1.5 - 2 week old seedling with dying leaf tips... I think I overwatered.

• Thread starter DripDropDrippin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DripDropDrippin

Hey guys,

First time grower here. I've got this seedling in 3x3 with 4 others I've started. The 4 others are doing great so far and haven't had any real issues with those. However, after watering this guy yesterday, I noticed the tips of the leaves started to get real droopy and dark. That's why I think it was overwatered. I took a pencil and aerated the soil to help get it some oxygen. This morning, it was still looking pretty bad, no longer droopy but as you can see, the edges of the leaves are looking very rough.

I decided to transplant it into a 3 gallon fabric pot that I have to help with aeration and get it into some fresh, non-wet soil to let its roots recover. The only other variable is that I increased the intensity of my light as I have a bigger plant needing some more light but I raised it higher to make up for that. And as I said, the other seedlings are fine so not thinking it's light stress.

Has anyone seen similar issues? Does this look like overwatering or should I be on the lookout for something else? Please see attached pics (solo cup pics are from yesterday, other pic is from earlier today.)

15   2 week old seedling with dying leaf tips i think i overwatered
15   2 week old seedling with dying leaf tips i think i overwatered 2
15   2 week old seedling with dying leaf tips i think i overwatered 3
15   2 week old seedling with dying leaf tips i think i overwatered 4
J

jeffchamby74

I don't think it's old enough to know for sure it's over watering. But if you remember over watering then reduce it and let's observe for a few days. Love the green though. What strain is it?

D

DripDropDrippin

It's a Gelato photo I got for free with my order from NASC. It's my first grow so I'm a little anxious but it's been a great experience so far. I'm hoping this one bounces back and the growth going forward normalizes after getting her into the fabric pot. As it was a freebie, I won't be as upset if it doesn't make it... but still a bummer that it's got something going on with it.

J

jeffchamby74

I think it'll bounce back. Gelato isn't such a fragile strain. As long as the right amount of nutrients and light are available, I think you should only worry about how long it'll take to bounce back.

D

DripDropDrippin

Here's an updated photo for anyone that wants to follow along or if this thread ever comes up in someone's search in the future. Despite the damaged parts looking even worse, she is having some good new growth as you can see in the photo. Looks like 4 new leaves are growing in. If I had to guess, those damaged tips probably don't help with photosynthesis but don't seem to be much of a hindrance overall! I'm feeling good about her prospects moving forward.

20220705 155539   Copy
Top Bottom