£10 million cannabis gang behind bars for a decade

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

£10 million cannabis gang behind bars for a decade

A gang of international drug traffickers have been jailed for conspiracy to supply more than three tonnes of cannabis worth £10 million.

Businessman Keith Morez, 60, from Sevenoaks, and his unemployed fellow gang members Chris Brown, 55, from Greenhithe, and Gerard Dutton, 61, from Suffolk, were each given 10-year sentences at Kingston Crown Court.

The Metropolitan Police’s Projects Team spent several months investigating the organised criminal network, which involved importing and supplying cannabis from southern Spain, as part of Operation Cromer.

Det Insp Grant Johnson said: “This group was highly organised in the way they imported drugs.

“They used criminal contacts in the UK and Spain, going out of their way to disassociate themselves from the cargo by using false companies and deliberately deceiving legitimate haulage companies.”

The Met’s Projects Team passed intelligence onto Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) officers who searched a Spanish registered lorry in April last year finding 1.5 tonnes of cannabis resin with a street value of around £4.2million.

The lorry was seized in Coquelles Port in Normandy, France, and had been travelling from Murcia in Spain bound for the UK. The drugs were found hidden in six pallets of floor tiles when the vehicle reached England.

In July, 2008, another Spanish-registered lorry was stopped by HMRC officers at the Port of Dover where they discovered 1.56 tonnes of the now class B substance worth around £4m that had been hidden in pallets of ‘dressed stone’.

Intelligence from the seizures led Guardia Civil Grupo de Drogas officers to search a warehouse in southern Spain where a further 690 kilos of cannabis valued at £1.93m was found.

DI Grant Johnson said: “Both of these lorry loads were significant seizures, headed for the streets of the capital and these sentences are testament to how seriously both the police and judicial system, take this dangerous, newly reclassified, class B drug.”

Morez, of Billet Hill, ran a legitimate traffic management company but was found to be a senior member of the drug network, the Met said.

He acted as Brown’s right-hand man, liaising with criminals in Spain and was responsible for transporting the drugs once they reached the UK.

Police arrested him in October last year while he was in his car on the A20 in Kent. He pleaded guilty on January 13 this year before sentencing at Kingston with the other men last Friday.

Detectives found that Brown was in total control of the importation side of the trafficking and actively involved in both lorry hauls of drugs seized.

He was seen meeting face-to-face with Spanish drug suppliers and kept in telephone contact with Morez and Dutton.

Brown was arrested in his car near the Dartford Bridge in July last year.

Dutton set up two fake companies so the gang could use them to employ legitimate haulage companies to import the loads of cannabis from Spain into the UK.

He was arrested in north Yorkshire in July last year. Police said the lorry drivers and haulage companies involved in the case were innocent victims and had been duped into believing they were carrying genuine loads of tiles and stone.

Bob Gaiger, a spokesman for HMRC, said: “This is a perfect example of the successful working partnership that exists between the Met Police and HMRC.

“We will continue to work together to prevent drugs from entering the UK and harming our communities. We will not only focus on those transporting these deadly drugs, but also those who mastermind and finance this illegal activity.”

Source: http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news...-for-a-decade-newsinkent21809.aspx?news=local

Busted
D

drpressure600

. . sad for the lads, just sick to see it fall apart . .

R

recuser

Reeferman so what are you saying that soapbar is made out side of spain??? just wondering why they would want to import it???a kg of good hashish aint nothing but like $400-600???

T

todgerdelburro

Reeferman so what are you saying that soapbar is made out side of spain??? just wondering why they would want to import it???a kg of good hashish aint nothing but like $400-600???

Money, Profit, Greed.

Poo bar is a few hundred $/KG, but decent hash is over $1,000, some nearer $2,000.

People in the UK will not pay good money for good hash, so the smugglers only bother sending poo bar over there. Likewise, decent weed in the UK normally only has one price wether it be pure Haze or just a bland commercial Big Bud.

It is made in Morocco, mainly adulterated using a local variety of the Conker tree. Some claim it is made in Spain or the UK, some may be, but plenty comes over to Europe already fiddled with.

2 English guys just got caught with 4,000KG in Spain at pla de la vallonga and they only got 3 years 3 months.

The whole game is getting trickier for these people, Morrocco is clamping down on the production areas and the new Police SIVE radar is expanding and catching more and more of the smugglers preferred fast boats.

G

Goldenboy

i guess thats how the soap bar crumbles shitty for those dudes..

B

boxmunch9

10 yrs, lucky them , in the state that around a life sentence. I knew a guy from montreal that was moven about a 10tonz a month. he is facing life in a US prision now

R

Reeferman

well said guys most soap is from is made in North africa cheap soap sells for the same price as decent morroc is UK ! this I know and I have seen soap in north africa !
Reef

general_sketch

general_sketch

Damn... whenever these sorts of things happen I feel a great disturbance in the force.

B

blue

Todgerde to say that people will not pay for good hash is the most stupid thing I have seen on the net!! The dealers only want the cheap crap sent in as thats how they make the most proffit! if they got in good hash the proffit they would add on would mean no one would pay for it not that people wont pay for good hash as we all know people will.

Besides greedy idiots like these deserve what they get any one selling weed is doing harm to the cause, Med clubs I dont include in this of course.

general_sketch

general_sketch

Unfortunately Blue it has some merit, what was said about the hash. Around my way I know some people that had a hard time with some really great blonde hash. Very spicy flavor... no harsh aftertaste. Super potent, it really did a number on a couple friends in a session. The older heads ate it up but the younger crowd definitely didn't get it. Jus my observation from experience.

B

buddah

Blue u are taking shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

todgerdelburro are right!!!!

Of coure in most countries i lived in Euro(moved 10times and was i deep in the buisness)

hash and weed has one price...most peopel will not pay more if the buds or the hash are from top quallity a bit more but not what the quallity is worth...sorriely

Good quallity hash is easyer to smuggel, and don't get busted so offen course the delivery is a lot smaller is most cases

T

todgerdelburro

Todgerde to say that people will not pay for good hash is the most stupid thing I have seen on the net!! The dealers only want the cheap crap sent in as thats how they make the most proffit! if they got in good hash the proffit they would add on would mean no one would pay for it not that people wont pay for good hash as we all know people will.

Besides greedy idiots like these deserve what they get any one selling weed is doing harm to the cause, Med clubs I dont include in this of course.

blue, I said "People in the UK will not pay good money for good hash, so the smugglers only bother sending poo bar over there. Likewise, decent weed in the UK normally only has one price wether it be pure Haze or just a bland commercial Big Bud."

It may well be very stupid, but sadly it is true, IN THE UK .... I am fully aware the Dutch know their bud and hash, I hear the Germans do too, but the British rarely do.

The profit is or can be the same, or more or less depending on the quality, the problem is the muppets will not pay for it sad, but true.

The funniest bit is, as soon as these English go over to Holland, they instantly turn into dyed in the wool coinisseurs and "only want the best".... only ordering the priciest stuff. I am not a violent man, but you do get very tempted to strangle some people sometimes..... maybe make an example of a couple and the rest will come round .... ;-)

F

FastForward

There's a couple of factors I think you're missing out on. I agree, I think the Brits are renowned as a nation for smoking shit (i.e. we accept what most other countries would back) - whether that's soapbar, wet powerplant/bigbud, 30d Top44 or gritweed.

First up - we're a relatively small island. The rest of Europe can get their weed via Amsterdam or Spain. That's much more of a pain in the ass, and also a shitload more security (especially since 911, when all smugglers found life much harder).

Secondly, it doesn't mean that the UK is full of wanker smokers who only want soap - but that is the general impression and it's not that far off the truth imho. The issue with the soap and the crap is that demand drives it.....and afaik we're the only country that demands it because it's cheap (e.g. £10 for 4g).

Thirdly, we have much shitter weather and privacy laws than many other Euro countries (especially Spain). It means that we have to grow indoors for the majority of people and that's not easy for people in high density cities - and so weed has to be brought rather than grown.

And finally, our laws here mean we're all smoking a Class B substance. It's now less conducive than ever for growing your own and fuelling demand for more shite.

This is why Brits go ballistic in Dam imho. Famine and feast. Also the same reason why weed can never be legalised here, because the UK would grind to a halt.

That's my 2p on it :)

T

todgerdelburro

LOL, yeah but... can you please stop going on about bloody Spain, some of us are trying to keep a low profile here you know ;-)

T

THC_JAY

DAMNNNN !! THATS A SHAME .. AND IM FROM UK ! :(

Sad that none of that good *ish wont be coming my way lol.

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

its all about who you know

the bottom line is soap bar is poison and where im from i know only a handful of dealers who can get good hashish ie caramelo,charis etc. but these people all know each other and its a very small network,so the majority of smokers esp the younger ones with little to spend go for the soap bar not realising just how bad it is,and if its not that its crap leafy damp weed from the same money grabbing gangsters like those caught on this thread. you live and learn.ts1

K

Kalcu

Spending less on a drug when something more expensive is available is always a bad party favor.

I am getting sick of seeing this guys photo on the cover here. It just makes me feel awful every time, I know that feeling of not having any opportunity coming up.

But it's true, in the US he would be doing life in a federal prison. Although I was watching "hamelend defenese" (home land defense) and they showed border agents finding about 100 pounds of south Americas finest schwagg. They freaked when they opened the trunk because it didn't even have a blanket.

Cause what they said this guy would get?

TWO YEARS! That's it, over a million dollars worth of schwagg and only two years (allegedly).

Laws very from state to state but the Feds play hard ball, yet everything still flows on.

I have never seen soapbar, nor do I want to. I don't see why they do that anyhow, seems like they have enough original product.

Oh well, I bet these guys will be stoned on hash in prison anyhow.........maybe even a lady smuggled in once in awhile.

You would think that people would bring hash into US prisons, but gangs are about as dumb with drugs as can be! Prison could actually be better than the outside, and more rehabilitative with quality drug induced experience (and none of that gang crap to foul it up).

T

Trillion

There's a couple of factors I think you're missing out on. I agree, I think the Brits are renowned as a nation for smoking shit (i.e. we accept what most other countries would back) - whether that's soapbar, wet powerplant/bigbud, 30d Top44 or gritweed.

First up - we're a relatively small island. The rest of Europe can get their weed via Amsterdam or Spain. That's much more of a pain in the ass, and also a shitload more security (especially since 911, when all smugglers found life much harder).

Secondly, it doesn't mean that the UK is full of wanker smokers who only want soap - but that is the general impression and it's not that far off the truth imho. The issue with the soap and the crap is that demand drives it.....and afaik we're the only country that demands it because it's cheap (e.g. £10 for 4g).

Thirdly, we have much shitter weather and privacy laws than many other Euro countries (especially Spain). It means that we have to grow indoors for the majority of people and that's not easy for people in high density cities - and so weed has to be brought rather than grown.

And finally, our laws here mean we're all smoking a Class B substance. It's now less conducive than ever for growing your own and fuelling demand for more shite.

This is why Brits go ballistic in Dam imho. Famine and feast. Also the same reason why weed can never be legalised here, because the UK would grind to a halt.

That's my 2p on it :)

Great post FF, i hope whoever is growing all of this fookin PP opens up a hightimes or turns on his internet and learns how to flush his plants lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom