Yellowing leaves turning brown PICS!!!

• Thread starter Thriv3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thriv3

Thriv3

Not all the plants are being affected. Lets play the name that deficiency game :smoke

First pic is one of the healthy girls the 2nd is the problem. This is day 32 flower. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Yellowing leaves turning brown pics

Yellowing leaves turning brown pics 2

Legion

Legion

How about you tell us what your using and how? Sometimes that helps a person like me see what you might be missing.

It can be many things. Lock out, Ca Mg, pH issues. Lack of nutes all together. I'll tell you one thing I'm pretty sure it's not over fed.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Tiger bloom 8 mils, Big bloom 15 mils, cha ching 1/4 tsp, CalMag 3 mils, Sweet 5 mils, Liquid karma 5 mils, bioheaven 5 mils, silica-blast 5 mils, roots excel 1 mil. PER GALLON. comes out to about 1100ppm if i remember correctly.. I adjust my PH to 6.4.

I hit it with full strength, then half strength, then water with 10 mils hygrozyme, 2mils budcandy, 15 mils BMO super plant tonic. PER GALLON. and repeat...

B

BG003

Looks like the natural progression of the plant.. The fan leaves will turn yellow and die off near the end of flowering. It happens..

Thriv3

Thriv3

I'm open to all criticism to my feeding as i'm kinda new to this completely controlled feeding routine. My medium sunshine #4 mix with 60% perlite. How many posts do i need until my posts show up instantly???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tiger bloom 8 mils, Big bloom 15 mils, cha ching 1/4 tsp, CalMag 3 mils, Sweet 5 mils, Liquid karma 5 mils, bioheaven 5 mils, silica-blast 5 mils, roots excel 1 mil. PER GALLON. comes out to about 1100ppm if i remember correctly.. I adjust my PH to 6.4.

I hit it with full strength, then half strength, then water with 10 mils hygrozyme, 2mils budcandy, 15 mils BMO super plant tonic. PER GALLON. and repeat...
Holy shit, that's a LOT of different stuff to hit them with at the same time. Why so much, so many different things?

Also, that pH I believe is too high for the Sunshine Mix, but don't hold me to that. I thought it was coco-based soilless medium, and needs to be treated a bit like coco; i.e. pH adjusted to 5.8-6.2.

Your girls look burned to hell, looks like they're suffering a phosphorous issue, could be toxicity or that it's locked out. You have *got* to simplify that recipe.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Simplify, thats the best advice ever :). i'll cut some things out of the routine and just stick to my base nutes for the rest of the cycle. I'll drop my Ph to 5.7 and give them alil flush. Hows that sound seamaiden?

also checked my run off the ppm's are 1600 :surprised

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Flush, definitely, and simplify, yes. Base nutes with pushes, I usually do it every 5-10 days, and then when they get those boosters/pushed nutes, I give just that to them, not in addition to the base nutes. Does that make sense?

LBH

LBH

I do it the same way as maiden. And I agree that you've just hit them with way too much stuff at once.

I'll have to disagree with legion though, I think that plant has just seen too much, too fast.

Flushing and simplifying should certainly help.

As or the ph, maybe not as low at 5.7,....5.8,5.9 is fine. You don't want to risk locking out the cal or mag, even though you're pretty far in and they aren't calling for much of those now, it's still important.

Good luck and keep us posted please :)

Thriv3

Thriv3

Flush, definitely, and simplify, yes. Base nutes with pushes, I usually do it every 5-10 days, and then when they get those boosters/pushed nutes, I give just that to them, not in addition to the base nutes. Does that make sense?

Got it!!! thanks so much for ur help!!!

@ lbh my next run with blue dream i will be copying ur screen. i'm actually building it now :) i will update this through harvest U guys/ladies deserve to see the fruits of your knowledge!

O

OG4UanME

i would have to agree with seamaiden on simplifying things, its too hard to pinpoint problems otherwise. phosphorous seems to be the issue but weather its def. or locked
out has to be judged by you in the end. good luck.

Legion

Legion

At day 37. (week 5) of flower. You should have been hitting them pretty hard. They (Foxfarm) wants you to be using Grow and Bloom @ 2 tsp (10ml) per gallon. Up until the 5th week + the 15ml big bloom and 2.5ml beastie. Then on week 5/6 they want you do drop the grow and run the 10ml bloom and 15 big bloom + the others. Not that this is what you HAVE to do but it's a general guideline. My plants have always be able to handle more then what the label says but that's my plants and that's not always the case for everyone.

Like Sea said, keep it simple. Pull it back if that's what you think you need to do. I'd Lay off the cha ching.

But, to me. Unless you have super hard water and have lock out. You just didn't feed enough earlier.

:icon_spin:

no worries though, it sill looks good and you'll be happy. :)

L

lil miss lone

Are there any pests in the garden? Flying tiny fungus knat looking bugs or crawlies on the top of your medium??

P

Phil McCracken

like everyone so far said, start out with a flush...im telling u this from experience....i had this same thing happen to my plants on day 34 of flower...pretty damn strange right....i think i had it narrowed down to magnesium def....so i foliar fed with epson salt..1/2 tsp per gallon and after about doing this every 2 to 4 days for 3 weeks, my ladies damn near bounced back more healthier than they were before the deficiency....hope this helps....Ganja

Thriv3

Thriv3

Right now i'm thinking my PH might have been the culprit locking out my Phosphorus. After the flush with 5.8 ph water they started bulking up. It could of just been the stage they are at but the buds are feeling a lot more dense now. i'll post up some pics tmrw, they arent getting greener just finally starting to grow again.

@cemsgirl. In veg i had a small problem with fungus gnats but they didn't last long :) they've been pest free all through flower. unfortunately lost my only g13 cut to those little bastards :(

@legion. do you know about how high the ppm should be in sunshine #4 at this point for blue dream??? they were at 1600 when i ran some RO water through the pots. i'll post a more current ppm tmrw also.

L

lil miss lone

They are Not fungus knats. I thought that was the problem for so long with mine then another grower friend of mine told me about root aphids. That is what it looks like you have. The lower leaves will turn slightly up as if nute burned, then the leaf edges and tips go brown and dead starting from the outside in. Whats going on is the fuckers are feeding on your roots sucking out all the nutrients. They excrete something in there saliva that does not allow the roots to heal. It looks like some kind of phantom defiency. Its a new thing from what I've heard, and devastating. Your yields will suffer. The leaves look like they are getting that nice fade when you flush, but all throughout flower, no matter how high the ppms.
The things only take the winged form when the population in the medium is out of control.
What to do: In VEG ONLY you can do a drench with Bayer Tree and Shrub, kills em dead, But you can't use it in flower, or within 60 days of harvest I've heard. What we are doing in flower is a soil drench (well coco drench) of 30ml per gallon Azatrol, plus I foliar spray with the azatrol once a week and Green Magic once a week. We use Hygrozyme with every feed for the root damage.
My man has done alot of studying lately, plus I pay attention. I hope this helps you buddy

T

Tr33

cemsgirl is correct, that's the signature damage of root aphids. your roots are being slime by the devil bug.
Imid is your only solution, but you are way to late into flowering to do anything safe.
they will survive, but the yield will be seriously compromised.

sorry thriv3

Thriv3

Thriv3

shit....goin to home depot for bayer tree and shrub for my ladies in veg. for the flower ladies, gonna flush again see if i can see any in the water with my microscope. :( i just finished a fight with spider mites, leaf hoppers, and now this i hope ur wrong no offense lol. i'll post tonite to confirm if i find those asshole bugs.

Does anyone know how late i can use SNS 203??? SNS hooked me up with a 16oz bottle of concentrate as a sample. I've heard good things about the 217 for spider mites but i think the 203 is fairly new.

Legion

Legion

@legion. do you know about how high the ppm should be in sunshine #4 at this point for blue dream??? they were at 1600 when i ran some RO water through the pots. i'll post a more current ppm tmrw also.

Foxfarm is one of those guys that don't have PPM suggestions on their bottles.

Your Bio Heaven and CalMag can add 200+ of ppm on top of what you already have and I'd assume you were starting with something like 60 or less PPM water. 1600 seems like it should be the ticket but if you started with 400 ppm water then it's not that much when you add in the CalMag or Bio Heaven.

I'm a little slow? How did we get on root aphids? Normally I'd wait to see the bug before I can identify it. It might be the cause, but did I miss something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom