🔷 I’m getting excited! 🔷 💊Disco Biscuits🍪

• Thread starter Ross4Twenty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

Hey guys, this is my second post since joining THCFARMER, hope everyone is chilling!

So yeah, the title says it all, getting close to harvest now on my first ever grow. (Technically second but ex gf reported me to the feds😂) last day of feeding them pk13/14, 1 more week of Overdrive and time to start flushing these bad boys!

Fire over your ways of flushing and drying / curing! That is what I’m going to find tricky!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Lookin' good keep up the hard work!

Don't worry about flushing unless you're trying to save on fertilizers. You can if you want to but it won't make any difference in your end product.

What is important is how you dry and cure your buds. I hang mine upside down to dry and then once the branches snap when bent, that's generally a good sign they're ready to go to a container of sorts. Grove bags, ball jars, whatever you prefer.

Curing, if done properly will increase your THC quite a bit. I generally cure for at least a couple of months. Some folks go as long as 6 months but for me 3 months is the usual max.

I believe there are some more thorough explanations of drying/curing process here -> https://www.thcfarmer.com/learn/

The 2 key points in curing, aside from time of course, are "burping" and darkness. You will need to burp containers on a regular basis especially the first week or two, and keeping the buds in total darkness is very important to keep that THC increasing.

Good luck, partner!

🤠

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Disco Biscuits the band? Then you got a pill in there, you got the Feds after you, you're super-flushing.....what's going on??

Plants look good. ;)

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Hey guys, this is my second post since joining THCFARMER, hope everyone is chilling!

So yeah, the title says it all, getting close to harvest now on my first ever grow. (Technically second but ex gf reported me to the feds😂) last day of feeding them pk13/14, 1 more week of Overdrive and time to start flushing these bad boys!

Fire over your ways of flushing and drying / curing! That is what I’m going to find tricky!
I just water feed the last week, let the plants cannibalize whatever nutrients are in the leaves, and a hearty dry out then cut. Letting the plant dry out before chop is a way to speed up hang drying. After that I do a good cure in my hygrometer jars, want to know more shout. Welcome, glad your gone from shady af exes….👊🏻

IMG 5389
IMG 5388
IMG 3236
Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

I just water feed the last week, let the plants cannibalize whatever nutrients are in the leaves, and a hearty dry out then cut. Letting the plant dry out before chop is a way to speed up hang drying. After that I do a good cure in my hygrometer jars, want to know more shout. Welcome, glad your gone from shady af exes….👊🏻
Did you make that jar yourself? If not where can I get them from? Thanks

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Did you make that jar yourself? If not where can I get them from? Thanks
Yeah I made them. 25 pack of hygrometers, and the largest ball mason jars available, used an 1/8in drill bit, made holes where the corners would be, used wire cutters to snip the tin out of the way. Then I used artist clay to putty it in. I used artist clay because it doesn’t cure, it makes a perfect seal.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah I made them. 25 pack of hygrometers, and the largest ball mason jars available, used an 1/8in drill bit, made holes where the corners would be, used wire cutters to snip the tin out of the way. Then I used artist clay to putty it in. I used artist clay because it doesn’t cure, it makes a perfect seal.
Dig that. But I'm not making one of those let alone 25 or more. I'd end up with cuts on my hands and glass and putty all over the floor. ;) . But those are great. I'm gonna have to buy some already made.... :(

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Dig that. But I'm not making one of those let alone 25 or more. I'd end up with cuts on my hands and glass and putty all over the floor. ;) . But those are great. I'm gonna have to buy some already made.... :(
They are completely worth it either way bro. No guess work, go in the dark room, flip on the light a quick air exchange. It’s nice during later curing, I lay all the jars on their side and stack them after the first 2-3 weeks, just gotta shoot the pile a look real quick and carry on.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
They are completely worth it either way bro. No guess work, go in the dark room, flip on the light a quick air exchange. It’s nice during later curing, I lay all the jars on their side and stack them after the first 2-3 weeks, just gotta shoot the pile a look real quick and carry on.
I do slow cure, and mason jars are the majority of the time. I probably dry a little slower than most, and cure at a lower temp too. I just wing it. But i should buy some large jars with humidity gage. Then I won't have to open them as often.

Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

Drying & curing is what is worrying me the most. For my first time I’ve compared mine with others on this site and I’m doing a pretty dam good job !

Tent is located outside inside a shed , this summer it’s pretty hot causing the shed to skyrocket in temp. I really hope I don’t fry them in there when drying

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Drying & curing is what is worrying me the most. For my first time I’ve compared mine with others on this site and I’m doing a pretty dam good job !

Tent is located outside inside a shed , this summer it’s pretty hot causing the shed to skyrocket in temp. I really hope I don’t fry them in there when drying
You're definitely not going to want to dry, and especially not cure in a hot environment. In fact, cool is better. See if you can find a cool, dark place, with a little air flow.....if it's in the low 60s that would be great. Drying (really "almost drying") shoud take about 5-7 days depending on various factors. But curing is this whole, pretty much daily process of maintaining this constant fluctuation between in the jars, lids on for a day or two, getting a little re-moistened, then lids off for a day or two to dry a little more, then lids back on.......it's this back and forth process that leads to good curing. A couple of weeks are good, 4 weekse3 is better.

Last edited:
Ross4Twenty

Ross4Twenty

Hey :) sorry not updated had a few issues with the plants etc but all is now good, 1 out of the 3 was ready to harvest and the other two are not far off at all so to be sure not to over do the one that is ready I’ve decided to cut it down and turn lights off for 72 hours for the other 2.

Temp is sitting at 22 degrees on a night time and 24 in the day time, one fan at the bottom and another attached to the corner blowing underneath but not directly on the good stuff.

Humidity is at 56-65%, hoping for whole dryness within the next 10 days ready to be placed in jars and put away to cure. Any advice is greatly appreciated as this is my first grow that has reached to harvest! Good times
F4C9FFB0 A442 4D07 9C4E 561D894C7697

Pilted

Pilted

Oh I am going to make one, only thing I'm missing is the clay, but I think plumber's putty will work.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh I am going to make one, only thing I'm missing is the clay, but I think plumber's putty will work.
It will work 100% I use artist clay because it doesn’t smell as bad as pipe dope. And it never really cures either. So if you need to do maintenance to the lid, you can reuse the clay more easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom