1/5th of the plant is droopy?

• Thread starter BatmanPetersenc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BatmanPetersenc

Update on this damn plant. Harvested the other that flowered early and was ready. But this guy. This guy just gets worse and worse.

Cut off a few more branches but then found an bunch of aphids. So I think that was my underlying problem.

Once I found the aphids, I sprayed w/cannatrol, unfortunately during the late afternoon. Not sure if the following pics are a result of time of spray, but 3/5ths of the plant is very sad now. I also followed up with some Dr. Bonners spray (8tsp/gallon) two times at night.

My main question is: prune all of the dead fan leaves on the wilted branches, leaving the healthy branches/leaves to support the wilted ones, or let it ride and see if the bounce back? Don't think they will. Yeesh.

PXL 20230926 215410560

PXL 20230926 215415831

Them leaves look toast to me. Thoughts welcome.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
My outdoor these days I just let it do what it can and focus on my indoor. No comparison in quality imo unless you live in Cali or somewhere with ideal weather.

B

BatmanPetersenc

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm almost in agreement. I'm gonna let it run, as the left side (in pics) looks fine. This poor plant!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hang in there, man! You just never know what’s gonna happen! All you can do is try and figure out what the hell happened! And one more happen! Shit happens! I’ve lost my share! Part of the game! At least you’re playing!

B

BatmanPetersenc

My outdoor these days I just let it do what it can and focus on my indoor. No comparison in quality imo unless you live in Cali or somewhere with ideal weather.
Well, I definitely like the idea that I can grow slightly larger quantities than in my 2x4. And I'm so new that my indoor quality and outdoor is relatively similar. Doing no till, limited amendments, etc. Mostly just microbes (Azos) and black strap molasses occasionally for soil microbes, so not getting super plump and dense. Also not trimming my suckers/lowers as much as I think I could.

But for an update, this plant is dead. I think it was aphids all along. Just choosing down, which I think may have helped keep them off my other plant. Definitely saw ants as well, though not many, so tried not to worry and never saw aphids early on in the diagnosis process. But there ya go, she fell on her sword for her buddy.

A few pics of the stump and a chopped bud, very dark. In memoriam:

PXL 20230930 173406150

PXL 20230930 173343880

PXL 20230930 173346461

3cats

3cats

Well, I definitely like the idea that I can grow slightly larger quantities than in my 2x4. And I'm so new that my indoor quality and outdoor is relatively similar. Doing no till, limited amendments, etc. Mostly just microbes (Azos) and black strap molasses occasionally for soil microbes, so not getting super plump and dense. Also not trimming my suckers/lowers as much as I think I could.

But for an update, this plant is dead. I think it was aphids all along. Just choosing down, which I think may have helped keep them off my other plant. Definitely saw ants as well, though not many, so tried not to worry and never saw aphids early on in the diagnosis process. But there ya go, she fell on her sword for her buddy.

A few pics of the stump and a chopped bud, very dark. In memoriam:

View attachment 2050896

View attachment 2050897

View attachment 2050898
Hey, I've read through this and I've no idea either but the first thing that came to my mind looking at your pics is how close to the ground that large stalk is and with the other branches and main trunk making a large shaded spot. Maybe if that large trunk was up a few inches there's be more air flow under it making everything dry uniformly. Is it possible it was damp under there for long periods of time? with no air flow? I'm just throwing shit out there its just a shame after growing such a nice looking girl

B

BatmanPetersenc

Hey, I've read through this and I've no idea either but the first thing that came to my mind looking at your pics is how close to the ground that large stalk is and with the other branches and main trunk making a large shaded spot. Maybe if that large trunk was up a few inches there's be more air flow under it making everything dry uniformly. Is it possible it was damp under there for long periods of time? with no air flow? I'm just throwing shit out there its just a shame after growing such a nice looking girl

The stalk was also possibly rotten. I was most worried about fusarium, but boring old root/stalk rot is also likely. Though still better than fusarium by the sound of it. There were bottom branches sitting right on the ground, which I know is not great. And when cut, the xylem (phloem?) Might have felt squishy. So yeah.

Thanks for y'all's condolences and thoughts. This is all helpful experience moving forward for sure. And, at least one plant got harvested before getting sick and infested!! Looking like it will fill 8 or so giant mason jars.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Sorry about your plant, outdoors can be brutal. Maybe try some compost teas to keep the soils healthy next year. Might be worth a little research, I feel like they help me at least against disease.

Top Bottom