“alternative” Lighting Cycles

• Thread starter RooR5mm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Knows the difference of what? The lights coming on immediately? If that is your question, of course the plant does. Same as it knows it is 15 degrees outside even though it is in a 76 degree grow room.

Of course it knows the difference, it's probably thinking 'cool, extra light'. 12/12 you're giving it maximum potential growth time.

dan1989

dan1989

Obviously plant phytochrome is over your head. You have nothing to offer to this thread.

Lol so if you're such an expert, why are you even asking the question? :D

7 hours light a day in flowering? Yeah sounds like a great idea.

Do it, I'm happy to be proven wrong. Please post a thread as I'm genuinely interested to see the outcome. Although you've not actually outlined what you hope to achieve with these schedules...

dan1989

dan1989

Oh and if you read the whole thread you'll see my attitude was far from shitty. Why you responded with such a shitty attitude is beyond me. It's a public forum and you're getting emotional when people write their opinions.

You won't last long on this site :)

MW7945

MW7945

Lol so if you're such an expert, why are you even asking the question? :D

7 hours light a day in flowering? Yeah sounds like a great idea.

Do it, I'm happy to be proven wrong. Please post a thread as I'm genuinely interested to see the outcome. Although you've not actually outlined what you hope to achieve with these schedules...

Seems to be the case a lot "hey I have a question but I'm already an expert"

dan1989

dan1989

Seems to be the case a lot "hey I have a question but I'm already an expert"

He's right it's way over my head because I've never researched it, I can't ever recall seeing it used on a grow other than experimental. Shit maybe he's onto something but I don't see what giving them less light overall is going to achieve other than reduced yield...

K

kansabis

The arguement here is being shadowed by everyone's opinions and emotions,sure less hours of light equals less energy to grow,however it isn't a direct comparison to outside anyways as even with lights on 24/7 inside doesn't compare to the sun,and outside cycles are way different anyways,where im at,the sun is never 12/12 or 18/6 for that matter and the amount changes gradually day by day and season by season,closer to the equator it changes even less and is way more intense,as is uv Ray's in higher altitudes,I see nothing wrong with trying to replicate natural cycles and stuff but their is a line somewhere that must be drawn in recognition that indoor and outdoor lighting and environments are different,the reason for the indoor light cycles is to get as much growth as quick as possible in veg and then get the plant to switch to flower as soon as possible and finish as fast as possible. Flowering times are typically a bit longer outdoors as far as the plant transitioning,it's stretched out longer,either way the plant will grow and do what it can with what it has and what it is given,none of us can change that.

K

kansabis

It is the same in a way as domesticating animals,they are being taken out of their normal environment and put into an artificial one,in some ways it's better,in some ways it's worse,just depends on the point of view.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Do you truly believe a plant knows the difference?
Although I agree with most of what you’re saying I do believe the lights going from zero to 100% instantly can be slightly stressful. Not much I’m sure. The gavita controller has a sunrise/sunset function where when my lights turn on they start at 50% and go up to 100% over a 30 min period. The plants seem to like it. Like I said tho, minimal. Haha

scubascrog

scubascrog

Knows the difference of what? The lights coming on immediately? If that is your question, of course the plant does. Same as it knows it is 15 degrees outside even though it is in a 76 degree grow room.

IT DOES NOT KNOW THE OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE LOL

gradually adjusting your plants from 18-6 to 12-12 over 2 weeks will start the stretch early.

.....so if you are too short and you want to explode upwards and space out some node sites....

start going to bed earlier and you'll get taller.....

scubascrog

scubascrog

Plants need time to wake up before they start drinking. any coco schedule will tell you to wait at least an hour after lights on. plants can only process so much in one day before they need to sleep. blasting them with light first thing in the morning is like setting an alarm clock that dumps a bucket of water on your head. not v nice.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Vic1992

Vic1992

nope not bored talking. im going to try this on this grow that im doing along with manifolding as well...stay tune...lets see what happens with that light cycle during flower. ill do a side by side comparison as well...if it theres a difference well know...it never hurts to try things out11

K

kansabis

It never hurts to use common sense either.
nope not bored talking. im going to try this on this grow that im doing along with manifolding as well...stay tune...lets see what happens with that light cycle during flower. ill do a side by side comparison as well...if it theres a difference well know...it never hurts to try things out11

K

kansabis

so just because I want to use that light cycle I dont have common sense??
Don't take it personally but on that matter I'd have to say no,what kind of reasoning so you have for changing the lights around that's nowhere close to natural or established practice????

Vic1992

Vic1992

I get it...just fallow my thread for the results its only been a week since I planted the seedlings...but lets see the results im vegging for 2 months possibly 3 ...so when I start flowering im going to start that new light cycle...there doesn't have to be a natural or established practice for me to experiment...its just experiment to see what happens why would I need reason for that?? as an indoor grower you have the freedom to experiment as much as you want...join my thread and lets see what happens!! @kansabis

hillbil

hillbil

I consider growing anything an adventure and as such nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Top Bottom