height. It seems quite robust. But it's only 13 inches tall at about day 37 of flowering.

20180405 Wild Thailand
PJack

PJack

I defoliated a bit more. This things is pretty bushy and needed to get some light on the inner buds. In spite of it's height, the quality of the buds look pretty spectacular....LOL

Wild Thailand inside 20180406
Wild Thailand outside 20180406
PJack

PJack

For a plant that is only about 1/3 of the way into a pretty long flowering period, I think the buds look pretty tasty. Hope it is worth the 13 week wait. The yield is going to be ridiculous...maybe an ounce?

Wild thailand 20180406 135612
Wild thailand 20180406 135541
Wild thailand 20180406 135554
K

kansabis

I don't think its going to be a 13 weeker and it sure is a cool little runt though.

K

kansabis

Never mind i forgot how to do math for a minute,it might go 13 weeks.

PJack

PJack

Never mind i forgot how to do math for a minute,it might go 13 weeks.
...LOL Who knows? I'll just be waiting for it to finish. Normally, I've thrown things out when they have been problematic. This thing probably has about 6 weeks to go. It's one of those plants you just keep and don't worry about. It'll finish eventually. I've got a blue dream, a super silver haze and a skunk #1 growing to keep me entertained on a daily basis while I wait. ; )~

Latest posts

Top Bottom