1.2Kw dr240w Tent build and 1st scrog

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Hey people.

Just back from a long vacation i couldnt avoid!

Ill post up work ill do tomoro after good nights sleep! Im soo jettlagged. 22 hours flying.

I had a friend take care of the girl when i was away and WOW they've grown. All are about 1.5 high so i will do my best with a screen tomoro. I should able to sort it all out with a couple of days work.

I'll post up photos and records tomorrow when i do some work. The girls look really healthy. :)

My old room is now time for harvest so busy busy!

T

theTinker

Big update
Been working on the tent the last few days.
Set up half the screen, the ducting, the lights, plants, and watering.

Picture time!
Lights + Cooling:
IMG_3699.JPG
IMG_37061.JPG
IMG_37081.JPG

IMG_3709.JPG

Watering: drippers added later.
IMG_3717.JPG

Screen:
IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_37141.JPG

IMG_37131.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_37221.JPG

After placing the screen above the plants, I pushed it down until it was 12 inches above the pots. inch by inch, carefully pulling out any bent stalks.
IMG_3726.JPG
IMG_37251.JPG
IMG_37241.JPG
IMG_37271.JPG
IMG_3728.JPG
IMG_3729.JPG
IMG_37311.JPG

In the last 3 pictures, I've weaved the plants through the screen. I reckon about 40-50% of the screen is full. I expect this to jump quickly as there is alot of smaller branches just beneath the screen that will now recieve better light and growing into it.

Any suggestions, Please give them. I've never done a screen before so Im making it up as i go along.

Thanks for all the help so far.

@acdambrosio 12 inches above the pots. This was just because any lower and branches would start to break. the plants were grown with no screen and vegged quickly.

@SaltyWerkz haha i do also feel like a kid at christmas with new stuff :)

@Happy Daze Yep, Was away for about 10 days so couldnt do anything.

@greenguy,Maton2219,EastCoastGrow Thanks guys, Much appreciate the support and following. Jump in with any questions, comments(good or bad) and whatever whenever.

Tomorrow I shall add another line of 3 plants and add a much smaller screen in. Im too wiped to do it tonight.

There will be 12 haze plants in total 4*3. I shall have 5*3 next round.
I think i like to leave a row free for things like large fans, dehumidifiers, and a bit of moving room.

T

theTinker

looking very, very professional my man, all should go well fo you with this new setup, im not sure if you said this or not, but i tske it your doin hydro are you, or are you going with a soil grow? if so hat size pots yuh plan on useing?

Also, 3weeks ago, i sexxed my nirvanas chrystal female with my dominican republic male, once i get these seeds and grow out 20 tester plants starting off, i plan to pick the best male and best female, sex them two togetherto get a dominican chrystal F1 Hybrid,
Myquestion is i posted this issue 1 month ago and never heard anything on it, but if your willing to take 10 to 20seeds off my hands here, the F1 Hybrid ones, ill be glad to send up no more then 20 seeds to you to test out with me while i grow them here in canada, ad you grow them where you live, where ever that might be haha, stay in touch!!
Caper

I missed this post entirely.
Sure i will. Im actually in the market for another strain. I had a great haze, and a cheese + Red Diesel. The cheese has turned out a total waste of time after 2 grows. and the Diesel leaves a bit of wanting. The haze has outperformed them every time. I'll have room for them after my next grow. I expect christmas time.

Thanks man.

T

theTinker

After 12 hours since the first canopy control. It needed to be done some more!
All the stems and leaves orientated themselves over night and i had lots of new tops that needed to be tucked!

Happened alot faster than i expected, and the smaller branches are also growing quickly.

I now have a 50%+ full canopy. A little bare on the edges, a little over crowded in the middle!

So Tonight will be the last day on 24/0 before the flip. This should put me at about 60% full canopy before the flip.

I know my Haze grows twice the size in flower so this should get me to 90-100% full after stretch!

:)

hiboy

hiboy

I like your opening posts... moved my bed out to make more room....
who needs a bed as long as you got pot..hahhhhaa
h

T

theTinker

I will add a support pipe piece through the middle vertically so it stops that bend. It doesnt prove a problem but it would add a bit of extra stability.

I really like using the pipes, Easy to cut, clean, doesnt attract pests or growth of mold, easy to join/remove together infinite times, So light that height adjustment is simply as they only require cable ties to hold to tent support bars. This also allows the net to be position higher on one side if needed.
For my case it was. As a couple of plants were larger than the others.

Custom net size etc, just dril holes and put the string in any you want.

I wanted to avoid supporting it from the bottom as im stuck for room and wanted it adjustable. I'll decide during the grow if it turns out to be a good thing or not!

Im very happy with my tent so far.

With lights running and being air cooled. It stays 78-84F. I have a crack in the door and a fan blowing air out to supplement CO2. I plan to add CO2, Finances will decide if its this round or not.
Im concerned about Bottles as people will see me moving these in and out.

T

theTinker

Day 7 of flowering:

Flipped into Flowering exactly 7 days ago.
23rd Oct.

The canopy has been controlled/tucked every 2nd second day. Any longer and it gets difficult.
It's looking about 70%+ full. Im hoping for just a little more coverage.

It takes 12-24 hours for the canopy when tucked to revert back to pointing at the lights.

Its gotten hard to find new places within reach of branches.

Here are some pictures of the canopy all tucked tonight. I shall update with pictures in 2 days to show the tops when they pop back up!

IMG_37462.JPG

IMG_37411.JPG

IMG_37402.JPG

IMG_37341.JPG

IMG_37371.JPG

Largest gap area unfilled is near corners. The middle area is swamped.
IMG_37391.JPG

IMG_37321.JPG

The screen looks emptier in these pictures as they branches have just been tucked and quite a few are lying horizontal and squished under a piece of twine. Its about 70%+ full by my guess.

Watered @
Liquid Silicon @1ml/L
Canna flores @ 2ml/L
Canna veg @ 2ml/L (this was an accident!)
Rhizontic @ 4ml/L

The veg formula was an accident, I hope it doesnt burn the girls. I've diluted the whole res with a bit of extra water to thin things out. I dont think it should cause any harm at this early stage.

Questions:
1: How do i know when i should stop tucking? I want all the tops pointing towards the lights and a couple of inches from the screen I think.

2: My tent is open for 7 hours of the 12 hour light cycle. Is the other 5 ok to have it closed regards CO2 depletion? Will the tent have enough CO2 for 5 hours or is it quickly diminished? Im getting a fresh air intake and scrubber but it'll be a week.

3: My lights are quite cool. Should i be putting these closer than 10 inches to the canopy? at 10 inches the entire canopy gets decent light. The edges are less intense of course. Should the light footprint determine the height of the light as such?

T

theTinker

Day 14 of flowering:

Watered @
Canna flores 4ml/L
Liquid Silicon 1ml/L
Adding bloombastic at Day 21 and dropping Silicon at Day 49.

RH between 50-60% lights on. about 60% after a couple hours of darkness + dehumidfier.

The liquid silicon is nice. This helps with Heat tolerance, thicker stems and leaves, and more importantily thicker heavier buds as all it does is build thicker cell walls which is all that is left after the bud is dried!

The canopy is looking good. I wish I had tucked a few of the bigger buds and stems a little more as they are 1-3inches higher than the rest. The bigger stems/bud sites have more leaf so they continually grow faster than emerging sites. I must take this into consideration for next round. TUCK BIGGER BUDS MORE THAN LITTLE BUDS.

Pic time! :D
IMG_3778.JPG
IMG_37791.JPG
IMG_37831.JPG
IMG_37862.JPG
IMG_37931.JPG
IMG_37971.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG

T

theTinker

Day 22 of Flowering

Watered @
Canna flores 4ml/L
Liquid Silicon 1ml/L
Bloombastic 0.3ml/L
Ph 6.4
RH 55% lights on, 70% lights off, 90% lights off spike
Temp 19C lights off, 25C lights on.

Plants are all looking great. Not a bother on any of them :)

Ive grown this strain a few times and this is by far the best cycle, scrogging seems to really suit them and the buds are sticky n sweet smelling already.

Today im adding thier bloombastic which makes thier size shoot up so im excited for the next weeks growth :) Its all gravy from here on in :)

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_38721.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_38751.JPG

T

theTinker

Day 27 of flowering

Watered @
Canna flores 4ml/L
Liquid Silicon 1ml/L
Bloombastic 0.6ml/L
Ph 6.5
RH 55% lights on, 80% lights off, 90% lights off spike
Temp 19C lights off, 25C lights on.

IMG_38871.JPG
IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_38952.JPG
IMG_3897.JPG
IMG_38991.JPG
IMG_38981.JPG

Smells so sweet.

This shall be my last grow so im delighted its gone so well!.
I feel like ive been chasing a dream and ive finally caught it. Fingers crossed for the next 3 weeks :)

T

theTinker

why your last grow man? how much you hoping to yield?

Hey Greenguy, thanks for reading & commenting.

Last grow as I've been doing this to survive a long period of unemployment, I return to work in a few weeks and will need to pack it all in, I've plenty income when working, so money wise it'd be just not worth the risk for me to continue.
Its been a wonderful hobby and help the last year. I couldn't of survived without it, managed to keep my home and bills all payed on time.

In no small thanks to the farm here for the wonderful information.
I hope some of the threads ive left behind repay the knowledge back.

As for yield. I get 30g+ per plant in my old room, This scrog/tent/potsize is completely new to me so I'm basically hoping for at least the same as my old room. I've no idea what to expect.
If you've any estimates! let me know! I'd love a ball park guess.

Its interesting, Ill have alot less lower buds to add up the weight, but more top colas, im hoping the trade off works! :)

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
You should aim for 40-50 ounces. Good luck

T

theTinker

You should aim for 40-50 ounces. Good luck

I would give up working forever, head underground for many years, and return a rich rich man :) lol

Well i just got my CO2 controller this evening, hopefully picking up CO2 tank tomorrow, it should get me a little closer! :)

T

theTinker

yaayyyyy! Co2!

Spent the whole day wiring it up and setting it up.
Regulators electro magnet valve was broken, after hours of playing with it I found a fault in it. Returned and replaced it to my hydro store.

Spent 2 more hours figuring out the CO2 output on my controller was also faulty. Replaced it also, then it all worked :D

Delighted. Just rigged it up quickly to the tent, maintaining 1,100ppmm at the moment. Its BRILLIANT :D

first it analyses, then it dozes, then it redozes after 1 min,..now its 1,100 for the last couple of minutes :D

Brilliant :)

Cost €575 for controller+analyser+regulator and 80 for the tank + gas.

Very happy with it all.

T

theTinker

Day 46 of flowering

I missed a weeks update due to a car problem which has just sucked my time.

Last 2 waterings have been watered @
Canna flores 4ml/L
Bloombastic 1ml/L
Ph 6.5
RH 55% lights on, 80% lights off, 90% lights off spike
Temp 19C lights off, 24C lights on.

I ran out of silicon and my hydro shop only had a very expensive Rhino skin, which is stupid giving that silicon in a silicon only bottle can be about 10 times cheaper for the same substance.

My plants in the middle, the heaviest producers began to show a nitrogen defeicency about 10 days ago. I decided not to do anything about it as I didnt wanna add Nitrogen boost this late in flowering incase it causes a distruption to thier flowering. In hindsight, I wish i had added a little. It spread more rapidily through the couple of plants than i thought it would so i may have lots a few days weight from a couple of plants.

The ladies have all be behaving very well. All looking really good. Some higher than others so i must become better at training, but all really good looking anyways :D

I harvested a early oz a few days ago. I suspect by what i saw, A little over an ounce a plant. Im very happy with that. Ill update when its harvested and dried.

PICTURE TIME!
IMG_38941.JPG
IMG_5843.JPG
IMG_5846.JPG
IMG_5845.JPG
IMG_58482.JPG

IMG_5854.JPG
IMG_58491.JPG
IMG_58571.JPG
IMG_58521.JPG
IMG_5853.JPG

No bud is smaller than my thump which is great :)
One bud is ridiculously unfinished and seems to grow 5X faster than all buds on the same plant lol. Its white hairs still only, and its long and stretchy and continues to grow. The rest are all dense, compact and swollen. Im very happy with them.

Harvest in 2 days. I will update with pictures and weights when dried. Promise!

Any suggestions for future work would really be welcome. Thanks for the following this round :)

peace and green thumbs
tT

T

theTinker

So we trimmed and trimmed. The weight wet was huge :D
haha

Once dried, Its now come out at 1oz per plant. Im ok with this number, Its my usual. however I hoped for more with this screen setup. If anyone had any suggestions, please feel free to critique my work. I'd love to have learnt where i went wrong.

The following are some bits i made a mistake on this round:
1: I could of trained for longer before flowering
2: I could of trained longer in flowering to help even the canopy more
3: The back of the screen wasnt trained well so ive moved my tent so i can now access it easier.
4: I ran out of Silicon early so i expect some weight reduction in this.
5: The nitrogen defencicy probably reduced weight also during the last 10 days.
6: I should up pot sooner so that my buckets can root fill more, I found alot of the soil to be rootless.
7: I need more wind on my babies before screen time, the lower stems were not that thick.
8: 7 week flowering is not 8 week flowering. I save a week, but i may be losing an oz+

If each point even gave 0.05 of an oz more per plant, I could be up 25% by these easily fixed and known mistakes.

If anyone had any advice where i went wrong, I'd love to here it.

Top Bottom