‘smoking Grandma’ Dorothea Reacts To Video’s Popularity, Reach

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
One of the grandmas in the viral video about three charming ladies making a video of their first time smoking marijuana told invalid.com that the positive response she has received has been overwhelming.

“I thought it would be buried deep in the Internet and no one would find it,” said Dorothea, the grandma seated in the middle. “I mean, who searches for videos with grandmas? Guess I was wrong. Every day the number of views just goes up, CRAZY! My friends keep sending me emails from people that had seen it whom I never met. I can’t stop shaking my head.”

Since it was posted on YouTube by Cut.com on Nov. 19, the video of Dorothea, Deirdre (right) and Paula (left) has been viewed more than 16 million times.

Support has been especially strong among her family members she said. Dorothea said she has five grandchildren, including two teen-agers.

“My children are very excited for me and, yes, even proud,” she said. “I didn’t intend for them to see it, but they are into social media and were aware of it even before I was. They have kept me up to date on how ‘I’m going viral.’ All in all, it was and is a good experience. I’m glad I tried marijuana, at least now I can come from a knowledge base when it comes up in discussions.

“I am pleased how the video turned out. (The) CUT producer and director and crew are very kind people, as well as very professional and knowledgeable. I have to admit, it is funny!”

Top Bottom