Yellowing leaves turning brown PICS!!!

• Thread starter Thriv3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

I believe that the Bayer Tree and Shrub is systemic and lasts for a long time. People keep recommending this stuff but I'd be very careful. It states it offers 12 months of protection, but can be used on nut trees, apples, pears etc so it may be ok. But I'd look for something organic, especially if you have any breathing issues. For gnats, check out GoGnats. I've recently started using this and I love it.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Foxfarm is one of those guys that don't have PPM suggestions on their bottles.

Your Bio Heaven and CalMag can add 200+ of ppm on top of what you already have and I'd assume you were starting with something like 60 or less PPM water. 1600 seems like it should be the ticket but if you started with 400 ppm water then it's not that much when you add in the CalMag or Bio Heaven.

I'm a little slow? How did we get on root aphids? Normally I'd wait to see the bug before I can identify it. It might be the cause, but did I miss something?

cemsgirl believes it is root aphids because i had what i thought was a fungus gnat problem that might have been flying roots aphids. they make the plant look like it has a deficiency problem cuz they munch down on the roots. i'll be confirming later on tonight when the lights are on. im gonna look in the soil and run off for any bugs/larva with my microscope.
I actually do use RO water that starts out at about 5ppm.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Holy shit, that's a LOT of different stuff to hit them with at the same time. Why so much, so many different things?

Also, that pH I believe is too high for the Sunshine Mix, but don't hold me to that. I thought it was coco-based soilless medium, and needs to be treated a bit like coco; i.e. pH adjusted to 5.8-6.2.

Your girls look burned to hell, looks like they're suffering a phosphorous issue, could be toxicity or that it's locked out. You have *got* to simplify that recipe.

excellent advice thanks Seamaiden!!! I'll work my pushes in the the routine every other week. That sound good??? ex. week 2,4,6 get one feed with my pushes and the rest of the time i'll rotate my base nute feeding and hygrozyme, SPT, and bud candy.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just a couple of things. At 1100 ppm I doubt you are under feeding them. Calmg is the most over diagnosed problem on these boards. Seems to be the fall back problem for everything. With that many additives I truly doubt you have any kind of deficiency. If anything a toxicity of something. Mg will pop up on a ph issue not Ca. Sunshine #4 is a peat based mix. Peat has a real low ph. Sunshine has alot of lime in it to buffer it. Following foxfarms schedule will put your nutes a little too high unless you are in hydro.

Yea man I thought I had Fungus gnats with the same exact symptoms as you are showing. Started in veg. Hit them with BTi and that knocked them down but not out. Azatrol dunks seems to get them almost completely gone for about 3 months after that. Then flower rooms yield got cut in about half. Again thought I was fighting a gnat problem. After reading that thread all the way through
on IC and taking my ladies advice I realized it was aphids not gnats.

Just check you medium. Dig up about the top 3 or 4 inches and disturb it quite a bit. Then look real close on the side of your pot and in your medium. You will see them if you have them. Some plants will hit hard other will almost look unaffected.

Mystery nute problems that cannot be fixed when you know you have the right PH, conditions, nutes and environment it is most likely a bug or something worse like a viral or fungal infection. I know alot of people will try and not believe the worse but sometimes thats the case. Bite the bullet. If it ends up being aphids dont bother with the bio controls, neem, pyrethrum, ect. I used Triazicide at 11 ml per gallon. Fucking genocide in my room. Nasty chemical. These are not getting flowered for a while so now was the perfect time to hit them with a nuke. Saving the Bayer if I need it. It could be another problem but check that road to save you time and your moms/crop. Best of luck and crossing my fingers thats not the case.

Thriv3

Thriv3

while i was digging i didnt see anything crawling deep in the soil but while i was digging i saw on lil guy fly up...never saw one bug til now WTF!!! Although i didnt see anything crawling around that one flying bug has me convinced. im treating them with the 203 tmrw. 2 more weeks and these ladies are done so im just gonna try to slow them down til harvest. im gonna do wut i can for those ladies in veg.

@cemchris would u recommend using that triazicide one month before i put them into flower??? i'll be using the bayer tree and shrub then hit them with the triazicide what do you think???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
excellent advice thanks Seamaiden!!! I'll work my pushes in the the routine every other week. That sound good??? ex. week 2,4,6 get one feed with my pushes and the rest of the time i'll rotate my base nute feeding and hygrozyme, SPT, and bud candy.
I do my pushes on a five day rotation, fives and tens.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The Triazicide is a contact killer. The Bayer will kill for 60 days plus. Depends on your situation. I had buggers crawling in my medium. The contact killer wiped them out. Both the chemcials will stay with the plant for a little. I would read that thread on ICmag. Also get some yellow sticky traps. Make sure they are aphids not fungus gnats. Fungus gnats are alot easier to control and you dont have to take drastic measures. If they are in flower I would use something like Azatrol till they are done to control them somewhat. Man best of luck to ya. Sounds like you caught it early. Lucky.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Confirmed veg has little crawling bugs in medium!!! I decided to go with the spectracide since its not systemic for my veg room and run the 203 in the flower room because its just organic ingredients, clove and rosemary oils.

I'm really glad i started this thread U guys and ladies have been beyond awesome!!! :) i got advice for my feeding and identified an unknown pest. Now how to go about finishing up this run after i soak with the sns 203? should i just keep running RO with hygrozyme (for the aphid damage) and maybe bud candy for the remaining 2 weeks??? my soil ppm is still at 1000. I've decided to let the blue dream go for 8 weeks instead of the 9 i planned.

L

lil miss lone

^^ that was me, sorry

I'm glad we could help Thriv, and anyone else having this problem. :sun

Legion

Legion

One of the best cures for Root Aphids is Botaniguard.

"Biological insecticide used to control whitefly, thrips, aphids, and many other soft-bodied insects in greenhouse and field crops. Based on the highly successful fungus, Beauveria bassiana, strain GHA, it controls the most troublesome crop pests – even resistant strains. Because of BotaniGard’s superior formulation, higher spore concentration, high viability and proven performance, it outperforms other Beauveria-containing products. When properly applied, BotaniGard’s insect control can equal or exceed that of chemical insecticides."

Not cheap but if I thought I had them I'd get it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Oh no here we go again. The Bio controls dont do shit. Trust me dont waste your money. By the time you start seeing damage on your leaves you need to nuke them or use the bio controls and live with aphids ;)

Are you posting this from experience Legion? Just curious.... If you got rid of them that easy prob werent root aphids. Spider mites aint got shit on these things. I wasted my money on that product just like lady bugs, green lacewings, and predator mites for spider mites bout a year ago. Know what worked? Azatrol on a weekly schedule after I used it to kill all the beneficials. Beneficials work if you have a very onset of a problem. By the time your plants look damaged you have an infestation and bio controls are just throwing money down the drain. They work great once you get rid of a problem and want some control and preventative measure. Cost hugely out ways effectiveness.

Thriv3

Thriv3

yup im hitting them with spectracide then i'll be looking into organic preventatives. i had spider mites and had to hit'em hard to eradicate them completely. I am as safe as possible and only use harsh pesticides in veg. my grows are not cash crops just for friends, family and myself.

LBH

LBH

lost my only g13 cut to those little bastards :(

oh,...that hurts!!!

I've used Captain Jacks Dead bug brew (w/spinosad) Fully organic and it's been used here on spider mites and trips, no issue, no affect on the bud. Bugs are history with 1 application. I don't know the science behind it all but I know it fixed my problem both times.

Just a note- Kudos to you guys in this thread, some great help here.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Here's a quick update!!! they're still fattening up alil not as fast as usual but im just glad they're doing something LOL!!! 2 more weeks and they're comin down!!!

IMG 20101009 200054

Thriv3

Thriv3

dipped all my clones in spectracide an watched the root aphids swim around for alil before dying. I'm hoping they died because of the poison and not because the just drowned in the glass container.

Thriv3

Thriv3

Finally to conclude this thread. The plants became significantly more yellow than pictured above. My yield was very low only 3/4 oz. per plant :( i basically nuked everything in my veg room with spectracide to get rid of these root aphids. Since the flush 2 weeks ago i've only caught one flying bug in my veg room compared to 6-10 a day i'd say they're under control. Thank you everyone who chimed in and helped out i would have probably had poor harvests for awhile before i figured it out on my own.

L

lil miss lone

I'm glad you figured out your problem Thriv. If you still have flyers in veg though, perhaps you might hit them with the imid (bayer tree and shrub), just to be completely sure there gone. (remember, they only sprout wings when the infestation is bad) That is what I did in veg. Also, Azatrol is my best friend. I do know how you feel about yields and stuff though, its kind of sad, made me want to quit before I realized what was wrong and got a handle on it. But, onward and upward; the worst is behind you :)

Thriv3

Thriv3

Hello lil miss, i went to the hydro store and was told azatrol wouldn't do anything even as a preventative. I transplanted my ladies in veg tonight and had the chance to inspect the roots very closely and saw no sign of any crawlies on any of the roots WHOOT!!!! I might have over killed with the spectracide i ran it 15mils per gallon but had no ill side effects to the plants. they'll get a couple more weeks of veg before i flip them, hopefully i won the war on these lil bastards.

B

biggun4me

I had a serious bug problem that cost me a whole harvest, since then I use 2ml per gallon of AzaMax in every feeding and I have no sign of those fuckers anywhere.. I start using it in veg and continue it in flower... Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom